Disney

Options
Anyone training for Disney races? Iam currently training to walk the Disneyland half, in Sept., and the Wine & Dine half at WDW in Nov.

Any Disney peeps out there?

Replies

• omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    No, but have fun! We'll be at WDW during the Villian race weekend. Sounds fun, but I won't be ready for a 10K at that point!
  • kace406
    kace406 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm not training specifically for it yet, but planning to run the Disney Princess Half next February. Training for my first 10K now and determined to do that half next year. My determination that the Disney Princess would be my first half has the added bonus of convincing my bf to make a Disney trip, even though he said he wouldn't until we had children. :-)
  • brandysilvers
    brandysilvers Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am not currently training for a race at Disney but I ran the Disney Princess Half in February and it was the most fun I have ever had at a race! I love to run Disney!!! I am so jealous of you I wish I were running more Disney events this year!
  • chase7512
    chase7512 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Would love to, but I can't find any races around Christmas time in WDW
  • Delaina1
    Delaina1 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Disney Marathon in January! It will be my first one :)
  • oharabears
    Options
    Hubby and I did the Wine and Dine half relay in October. Lots of fun, VERY well run and supported!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,663 Member
    Options
    Lol, Disney Cruise to the Caribbean in July on the Disney Fantasy! I'll be running on the ship deck!

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • kace406
    kace406 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I am not currently training for a race at Disney but I ran the Disney Princess Half in February and it was the most fun I have ever had at a race! I love to run Disney!!! I am so jealous of you I wish I were running more Disney events this year!

So glad to hear that you enjoyed your Disney Princess half experience! Every person I've talked to who has done talks about how fun it is!
  • sherip22
    sherip22 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I just did the Disney Princess in February. I can't wait for next years! I wish I had the money to do all the Disney races, lol, but unfortunately, that ain't gonna happen!
  • brandysilvers
    brandysilvers Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I just did the Disney Princess in February. I can't wait for next years! I wish I had the money to do all the Disney races, lol, but unfortunately, that ain't gonna happen!

I feel the same way. LOL. RunDisney events should come with a warning...Highly Addictive
  • sherip22
    sherip22 Posts: 81 Member
    Options

I feel the same way. LOL. RunDisney events should come with a warning...Highly Addictive

Lol, they are highly addictive! I don't know about you, but ever since the Princess Half, I can't hear Stronger by Kelly Clarkson without thinking about the race.
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Both my first half-marathon and marathon were Disney races. The half was in Disneyland, and the full was in Disneyworld, for my 21st birthday. They are amazingly fun races, and very well put-together and organized, considering the massive amounts of people who sign up and run them.

I'd love to more, but it'll have to wait a few years, since I can't afford the travel. I used to live about 8 hours from LA, and now that that's more like 20, I definitely can't afford it, haha.
  • Graciecny
    Graciecny Posts: 303
    Options
    My hubby did the WDW marathon a couple years ago and said he'd never had so much fun at an event. He's done M-dot races (both full and half Ironman distances) and said the entertainment and support was like nothing he'd ever seen before. My personal goal is to do a half marathon at some point...definitely at WDW! No other thing could get me out and doing 13.1miles! :laugh:
  • DocGu
    DocGu Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I have done Disney Marathon weekend for 4 years in a row now and already signed up for my 5th.

They really do a good job.
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I ran the Goofy in January. I'll be running the Disneyland Half to get my coast to coast for the first time!!!! I'll also be running the Tower of Terror 10 Miler. I'm sad to say I won't be at the Wine & Dine. I had a blast last year running the event but my hubby got a knee injury. I'd love to go back and have a better time with him during that race. I love Disney races!!!
  • brandyk77
    brandyk77 Posts: 605 Member
    Options

So glad to hear that you enjoyed your Disney Princess half experience! Every person I've talked to who has done talks about how fun it is!

I did the princess half this year and it was a B- in my book personally. I don't like how early they require you to be in your corral (i ended up jumping the fence and peeing in the woods). The course was decent though and there was some fun stops but I didn't stop. I did love how they had the post race treats already boxed up for you...but the massages should have been FREE. Race shirt was subpar for the $ you spend.

I've done the full in WDW 2x and I don't care for the course. Too much road running w/o shade towards the end.
  • 20carrots
    20carrots Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Doing the Tower of Terror 10 miler in September and CAN"T WAIT! Did Disney Princess 2011 and it was great! Disney almost ruins you for other races. You find yourself wondering, where are all the characters?? :laugh:
  • shaynes14
    shaynes14 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I am hoping to run a half marathon at WDW during the Marathon Weekend in January. I actually signed up for it five years ago, but I didn't commit to the running program and ended up not going. This time is going to be different. I have already started training. Ever since five years ago when I didn't go, it's been something that I feel I need to do. I'm not getting any younger. I was also tempted by the Tower of Terror 10 miler in October, but I haven't signed up. There is a waiting list now since I have procrastinated this long. Still debating.... It sounds like so much fun!
  • wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I'm signed up for the WDW Half in January. It'll be my first Disney race AND my first Half. I'm super stoked!! My hubby and my mom are running it with me, which makes it all the more fun. They are spendy races, but I'm a Disney fanatic... so I'm willing to pay. (Yeah, I'm a sucker. LOL) My goal is to eventually run ALL their races over the next few years with the goal of 2 Coast to Coast medals (since there are just the 2 Halves at DL).
  • laurcampbell
    laurcampbell Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Disney Marathon in January! It will be my first one :)
    I ran this just this past January - signed up for the Goofy - I have never had so much fun in my life, if you are there just to have a good time there is nothing like it, I ran with my camera and stopped at every character along the course to wait in line to take pictures with them, just a blast, have soooo much fun!!