Replies

• RikanSoulja
    RikanSoulja Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I can run a 10k comfortably and in a good time but I still hate running lol
  • MsMargie1116
    MsMargie1116 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Yes that was me running/walking on the bike path last night. Yes that was me walking 2, running 1 lap at the YMCA monday. Yes that was me running for the first time in 11 years. WOOOOHOOOO. Yes that was me I know because my shins and ribs are asking if that was me trying to kill 'us' Sorry had to toot my own horn a little :happy: But I have not ran since I got out of the Army in 2001 and I hated doing it then. Still trying to figure out how people get addicted to running when I hate it so much. So if you all have the secret to 'loving running' please share.

Toot away!!! You deserve it!!! :laugh:
  • cestevam
    cestevam Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    That's a great feeling! I used to run 3 miles a day, and then I fell out of it when we moved to different town. I didn't know the layout of streets in my new neighborhood, and was missing my old tried and true route I'd had for so long. Recently, I found a website called "map my run", and I was able to find a route that was about 1.25 miles, which was perfect to ease back into it again. Until I got out there and realized all that stamina and muscle I had before had retreated into the netherworlds of my abdomen. I couldn't get through the whole mile without walking for part of it. So, my new goal is to get through the mile, without collapsing on the side of the road. lol

Also, I'm new to this site, and I'm looking for some fitness friends for some support. hint hint :flowerforyou:
  • goldengodd3ss
    goldengodd3ss Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I LOVE running.

Why?
    * When I see a runner, I want to jump out of the car and join them.
    * I can see real, measurable improvement. Even though I'm slow, I'm not as slow as I used to be.
    * I can see real change in my weight and my body because of running.
    * Running has improved my self esteem and confidence.

Thanks Short for the topic post and Real for this reply. I am terrified of running - I am scared of the thought of losing my breath in the first 10 seconds, panting for air and looking like a failure. Real, your list of positives are really inspiring, but I have to ask: How do I start to run?
  • slepygrl
    slepygrl Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    You are AWESOME!!
  • shortandfaithful
    Options
    I am terrified of running - I am scared of the thought of losing my breath in the first 10 seconds, panting for air and looking like a failure. Real, your list of positives are really inspiring, but I have to ask: How do I start to run?

I think I walked 5 laps on the track before it was the 'perfect' time to run. I didn't want anyone to close or for too many people to see me. Basicly I was playing mind games with myself. No one is watching they are all too busy trying to do their own thing. Which in my case was not dying on the track lol. Good luck
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I've been running since I left the Army is 1986. A love affair that continues to this day! Need that rush!!! See you on the road!