30DS or 30 day slim down?

Options
I was doing the 30DS (had to stop temporarily because I've injured my knee) This weekend I plan to either re-start the 30DS, or I have been reading about the Jillian 30 day slim down (where you mix 3 of her DVD's) Which do you think gives the best results? Has anyone done the 30 day slim down, I can't find many reviews or results on it? I just wonder if changing it up everyday will help my poor knees from repeatedly doing the same things every single day?

Replies

• mgs68pony
    mgs68pony Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Keep me posted on this, I have never heard of it.
  • shauna9909
    shauna9909 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Keep me posted on this, I have never heard of it.

go to the search here on MFP and type in "30 day slim down", I looked thru those posts and found the schedule there. I also googled it but I'm not coming up with many results :(
  • kalynn06
    kalynn06 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I did the 30 day slim down last year. I lost about 6 lbs and an inch or two off my hips and waist. I also ate relatively well too. My cardio improved and I did see a small change in my abs. I also had to take a few extra rest days because my knees and ankles hurt. I do like that there is more variety in the 30 day slimdown, but I think I'd add a low impact day each week if I were going to do it again.
  • shauna9909
    Options
    I did the 30 day slim down last year. I lost about 6 lbs and an inch or two off my hips and waist. I also ate relatively well too. My cardio improved and I did see a small change in my abs. I also had to take a few extra rest days because my knees and ankles hurt. I do like that there is more variety in the 30 day slimdown, but I think I'd add a low impact day each week if I were going to do it again.

Have you done just the 30DS alone? I'm just wondering the difference in results. Thanks for the info on the slim down! :)
  • shauna9909
    Options
    MGS68PONY....This is the schedule

DAY 1 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 2 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 3 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 4 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 5 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
    DAY 6 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 7 - OFF!
    DAY 8 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1
    DAY 9 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 10 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES

DAY 11 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 12 - BANISH FAST, BOOST METABOLISM
    DAY 13 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 14 - OFF!
    DAY 15 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1 & QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 16 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 17 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 18 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 1 & 2
    DAY 19 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 20 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM

DAY 21 - OFF!
    DAY 22 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2 & 1
    DAY 23 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 24 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM
    DAY 25 - QUICK TROUBLE ZONES & 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2
    DAY 26 - OFF!
    DAY 27 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES & 30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 1
    DAY 28 - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM & QUICK TROUBLE ZONES
    DAY 29 - 30 DAY SHRED: LEVEL 2 AND THEN LEVEL 1
    DAY 30 - NO MORE TROUBLE ZONES
  • kalynn06
    kalynn06 Posts: 368 Member
    Options

Have you done just the 30DS alone? I'm just wondering the difference in results. Thanks for the info on the slim down! :)

Sorry, I never did a whole month of 30DS alone. I mixed it with other things. I have trouble doing the same workout everyday, because I get bored and start to dread it. I would imagine that my slim down results were better than what I'd see with 30DS alone. Slim down is harder and, I thin, a little more balanced. I also find No More Trouble Zone to be, generally, the most effective Jillian Video I've done.
  • mgs68pony
    mgs68pony Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I have all those may have this a shot!
  • cecehite19
    cecehite19 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    bump
  • shauna9909
    Options
    I actually think I'm leaning towards the Slim Down, even though I can't find many results on it. Guess there is only one way to find out right? :) I think on the "rest" days or the days when its just doing one level of the shred I will add in my treadmill as well.