Your Biggest NSV So Far ??

Options
Whats your biggest NSV (non scale victory) so far in your fitness journey?

I have a couple
Quitting Smoking & Running a mile without walking

Replies

• vipergts223
    vipergts223 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I have to work on that first one you mentioned...

But i think mine is just realizing the crap that i was eating, and severely reducing it, or in most cases eliminating it. I told myself I wanted to go the gym atleast 3 times a week. From the the day I signed up I have been going 5 days a week.

This site was a massive wake-up call for me
  • mstaser
    mstaser Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    That first victory was a big one and it got me started on the MFP journey.
  • tiggerbounce411
    tiggerbounce411 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I have 2 actually...#1 the belt I bought that I had 4 holes left on is now TOO big to wear and I never thought that would happen. #2 I am 8 days cigarette free.
  • mstaser
    mstaser Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • edena1987
    edena1987 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Being told I have sexy, sexy, sexy legs.
  • rescueisnotamyth
    rescueisnotamyth Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Zipping myself into a size 12 dress. (:
  • cndslee
    cndslee Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    yesterday I RAN 4 MILES without any walking!
  • adavis59
    adavis59 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    My biggest NSV has been when friends of my 15 and 20 year old, have seen me recently and have done a double take and told me, " Wow Ms. Davis, you look great," or they have made nice positive comments about how I look to my sons.
  • gymprincess1234
    gymprincess1234 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Losing 21cm off my hips and 15cm of my waist and chest.
  • glassofroses
    glassofroses Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Being able to do a push up. I was a skinny teenager before I was an obese adult and even then I had the physical ability of a landed fish. Now there's very little I can't do, and that's just because I haven't got to it yet.
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Buying a bra at Walmart again!
  • kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Rediscovered self confidence. I get compliments most days - not just about weight loss - but because I smile and laugh more, I wear make up and nail polish, and have gone down 2 dress sizes. The happiness I put out there comes back ten fold.
  • MrsMcLaughlin2013
    MrsMcLaughlin2013 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    My wedding ring fits Again after not being able to get it on my finger for almost 2 years
  • Chena83
    Chena83 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    My shorts that I wore when I was married 12 years ago FIT!!! I couldn't zip them and now I can.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,005 Member
    Options
    Cycling a 400 km randonnee last August ... 400 km in just over 24 hours including all breaks. First time I have done that in 9 years.
  • brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Probably the realization that every single item in the plus sized stores I have shopped at my entire life are too big for me.
  • nlwrfa
    nlwrfa Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Mine is small.... but sticking with this for a week (just started) and resisting all the snacks at work (there's been a ton!)