Replies

• JulieDerda
    JulieDerda Posts: 163
    Options
    hypothyroidism
  • dreamshadows
    dreamshadows Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Anyone say tired or dehydrated yet? I freeze when I'm dehydrated or over tired.
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    Ive lost 7 lbs... I guess I kinda expected to feel colder ( my husband is ALWAYS COLD I am ALWAYS HOT )...
    I just figured I was hot because I was fat lol.... But for some reason I am FREEZING ALL THE TIME? Am I doing something wrong? Maybe I am dehydrated? Caffeine induced?
    I feel like I am missing something... how do I go from burning up and sweating to freezing under the covers with no temp change in the house???

Feeling cold can be a sign of undereating.

Your BMR calories are what your body uses daily just surviving, i.e growing your hair, nails, pumping your blood, keeping your organs working and keeping warm.

If you are undereating, and not getting enough calories to keep all that activity going, something has to give. for some it is the hair or nail growth, for others it's the ability to keep warm.
  • pinkminy
    pinkminy Posts: 286
    Options
    I think that it also its to do with your liver, with me about half an hour after eating I get hot and thats because my body is working hard to process what I ate. I have a sluggish poor liver function according to my blood test results. so if your cold then maybe your body is processing food quickly and not storing enough for thermogenic effect , I dont know its just a theory
  • ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    I am not a doctor. I know that I was cold all the time and needed to have my thyroid tested. Have you ever been tested?

I have not, but thats a good point :)
  • ExplorinLauren
    Options
    I have lost 83 lbs and noticed when my body fat dropped so did my internal temp, doc told me to increase protein

Thanks!
  • witrixie2011
    Options
    I think it's a sign you're not getting enough calories.

This is what I've heard too.
  • ExplorinLauren
    Options
    I looked at your diary, you are not eating enough. Is there a reason your goal is 1620 cals and you are eating 1000 or even less?

Eating disorder recovery?? or something? If so, it's a good start but you need at least 1200 cals a day

Actually that was just the new goals I entered last night because I start P90X tomorrow.... usually its 1420 for my goal. But you are right, I haven't been paying much attention to my diet the last few days :(
  • raige123
    raige123 Posts: 352
    Options
    I only get cold when I drink alot of water ... so by lunchtime I usually notice the change,lol.
  • carlynn13
    carlynn13 Posts: 281
    Options
    since I've lost weight, I'm freezing all the time too...like sweatshirts, sweatpants, and fuzzy socks when its 75 outside
  • BlessedEight
    Options
    bump
  • ExplorinLauren
    Options
    Thank you guys for all your help and ideas :) I do think I need to up my cals, and getting my thyroid checked isn't a bad idea either!
  • gracielee1
    gracielee1 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    girl, you might want to go see a general practice doctor or your primary care doctor and get some blood work done. they should check for iron levels and thyroid issues. I recently got my blood work done and im waiting for results. I recently lost a lot of weight as well, and cut out certain foods, but i've always had cold hands and feet and I am always freezing as well. You might be deficient in certain vitamins in your body.
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    I used to be freezing cold ALL the time. I always ached for a hot bath and wore layers upon layers. I went to see an accupunturist for something else and mentioned this. She had me make this "tea" every night. I swear to God within a week I noticed a change. And, now I don't even need a sweater half the time. LOL:

* Buy some fresh ginger. It's super cheap and good for you. It lasts about 2 weeks left out on the counter.
    * Cut off a thin medallion of the ginger. Stick it in a mug with about a tsp of honey.
    * Add hot water. Enjoy.

Apparently, it boosts your immune and your metabolism too.

Hmmm. this is interesting and I might try it! I think it would also increase your circulation. Smokers are often cold in the extremeties becuase of poor circulation. I don't know why losing 7 lbs would cause that. I lost 50 lbs and I am freezing all the time, and I assume it's because I don't have a nice layer of lard to keep me warm!!! No. Seriously! I used to surf in 50 degree water in just a bikini.Now I cringe at the thought of it! I might try the ginger tea to see if it helps, though, because I'm cold no matter what (unless I'm hot! haha!). Plus it sounds YUMMY!
  • HotCuppaJo
    HotCuppaJo Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Ive lost 7 lbs... I guess I kinda expected to feel colder ( my husband is ALWAYS COLD I am ALWAYS HOT )...
    I just figured I was hot because I was fat lol.... But for some reason I am FREEZING ALL THE TIME? Am I doing something wrong? Maybe I am dehydrated? Caffeine induced?
    I feel like I am missing something... how do I go from burning up and sweating to freezing under the covers with no temp change in the house???

Feeling cold can be a sign of undereating.

Your BMR calories are what your body uses daily just surviving, i.e growing your hair, nails, pumping your blood, keeping your organs working and keeping warm.

If you are undereating, and not getting enough calories to keep all that activity going, something has to give. for some it is the hair or nail growth, for others it's the ability to keep warm.

Interesting! That makes total sense....
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    I'm always cold as well. Very close to my goal weight, but I was cold at my top weight too. I'm actually sitting in my office with my winter coat on because I'm freezing.

I really don't think it's because of something. Just some people get colder than others...
  • sherri85
    sherri85 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem only I was waaaay overweight and I thought that was really strange also (I had lots of insulation). I found out that I was anemic though and started iron and now my temp gauge is pretty much back to normal..
  • Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I am also always freezing... But I have a bleeding disorder and it is one of the signs my blood has thinned out. I was blaming the weightloss but recent bloodwork shows it's the disorder acting up again. If it's a constant thing I would mention it to your doctor.
  • domgirl85
    domgirl85 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    You might be anemic. I have low iron and a symptom of that is poor temperature regulation which can cause you to feel unusually hot or cold.

Also, if you take certain meds, it can cause it too. When I was on BC for about 3 years, I suddenly started having....basically hot flashes.
  • Jessamine
    Jessamine Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I am cold most of the time. Eating and exercise helps quite a bit. I also have (healthy) low blood pressure (100/60 - ish). That definitely contributes to my tendency to be cold.

I'm always layering my shirts. My husband calls it my "armor" and teases me about it. Hehe. I recently discovered lightweight thermals and LOVE them for those colder days. Hehe.

ETA: I get my iron levels checked yearly because of my IUD. I don't have low iron, so that isn't a factor in my case. You could always get some bloodwork done to check things out. It would be good to see if you have any vitamin deficiencies.