Beautiful Blue Team WEEK 18

Options

Replies

• sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    Hello Blues!!

I just got back from an awesome workout at the track. I did some walking, some jogging & even some running. My tendonitis felt pretty good after I got warmed up & I was able to go for about an hour & burn 450 according to my HRM. I just love when I earn an "extra" meal!! :laugh:

Chrissy - congrats on that long run & feeling strong enough to keep going!! You're doing so great!

Have a great day team!
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Just watched the BL preview after reading about it on here and I am SO EXCITED!!!! :bigsmile:

Congrats to everyone who lost this week, for those who gained - it'll all even out!, and for those who maintained... it was a good week! :drinker:

I weighed in on Saturday and am still at a steady 240, which I'm very happy about. I was in this weird mode all last week. SO hungry all the time! I don't get it! So, even though I didn't eat unhealthy foods... I did eat a lot, and slacked a little on exercise at the end of the week, so I stayed the same. Hopefully next week will be a big loss.

Well, yesterday after the weigh-in... I went to a huge flea market with a friend. We took his car... I had a feeling we should've taken mine. The flea market takes place on a street. Both sides are blocked off and you walk down this huge hill to a little dip, then up the other side... then cross the street and go back down and back up the hill. We were there for a long time, did a lot of walking (most of it at a pretty good pace) and I burned 1015 calories! Yeah, I wore my HRM, lol!

On the way back, his car started jerking on the interstate and his RPMs were going from 2 to 4 sporadically and back and forth. Then a lady yelled at us from another car and said that fire was coming out of the exhaust! We pulled over on the side of this crazy busy interstate and jumped out! I thought the car was going to blow up!! He popped the hood after a few minutes and found that the catalytic converter (I think?) was glowing red. We were about 50 miles from home, so I called my mom to come get us. We couldn't hang out there for long. He worked on the car and tried to take a sensor off so that the exhaust could come out.... but, it had gotten so hot it was pretty much welded to the car. And towing back home would cost a minimum of $300!!!! Mom came to get us and my uncle and my friend went back out and towed the car home. They're supposed to be working on it today. It was scary!

We got done with that fiasco around 11 last night and the only places open to sit down and have dinner at were IHOP and Denny's. He chose Denny's. I'd only had Fiber One pop tarts and a sandwich all day so I was soooooooo hungry. I got something called a Hooburrito. Not the best choice, but I figured I could fit it into my day safely... lol, I'm pretty sure I burned at least 200 more calories freaking out on the side of the road with semi's zooming by for 45 minutes!!

So, yeah... I think this has turned into my Sunday morning ramble... lol. Hope you guys don't mind. :wink:
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    That's ok to vent, I always do. :cry: I am in a huge depression. :frown: Lost my motivation to exercise.:explode: :cry: Actually, have a hard time getting out of bed. My bladder surgery wasn't successful.:cry::cry: So after all the pain I've been through, now losing money, I have had 3 unsuccessful surgeries.:sad:in the past 2.5 years. The shoulder seems a bit better, but not the bladder.:cry::cry: I just want to pack it all in. Literally. I have no quality of life. I'm just a recluse in my own home. Have a hard time doing anything anymore. I have to go away on Tues. and don't even want to go.:cry::mad: When are things ever going to go my way??:cry: Keep goin' team anyway.
  • sanifrey
    Options
    That's ok to vent, I always do. :cry: I am in a huge depression. :frown: Lost my motivation to exercise.:explode: :cry: Actually, have a hard time getting out of bed. My bladder surgery wasn't successful.:cry::cry: So after all the pain I've been through, now losing money, I have had 3 unsuccessful surgeries.:sad:in the past 2.5 years. The shoulder seems a bit better, but not the bladder.:cry::cry: I just want to pack it all in. Literally. I have no quality of life. I'm just a recluse in my own home. Have a hard time doing anything anymore. I have to go away on Tues. and don't even want to go.:cry::mad: When are things ever going to go my way??:cry: Keep goin' team anyway.

(((((((HUGS))))))))) Babe, I'm sorry that you're having such a hard time. I hope & pray that things get better for you & that you have the strength you need to get through it all! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options

(((((((HUGS))))))))) Babe, I'm sorry that you're having such a hard time. I hope & pray that things get better for you & that you have the strength you need to get through it all! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Thanks Sweety, I sooo appreciate your support.:flowerforyou: At least my oldest-my 19 yr old son, is being supportive and loving. And my hubby. The other 3 don't get the agony. If my bff's dog is preggo, she's giving me a pup to help me keep my mind off of things, and something to look forward to. Pick of the litter! Possibly Halloween. (I'm an animal fanatic.:bigsmile: ). Chat soon.
  • sanifrey
    Options

Thanks Sweety, I sooo appreciate your support.:flowerforyou: At least my oldest-my 19 yr old son, is being supportive and loving. And my hubby. The other 3 don't get the agony. If my bff's dog is preggo, she's giving me a pup to help me keep my mind off of things, and something to look forward to. Pick of the litter! Possibly Halloween. (I'm an animal fanatic.:bigsmile: ). Chat soon.

A new puppy would be wonderful!! What kind?? How exciting for you! :bigsmile:
  • alapointe
    alapointe Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Hang in there Kath. Things may seem unsurmountable right now, but they will get better with time, I promise. In the meantime just try to take it easy and rest, don't try to do too much or it will only get worse.

We are thinking of you and I know you will make it through stronger. You are an inspiration to a lot of us on here.:wink:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    kath - it all seems to hard right now but give it time - unsuccessful surgurgies are nothing you can fix yourself - allow yourself time to heal and rest! Hang in there!!!
  • alapointe
    Options
    Okay so i am officially done sending in my weights since i am on the way back up with the pregnancy. Here is my dilemma- Do I add my weight back into my profile or just leave it where it is until i can start to loose weight again? I am thinking i should leave it alone, since i don't want to change any of my calorie options or anything as i gain the weight throughout the pregnancy. My calories stay the same until 13 weeks and then i only need an additional 300 calories which i can add on to what i already have in my profile.

I never dreamed how hard it would be to see that scale start to move up after a year of watching it go down. I have to fight every urge i have to be mad and disappointed in the gain, even though i know it is for a good reason. I have conditioned myself to when i see it go up that means workout harder and watch what i eat more, but now i can't work out at all and I am still at the point where i am eating whatever i can keep down the easiest. (Not always healthy choices)

Also the cravings for onion rings is driving me insane.
  • chrissyh
    Options
    I can only imagine how hard that is - seeing it go up but remember you are doing everything right - for you and baby!! I am having a hard time eating more - totally not the "dieting mentality" is it?! But I'll get it!!

I would just leave everything alone and enter a weight after baby is born. You might want to take off your ticker just so the baby weight doesn't freak you out - just focus on nutrition for you and the bambino!
  • sanifrey
    Options
    OHHHH it so very quiet around here!!

Is everyone ready for tomorrow's weigh in?? I just got back from step & tone class! Lots of fun & I so needed those calories to get me out of the red for the day!!

alapointe - I agree with chrissy, get rid of that ticker & sit back & enjoy this baby time! You will put on weight, but if you're conscious of what you put in to your body you'll be benefiting the both of you in the long run. With my first daughter, I had lots of morning sickness & found myself eating alot of Wendy's baked potatoes & chili. I only gained the healthy 35 pounds with her. I was working out throughout my pregnancy. I think I was told to keep an eye on my heart rate, not to let it get too high & to avoid ab work... you may want to talk to your DR & see what they advise. You did say something about not working out at all. Are you on exercise restrictions? I may have missed that post. But, seriously, relax & enjoy this time as much as you can! :flowerforyou:

Have agreat night team!!
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Crap - today is weigh in - again?!?!? - no change - AGAIN!

just got all new machines at the gym and I am going to do the orientation for it so I can start using those as a 3rd strength day....

I purposely went over on calories yesterday with no exercise - I am determined to get up to where I need to be in calories!!!! This diet mindset's gotta go - I can eat! Such a great thing!

Not sure if I'll get to do kick tonight - son has football with 20 minutes in between til baseball! We'll see - I told my family (selfish me) that I wasn't going to sacrifice everything I've done over the past year - we all have to compromise...nobody argued!
  • sanifrey
    Options
    Hey team!

So, I'm trying out a new, free, zumba class tonight!! I've heard so many wonderful things about it! Hopefully I'll get a good calorie burn w/ out throwing my hip out!! LOL!!

I was wondering with the new BL season starting soon, would we be re-recruiting & starting a new challenge & thread?? Just wondering..... I am looking forward to the new season!! It's so motivating to see how these people transform their lives! I love it!!

Have a great day team & go out there & kick some butt!
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Good morning all.

198.5 this week.
  • sanifrey
    Options
    Good morning all.

198.5 this week.

:drinker: congrats!!
  • alapointe
    Options
    OHHHH it so very quiet around here!!

Is everyone ready for tomorrow's weigh in?? I just got back from step & tone class! Lots of fun & I so needed those calories to get me out of the red for the day!!

alapointe - I agree with chrissy, get rid of that ticker & sit back & enjoy this baby time! You will put on weight, but if you're conscious of what you put in to your body you'll be benefiting the both of you in the long run. With my first daughter, I had lots of morning sickness & found myself eating alot of Wendy's baked potatoes & chili. I only gained the healthy 35 pounds with her. I was working out throughout my pregnancy. I think I was told to keep an eye on my heart rate, not to let it get too high & to avoid ab work... you may want to talk to your DR & see what they advise. You did say something about not working out at all. Are you on exercise restrictions? I may have missed that post. But, seriously, relax & enjoy this time as much as you can! :flowerforyou:

Have agreat night team!!

I will get rid of my ticker until after the baby. I am on restrictions and can only walk a max of 30 min at a time. We had a scare in the 5th week and for now he does not want me to do any type of excercising or heavy lifting. He said i may be able to increase my activity in the second trimester but it is a wait and see type situation.

I have now developed my food aversions again too. I hated Chicken and pork with my first pregnancy and it is back again. I cannot stand the smell or taste so now i have to subsitute them with other things. Uggggghhhhh I hate being pregnant. Good thing the end result is so worth it.
  • vickim26
    vickim26 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Sorry I have been away. 186.4 this week.
  • AZWildcatnNC
    AZWildcatnNC Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Back on track :bigsmile: down to 221.4 (from 224.4 last Tuesday but didn't post it here :embarassed: ) Next week I'm going to be in the 210s! I'm feeling really good considering the in-laws are here and we're showing off the NC southern food with Sonny's BBQ and Bojangles fried chicken - and I still lost! Thank god for the gym :wink:

Haven't heard from my folks if my dad's started chemo yet. I'm trying to be respectful and not bombard them with calls since my mom has complained about the siblings doing so, but hello?!? is anyone going to call me? Guess not :frown:

They weren't able to do the biopsy on my sister in law because the samples weren't "good enough." She's undergoing another procedure today and we're hoping for results tomorrow, if not late today.

Alapointe: Sorry about the food aversions - those stink! Can you sub in turkey for pork and chicken or is your aversion also texture? Funny how much pregnancy impacts every single one of our senses, but you've got it right - it is all so worth it.

Happy weigh in day everyone!
  • MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Wow, I'm in Onederland.

:drinker:
  • debnu1
    debnu1 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Hey team!!
    debnu - don't get upset over the gain - cookies will put weight on but you'd have to eat a whole lot of cookies to gain 3 lbs!!!! Seriously!! I'm sure that if you tighten up your eating, start chugging your water & get active, your weight will adjust itself. Don't forget that we retain water based on our sodium intake & our hormones!!
    As far as your goals - I think that goals are great!! They really help keep us motivated, but you may want to try doing one at a time. Once you achieve your first, set a new date for the second. Base it on how well you're doing, how fast your losing & how devoted you really can be. Our lives change, some days, some weeks & some months are busier than others. Now, that summer is over, it can be a little easier to focus on ourselves & really get outside & enjoy the comfier fall weather that's coming... just my suggestions.. it's what's worked for me.... ... :blushing:
    But, you're doing great!! Keep up the good work!! You'll get there!!

Sani--thanks for the great support. I like the idea of setting timelines for one goal at a time. I think I will set it up that way. Interestingly I figured out that I was soo hungry last week and falling of plan easily because I wasn't eating enough fiber. It is amazing that it can make such a difference! Now that I have upped my intake again I feel more satisfied. I am really good at the exercising, I walk my daughter to and from school (2 miles total for me) and put in about 40 minutes of strength alternating with cardio 6 days a week. I need to work on my eating habits!!:blushing: I am finding out a lot about myself in this--I guess that is what it is all about!