My Intro...

Options
Hi All - i just wanted to introduce myself so I can jump in feet first. My name is Natalie and I'm the mom to 2 kids, a 3 year old boy and a 1 year old girl. It's been about 6 months since my little girl stopped nursing and I can't get away with just eating whatever I want any more. This is actually the first time in my life I've ever "dieted". I've been using the food diary for 6 days now and actually really like it.

I have about 15 lbs to lose before I'm feeling comfortable and about 25 to reach my ultimate goal. Not that much I realize, but like I said, I've NEVER done this before.

My biggest challenge is finding the time to exercise. I work 25 hours a week and between that and my kids it's so hard to find the time. My kids are not good sleepers and I am just ALWAYS tired. I'm hoping that if I start out by trying to improve my eating I might get a little more energy back.

Anyway, I'm glad I've found this site and hope to get to know some members here.

-Natalie

Replies

• Scottslass
    Options
    Welcome Natalie,

Your at the best place. I love MFP. You will get to your goal.

Pamela:flowerforyou:
  • klaflamme
    klaflamme Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Welcome Natalie! This site is awesome! The food / exercise diary is exactly what I have been looking for. I've lost 5 pounds since I joined 8/22/09. You will see the results. I am a single parent, so I understand that it's hard to find exercise time! I'm still working on that! Glad to have you aboard!

Kristi
  • princessjade22
    Options
    Hi Natalie, and welcome! I am a stay at home mom of four and have found it difficult to find the time to excersise too. My kids also wake up at random times so I know what your talking about. Before joining MFP I was always exhausted. I now wake up at 5 am before my kids wake up so I can get a 30 minute workout in and last week it worked.
    This is a great site, it really makes you think about the foods you are putting into your body and the people on the message boards are really supportive. Good luck!

Rene-:happy:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever!!!! You will love it here if you don't already. I :heart: this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • itsmenatalie
    itsmenatalie Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!!