My name is Beverly

Options
I am a mom and love my family. I am working to lose weight to save my life. I found out recently I have 2 heart issues and am currently wearing a heart monitor. I am 235 and need to get to about 130ish. So, just over 100 lbs. That feels like a whole other person. I live near Nashville, TN and am a Service dog Handler and trainer. I donate a lot of my time. I am currently working on a horse farm as a stable hand to earn riding lessons. I am going to learn to ride English. I hope to one day finish an Endurance Horse Race. I just want to finish one completely is my first goal.

Hope to make some friends and maybe meet someone close that can be a walking/running partner as I build up my strength.

If you want to know more just ask.

Your buddy,
Beverly A.

Replies

• 180farm
    180farm Posts: 230
    Options
    Add away. I'm too far away to walk with you but I try to sign on every day. You can definitely do this. It's not easy but mfp friends make it realistic.
  • rosecook425
    rosecook425 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Wecome to MFP. There is lots of support and ideas that go round the boards and any friends you make. Good luck on your journey to better weight loss.
  • cndslee
    cndslee Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Hi Beverly! Welcome! I do not live close enough to be a running/walking partner, but you can add me as a friend if you would just like a friend to cheer you on. i had about 100 pounds to lose also... 1/2 way there! :-)
  • rudemommafox
    rudemommafox Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys. You can add me to. I am in real need of support to lose the weight. I suffer from PTSD ( Non combat associated) and some other things. That is why I have a Service dog and it makes it harder for me to just get out the door. But I do a lot of indoor exercise now and am working on starting a garden in our backyard. I just got some chickens who I walk around with during the day.
  • DinoSaurous
    DinoSaurous Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    heyy :) good luck on your jounrey and feel free to add me ifyou need encouragemnet etc.
  • rudemommafox
    Options
    I hope I did it right but sent invites. I can't wait to get to know everyone. Thank you guys.
  • debra4647
    debra4647 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    You can do this!! Im in PA so I cant walk with ya but I'm on everyday so I can encourage you. Add me if you like Debra

ps. I have over a 100 to loose also.
  • rudemommafox
    Options
    I am just so happy to meet others who are supportive. I am still learning the site so give me time but I plan to get on daily and post just as much as I can. Praying for all my new friends.