Chicken

Options
Has anyone got a nice low fat chicken recipes. I have some of my own and im getting really bored with them.

Replies

• tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    I Like to just drizzle olive oil over the chicken and then sprinkle misses Dash or any other flavoring over it and bake it.. you also can put veggies on the bottom of the dish and lay the chicken across it and cover with foil the flavors from the veggies will go into the chicken making it so yummy.. and then you cook a whole meal all at once..
  • Saudimom
    Options
    Chichen Breast sliced in thin strips
    Season salt
    Wheat flour
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    Toss damp chicken in to Wheat flour
    and fry yummmmmm I just love it also good with fish!!
  • Saudimom
    Options
    From Weight Watchers 4 chicken breasr 1 diet coke 1 cup of Ketchup pout in sauce pan and simmer for 45 minutes!!!
  • Saudimom
    Options
    sorry for the typos I am tired!
  • jewely82
    jewely82 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I love to make chicken fajitas. Saute thin strips of chicken until almost cooked through. Then add cut up bell pepper and onion. Add some cumin and a little salsa. Serve with a flour tortilla and top with tomatos and lettuce if you want.
  • jewely82
    jewely82 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Here's another really good one. I use a crock pot and just add in the spinach and chicken at the very end.

Lentil and Sweet Potato Stew

Ingredients:
    2 tsp canola oil
    1 medium onion, finely chopped
    2 garlic cloves, minced
    2 celery stalks, sliced
    2 large carrots, diced
    2 tbsp curry powder
    1 cup lentils, rinsed and picked through
    2 cups fat free, low sodium chicken broth
    1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes and juices
    1 8 ounce can no-salt-added tomato sauce
    1 medium sweet potato, cut into 1 inch pieces
    3 cups baby spinach
    2 cooked chicken breasts, cubed

Preparation:
    Heat oil on medium heat and sauté onions, garlic, celery and carrots for 6-7 minutes. Sprinkle curry powder and stir well. Add broth, canned tomatoes and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil. Add sweet potato chunks, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 25 minutes, until lentils are tender. Stir in baby spinach and cooked chicken. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
    Serves 6

Per Serving: Calories 282, Calories from Fat 27, Total Fat 3.1g (sat 0.3g), Cholesterol 33mg, Sodium 190mg, Carbohydrate 38.3g, Fiber 14.5g, Protein 25.4g
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    I do a ton of chicken recipes too, and I find that it is really easy to change the taste completely. I try to think of a theme I want to go with, whether it be Mexican or Italian, etc.

I recently tried curry chicken and it was great! Not authentic of course; I kind of made up the recipe. I get a chicken breast, rub it with a little evoo, salt, pepper, garlic. Then I squirt a tiny bit of honey and rub it all over, then sprinkle some curry all over. Yum!!

I have also taken to stuffing chicken breasts before cooking. My new fave is to put pesto, sun-dried tomatoes, and parmesan cheese inside and then bake it. It is so tasty!
  • daisylou
    Options
    Homemade chicken nuggets! take boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut them into pieces and coat with egg beaters or egg whites. Then crush some ritz crackers, reduced fat parmesan cheese and cayenne pepper. Put it all in a ziplock and give a toss. Bake on a cookie sheet for 20 minutes @ 400 then turn over and cook for 10 more minutes then broil for a couple more minutes. Dip in wing sauce. YUMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Homemade chicken nuggets! take boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut them into pieces and coat with egg beaters or egg whites. Then crush some ritz crackers, reduced fat parmesan cheese and cayenne pepper. Put it all in a ziplock and give a toss. Bake on a cookie sheet for 20 minutes @ 400 then turn over and cook for 10 more minutes then broil for a couple more minutes. Dip in wing sauce. YUMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUMP
  • epoeraven
    epoeraven Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    This is one of my favorites and it re-heats pretty well if you make more than just the one serving the recipe makes. I got it off of hungrygirl.com

Chicken Cordon Bleu

Ingredients:
    One 5-oz. raw boneless skinless lean chicken breast cutlet
    1 wedge The Laughing Cow Light Original Swiss cheese, room temperature
    1 oz. (about 3 slices) 97 - 98% fat-free ham slices
    salt and black pepper, to taste

Directions:
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Put chicken in a large sealable plastic bag, squeeze out as much air as you can, and seal. Using a meat tenderizer or a can, carefully pound chicken through the bag until it is about 1/4-inch thick. Remove chicken from the bag, and season to taste with salt and pepper on both sides.

Lay the chicken flat and spread the cheese wedge over it. Evenly layer the ham slices on top of the cheese. Starting with one of the longer sides (or any side, if it's square), tightly roll up the chicken breast cutlet, and secure with toothpicks.

Place chicken roll in a baking dish lined with foil and/or sprayed with nonstick spray, and then cover the baking dish with foil.

Bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Carefully remove the foil covering the dish. Continue to bake (uncovered) for an additional 15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Enjoy!

MAKES 1 SERVING

Serving Size: 1 chicken cordon bleu (entire recipe)
    Calories: 222
    Fat: 4.5g
    Sodium: 692mg
    Carbs: 2g
    Fiber: 0g
    Sugars: 1g
    Protein: 40g

POINTS® value 5*
  • VeronicaWardak
    VeronicaWardak Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I pulled this off a WW blog...I must try it this week and will let you know how it turns out :)

DIET COLA CHICKEN

1 can diet cola (any brand)
    1 cup ketchup
    4 3-4 oz. Chicken breasts
    1/2 packet of Onion Soup Mix

Place chicken in skillet. Sprinkle the Soup Mix then pour ketchup over chicken and then cola. Cook on medium high heat 45 minutes, reduce heat, cover and simmer until sauce begins to adhere to chicken approximately 20 minutes. Remove from heat and serve.
    Enjoy.

Nutritional Facts per serving: 174 calories 2.8 gr. Fat 0 fiber.

4 oz. Raw chicken breast 129 calories 2.8 gr. Fat
    ¼ cup ketchup 45 calories and 1 gr. Fat
    ¼ can diet cola 0 calories

WW points 4
  • scoobdoob808
    Options
    My favortie Chicken recipe lately has been a red wine vinegar one. YUMMY

Cut chicken breasts into small bite size pieces

Cook in skillet with

tiny bit of olive oil
    1/4 to 1/2 cup of Red Wine Vinegar depending on your own taste
    a sprinkle of itialian seasoning
    1/4 tsp or 1 clove minced garlic
    Dash of Garlic Salt

It is so so yummy

I also have crook neck squash from my garden right now so I have been cooking this with the chicken also and then serving with Rice. It is so yummy and I think it should be pretty healthy.
  • lsjd2000
    lsjd2000 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    here is a chicken recipe that is good
    1 large onion, 2 mangos peeled and sliced, 1 whole chicken cut into pieces, 2 tbls melted coconut oil or butter (the real stuff) 1 tsp sea salt, 1/2 tsp pepper, 1/4 tsp paprika, pinch of nutmeg, grated rind of 1 lemon, 1 cup chicken stock, juice of 1 lemon, and 1 can Whole coconut milk
    Preheat oven 350

Stew onion slices in a large stainless steel baking dish. Arrange mango slices in a layer on top of onions and place chicken pieces skin side up over mangos. Mix together coconut oil, salt, pepper, paprika,nutmeg, and lemon rind in a small bowl and brush on chicken pieces, - Bake for 1 /12 hours or until chicken is nicely browned. Remove chicken and mango slices to a heated platter, pour chicken stock into the dish and bring to a boil over high heat, scraping the coagulated juices. Reduce heat and simmer stirring in lemon juice and coconut milk, Stain into a small saucepan and continue to simmer to allow the liquid to reduce and thicken slightly. I pour this over the chicken and mango sliced and enjoy

this recipie comes from Eat Fat Lose Fat - it will serve 6 and has 366 calories per serving.
    it is a dish from Western Samoa
  • vbclemmons
    Options
    Vaughns Chicken & Rice

Ingredients:

4 Large Boneless Chicken Breast
    6 Slices Turkey Bacon
    1 can Sliced Peaches (No Sugar Added)
    Uncle Bens Whole Wheat Rice
    1 stick I can't beleive its not butter
    2 tbsp Virgin Olive Oil
    3 packets Sweet & Low
    1/4 tsp Sea Salt & 1 tsp Pepper
    1/4 tsp Paprika

Directions:

Boil Rice according to packet directions
    Saute Turkey Bacon dice and set aside
    Seperate Peach Juice from Peaches, set juice aside, dice peaches

Season Chicken Breast, add Olive Oil to skillet add chicken breast turning frequently, when 1/2 way done, lower heat and cover, slice chicken breast in pan, add juice from peaches, bring chicken and peach juice to a simmer add sweet n low and cover, this should glaze, you want chicken to brown here, not burn....watch closely.

Serve Chicken over Rice Spinkle Peaches and Bacon on top and enjoy
  • kdmaurer
    Options
    cube a chicken breast. take 3 rosemary sprigs...that's right, the plant, and strip all but about 2" of the leaves from the stem. skewer the chicken onto the rosemary. grill for about 1-2 minutes per side. serve with the juice from 3 oranges/1 T honey/1 T grey poupon mustard--simmer that till it reduces by about a third and thickens slightly.

It is great...the chicken takes on the rosemary flavor. Got this one from the Biggest Loser website--the whole family loves it!
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    they all sound good
  • Zephyr36608
    Options
    I grow my own herbs and you can get the same effect by placing springs of fresh rosmary, stems and all, under the skin and baking or rotesserie cooking chicken. And yes, it adds a wondeful flavor! Of course, don't eat the skin to cut the fat, but you won't need to, the chicken will be juicy and moist and very flavorful from the cooking process alone.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Last night I just thawed some chicken tenderloins, threw some season all (it's some kind of garlic pepper mixture) all over it and threw it in the oven for 20 minutes. It came out so tender and delicious! I dipped it in reduced fat sour cream and ate roasted asparagus (done in the same pan with the same seasoning, on top of olive oil) as my side.

I found a recipe on FoodNetwork.com (can't find it now - their search is messed up) and have made it twice, both times with different cereals but the general recipe is:

Take chicken strips (or just cut boneless skinless breast into strips - this last time I used tenderloins as I had a ton!) and flour them, then dip into bowl of eggs and cover both sides. Place chicken in bowl of crushed chex cereal (I used honey bunches of oats th first time and just picked out the oats. The honey gave it a nice sweet taste!) and cover both sides. Place in pan covered in olive oil. Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees F.
  • bjandlm
    bjandlm Posts: 75
    Options
    How about Salsa Chicken, it is easy to make and not too much fat. I take the chicken breasts and coat them with about a
    half bag of taco seasoning, then I place them in a baking dish, I coat the chicken with a jar of salsa, any salsa will do, depends
    what you like. I bake at 375 degrees for 40 min, and during the last 5 minutes I remove and pour some low fat shredded cheese
    on top. I like to make cornbread with it. Very yummy.....:smile:
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    How about Salsa Chicken, it is easy to make and not too much fat. I take the chicken breasts and coat them with about a
    half bag of taco seasoning, then I place them in a baking dish, I coat the chicken with a jar of salsa, any salsa will do, depends
    what you like. I bake at 375 degrees for 40 min, and during the last 5 minutes I remove and pour some low fat shredded cheese
    on top. I like to make cornbread with it. Very yummy.....:smile:

Ooh! I do this, just without the taco seasoning.