b12

Options
Anybody have an advice/opinions on getting b12 shots? I've talked to a few ppl who have been getting them and they said the metabolism boost is awesome, and since its a vitamin it's something that once you get to your desired weight, you can continue to take the vitamin in pill form and maintain your weight. I'm curious to hear if anyone else has tried these, or heard anything about this that could contribute to my decision as to whether to, or not to, get them.

Replies

• lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    you need all the b vitamins iv heard good things about the shot nothing bad i do know that b vitamins are the mega vitamins of the vitamin world when you do get tham tell what you think
  • kermiefan
    Options
    I used to take the b12 pills--they were prescribed by my dr--and I could feel the food being changed into energy --really pretty cool. I can't say they increased metabolism-but they may have given me a little more energy. :flowerforyou:
  • Veronica320
    Options
    I hate needles! So I just take Women's One A Day and drink lots of Vitamin Water 10 (that contains tons of B vitamins and is also low carb).
  • Catzwitch
    Catzwitch Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I've been taking sub-lingual B12 tabs for almost a week now (Wal-Mart, $5, lol) and while I don't know about weight loss, I do know I get extra energy from them, so thats a definite plus in my book!
  • jmacarthur
    Options
    There are so many supplements on the market right now that feature B vits, but you should always check with your doctor- even though it is "just a vitamin", always regard them as a medication. Pharmacists are a great source of information, too! In fact, they often know more than MD about potential benefits AND risks.
    I personally like ZIP FIZZ in my sports bottle while I'm trying to get my 8+glasses a day. Its great to give you a boost when you work out, mow the lawn, clean the house, etc. You end up burning more calories, feel great and don't feel burned out afterwards. just don't take it a few hours before bed:wink:
  • metalpalace
    Options
    Be careful with supplements clear them with your physician first. Sure we all know why we need vitamin B 12 but synthetic B12 could do anything that the manufactures "programmed" them to do and every manufacturer is different.
  • Catzwitch
    Catzwitch Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    There are so many supplements on the market right now that feature B vits, but you should always check with your doctor- even though it is "just a vitamin", always regard them as a medication. Pharmacists are a great source of information, too! In fact, they often know more than MD about potential benefits AND risks.
    I personally like ZIP FIZZ in my sports bottle while I'm trying to get my 8+glasses a day. Its great to give you a boost when you work out, mow the lawn, clean the house, etc. You end up burning more calories, feel great and don't feel burned out afterwards. just don't take it a few hours before bed:wink:

I *love* Zip Fizz, I used to get them all the time from Costco from their sample girl in trade for what I was sampling, lol. But I can't afford them now. :(