Options

Replies

• FreeThotStrm
    Options
    quit about 180 days ago...

don't miss the cost
    don't miss huffing and weezing going up stairs
    don't miss being fat
    don't miss not being able to run a mile (and more)
    don't miss sweating when the temp goes up 5deg

and I can keep going, I honestly enjoyed it when I did, but didn't miss the fact that it's killing me and now that I quit for a half a year, I DON'T miss how bad I stunk now that I can smell it on others..

This is where I am at-I quit 22 yrs ago and it was the best investment I could have made for my health! I also can't believe the price now days, holy ****, how do people afford this? Id rather take that $ and go on a fabulous vacay once a year! BTW, this is a health site so Im not even sure why we are talking about this?

Actually this is the section of the site where we talk about anything.

Still on a site where people are trying to get control of their health right, or did I miss something?

I'm sorry, I didn't realize you weren't allowed to do or talk about any non-healthy habit in order to use this site. So glad to hear you are perfect, how's that working out for you? Oh, and no one begged you to come into this thread. BUH BYE.
  • aliciagetshealthy
    aliciagetshealthy Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I know we all want to quit....and should...but we know we all still enjoy smoking.

and there in lies the problem...it doesn't matter (mentally) how bad I know it to be, the fact is that I "like" to smoke. I've been a smoker for 33 years. I've never been an adult who doesn't smoke. I have never been a stress or emotional eater - I smoke. It's part of who I am and how I self identify. It's definitely the biggest challenge to quiting.
  • FreeThotStrm
    Options
    I don't smoke because I'm addicted, I smoke simply because I love it. Each time I've found out I was pregnant, I've quit that same day and not smoked for the duration of my pregnancies. Last year was hospitalized for two weeks. Doctor suggested giving me a patch or meds to "Help you get through your time here without smoking." I refused them and did not suffer withdrawal symptoms nor did I crave a smoke. Smoked as soon as I got home. I simply love smoking and cannot think of a reason to quit. Sorry, but it is enjoyable to me.........:smokin:

Same here, exactly! I don't smoke a whole pack a day and I can go without for hours and even days if I want to. I definitely stopped during both of my pregnancies. But I don't have the desire to stop smoking. I remember when people used to smoke in grocery stores and malls, lol.

So it will be completely ok with you guys when your children start smoking right?

What a nasty and manipulative way of trying to "win" an argument.

Well, if my daughter was 18 I would be perfectly fine with her decision that she made about her own life. I teach her how to think, not what to think.

If she were under 18 and I caught her smoking, there would be consequences, but what goes on between my child and I is really none of your business.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Why does every single mention of smoking have to bring all the anti-smoking fascists crawling out from under rocks; screaming and ranting and wanting to bully everybody on the planet into being a non-smoker? :noway:
  • NSQuintana
    NSQuintana Posts: 207
    Options
    Now..what exactly are we referring to say smoking? :smokin:
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I quit smoking in July. I've quit before. Once for two years. This thread has literally taken the subway to midtown, changed trains and gone to Queens - to the only shop I know for sure has them - and bought me a pack of Chesterfield Kings. The thread is right now putting one in my mouth and lighting it with a stolen Zippo that says "Born to Ride" and the image of a pair of boobs. Why? Why would this thread do that to me? What's next? A thread that makes me start drinking again? Can't you people see that these threads are more powerful than God himself? We are powerless before the sheer majesty of the thread!
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    If you're smoking hot does that count? :wink:

My fiance smokes...I wish he didn't...but it is his one vice....that and the other kind of smoking...lol
  • w_i_n_d_y
    w_i_n_d_y Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    To Unwrappingcan:

If you eat too much:

rollover.jpg

gross.jpg

tumblr_l0u4brdDYz1qzshj4o1_500.jpg

See......it's NOT NICE when people pour scorn and judge other people's struggles and addictions. I'm sure you can relate to this, being a member of a WEIGHT-LOSS site.

whats-wrong-with-being-judgemental1.jpg

Enjoy your cakes :noway:

You win the internets today. And I have the authority to grant this award, so no one question me.
  • shannoninBC
    shannoninBC Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Only after sex and that ain't happening
  • nabauer86
    nabauer86 Posts: 39
    Options
    I quit for a year, with the aid of Zyban. Then I gained 40lbs, and started again to see if the weight would go away lol. Didn't help that I also was dating an owner of a tobacco shop at the time haha
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    been clean a few months but i am with you all who need to smoke while drinking, it's awful!!
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    I am a trying to be non smoker. When the beer & wine start a flowing....so does the urge to smoke!!! I am hoping to now enjoy it for certain events like out with the girls, etc. I am 7 days free ( minus one sunday..it was sunday funday )

I seriously find it sooo gross when I see other people smoking and imagine thats how nasty I look sucking down a cancer stick. :embarassed:
  • microwoman999
    microwoman999 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Ahhh I loved smoking! I quit a little over a year ago to better my health:sad: I do miss it sooooooo but its a life choice maybe when I am 50 if they still have it around then LOL
  • BigAlfrn
    BigAlfrn Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    i still have a smoke every now and then especially if i'm drinking so its a good thing that i dont drink that often anymore(being on vacation last week though i drank and smoke like there was no tomorrow) but i'm back on grind again.
  • Uuugggghhhhhhh
    Options
    Cigarettes: the gateway drug to pizza.

funny-food-photos-dont-do-it-stephanie1.gif
  • Babygirl928
    Babygirl928 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Cigarettes: the gateway drug to pizza.

funny-food-photos-dont-do-it-stephanie1.gif
    now thats just mean. now i want another cigarette AND pizza :laugh: :laugh:
  • FreeThotStrm
    Options
    I wonder why Mrs. McHaterPants deleted her comments?
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options

I think there was an intervention. Or she was swallowed up by a space vaccuum and every tracve of her existence has been expunged. Either way works.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Probably because we called her out for being intolerant.
  • MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    First things first..

Those pics are disgusting.

Second, Don't judge anyone else. You look silly.

Third, those who preach "this is a health website". Um hello....Chit Chat section and smoking both apply to this thought.

Fourth, I don't smoke regularly except for when I drink...seems cigs taste a hell of a lot better with a few shots BUT trying to not bother with them at all.

Fifth, I do agree....they are the gateway to pizza, which is how I ended up on MFP today.