HIT YOUR CALORIES!

Options

Replies

• hjohn09
    hjohn09 Posts: 9
    Options
    I was thinking the same exact thing. I go by calories in - calories out and it works for me. If I am not hungry (rare!) I am not going to eat 400 extra calories b/c it says I can.,
  • jkleon86
    jkleon86 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    bumpin! I try hard, but sometimes if I work hard, I have a hard time hittin them.

I like keeping a can of smoked almonds around. good, good for you, and quick calorie add to keep your numbers close
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    How do you get to the point where you are not hungry? Please give me your secret!

When I eat healthy and don't have "sugary crap" then I feel better more energy and am less hungry because your boby is getting what it needs.

Wow I am eating healthy, have lost some weight, my body has me eating 3200 calories nowadays because it wants the fuel to sustain my workouts and daily activity... If you eat less over time your body will eventually get use to this and will adapt and cause you to not feel hungry but this will eventually stall your weight loss......
  • 2gettinfit
    2gettinfit Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way, don't usually eat the extra calories, usually i'm not hungry...
  • DeanneLea
    DeanneLea Posts: 261
    Options
    Your body doesn't go into "starvation mode" in one day. If you're under a little one day it isn't going to do anything. Yea if you are consistently under 500+ calories maybe, but a 100-200 a day isn't going to make much of a difference. For most people that is the difference of maybe not weighing/measuring their food or not calculating exercise calories right. I'd be willing to bet that most of us underestimate how much we eat, even though we count our calories.

Personally, I may be over one day and under the next. As long as I'm right around the number for the week is all I care about. It has been working for me.

So true!

I love food too much and am pretty selfish with my calories lol. I almost always eat them all.
  • thejen75
    thejen75 Posts: 90
    Options
    Your body doesn't go into "starvation mode" in one day. If you're under a little one day it isn't going to do anything. Yea if you are consistently under 500+ calories maybe, but a 100-200 a day isn't going to make much of a difference. For most people that is the difference of maybe not weighing/measuring their food or not calculating exercise calories right. I'd be willing to bet that most of us underestimate how much we eat, even though we count our calories.

Personally, I may be over one day and under the next. As long as I'm right around the number for the week is all I care about. It has been working for me.
    Right on.
  • HappyHealthyDoll
    Options
    Why eat if you are not hungry.......wouldn't that just cause more problems down the track? Some day's I'm over some day's I'm under.
  • MrRosi
    MrRosi Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I need some clarification as well. so does that mean if for example my calorie goal is 2000 cal a day, i eat 2000 cal a day.. so if i exercise 700 cal.. that brings me down to 1300.. so am i supposed to eat another 700 calories to get back up to 2000? please help.. i have always been confused on this

Cory
  • sortin
    sortin Posts: 78
    Options
    I will force down a box of cookies since I'm 880 calories under.

Actually no...snack on some Frosted Flakes, and probably just accept that I was under today.
  • BrandonStark
    Options
    Counting calories leads to confusion. So far I've just eaten healthy and eat smaller meals 5 times a day, even if I'm not hungry. I track what I eat and workout 5 times a week and this works well for me. Counting calories is just a big waste of time.
  • pat6250
    pat6250 Posts: 90
    Options
    Cory, if your calorie goal is 2000 calories, that is what you can eat if you don't exercise that day. If you exercise 700 calories, then you eat another 700 calories that day. But, wow, what do you do to burn 700 calories? That would be a long, hard workout! So on the day of the long hard workout, you would eat 2700 calories. And if you don't workout that much the next day, you go down to 2000 calories plus the calories you work off. It's always 2000 calories plus workout calories.
  • ninelives58
    ninelives58 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Brandon - If you track what you eat and you're not counting calories, what exactly is it that you're tracking?
  • r1ghtpath
    r1ghtpath Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    i have no clue how you EAT and then get to the point where you're not hungry. i know that when i wasn't eating, or was grossly undereating, i wasn't hungry. ever. i had no appetite, no hunger pains, no headaches, nothing like that.

someone would say, " are you hungry?" and i would usually respond with, " i can eat." because i could eat, i just wasn't hungry.

now that i'm eating ( and some if not most days i don't hit my NET goal) i'm hungry, ALL OF THE TIME!!!! what i have found is that i have to find things to focus on that are NOT related to food, LOL!!! as long as i stay active it's tolerable :-) but, once i get some down time i immediately think about what to eat. i can't say i enjoy it. it really does make me want to stop eating again!!!!!

i actually like eating higher protein with fewer but bigger meals. for me, i think that helps....... at least i'm not focusing on food as much. and i eat til i'm full pretty much.
  • Anndrea08
    Options
    I measure most things I eat because I want to be as accurate as I can. I actually think I underestimate my exercise times because I don't want to over estimate! whew, That being said, most days have many calories left over. They are exercise calories. I am always full after I eat and when I go to bed!! I have been losing more inches then pounds but since I have a larger midsection thats dwindling, I'm ok with that! I do eat ALOT of veggies but always have plenty of protein, usually I go over on protein. So, I do think it's possible to not eat all of your calories and not be putting your body into starvation mode. My doc says I must be doing things right because I'm seeing results AND I feel great !!! oh, I drink alot of water too ; )
  • lorriratzlaff
    lorriratzlaff Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm the same ... I find it really hard to eat everything I need to some days and hit my calorie intake. It's time to get creative!
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    How do you get to the point where you are not hungry? Please give me your secret!

Balanced meals, lots of water, snacks in between... works for me.
  • BradMunro
    Options
    Brandon - If you track what you eat and you're not counting calories, what exactly is it that you're tracking?

Yea, What?
  • JessieArt
    JessieArt Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    If your body is going in starving mode, it will let you know by making you feel hungry.

If you are not hungry. Then don't eat!

Exactly! Listen to your body!
  • bm99
    bm99 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I have time to exercise at NIGHT. I am not going to eat 200+ cals after 9pm. Wouldn't that be worse?
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    I need some clarification as well. so does that mean if for example my calorie goal is 2000 cal a day, i eat 2000 cal a day.. so if i exercise 700 cal.. that brings me down to 1300.. so am i supposed to eat another 700 calories to get back up to 2000? please help.. i have always been confused on this

Cory

I don't. I eat 1300 a day- flat. I burn 500-600 a day in workouts. I don't eat any exercise calories back. It's working for me. I've been consistently losing 1-3 lbs per week since I started. I have plenty of energy, I'm not hungry and I feel great. If I go over my 1300 a little, I don't stress it because I know I burned and the diet creates a deficit. But, I enjoy that my calorie burning creates loss, too.