Completed my First 5K today!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• happypath101
    Options
    I set myself a goal to do 5k by the end of the summer. (Not as a race; just on my own.) Thanks for the inspiration.
  • medaglia_06
    medaglia_06 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! Good for you!
  • medaglia_06
    medaglia_06 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I set myself a goal to do 5k by the end of the summer. (Not as a race; just on my own.) Thanks for the inspiration.

I'm starting C25K tonight, I'm with you!
  • kuregisto
    kuregisto Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Congrats! And good luck on the half-marathon in December!
  • bumblebot
    bumblebot Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Well done!! I ran my first one today too and am feeling great! x
  • kgalea
    kgalea Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Do it! You will LOVE the feeling even more!
    I would suggest a 10k as others have, and if you can find one a 10 miler or 15k (9.3miles) once you reach the 10k mark...
    I signed up with Team in Training and went from not being able to run a mile to finishing a full 26.2 in 4 hours 17 minutes about 14 months later. I started training around August (weighing around 160 - just lost around 25lbs), ran a 10k in November, 15k in July, 10 miler in late August and ran the full in October.

If you keep to a training plan it will happen!

Congrats on the accomplishment!
  • AntuanR
    AntuanR Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! That's a goal of mine for this year. It's a present to myself for losing weight! :smile:
  • kpittman0612
    Options
    Sweetpantsreb: I have looked over the Hal Higdon Plan and it seems very doable. I will be printing that out and giving it a try. I wish you luck with your running/training as well.

Thanks everyone for your well wishes and congratulations! Feels so great to have a support system! I am signing up for another 5K in June and hope to get a better time this go round.

Cheers to getting and staying FIT!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!