New and need motivational friends.

Options
Hello,
My name is Jennifer and I really need to lose 40pounds for health reason...Am having i hard time achieving this goal and i would really appriacte it if i have some fitness pal friends to help me achieve this goal.
Thank You.

Replies

• kr1ssy23
    kr1ssy23 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Im new also and trying to lose about 60lbs. If u need support, please feel free to add me. I also need support. Good Luck! :)
  • deidradean13
    Options
    Hi, you can add me if you like. I'm on here everyday and I can be a great cheerleader!
  • SeekingBacon
    SeekingBacon Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm new too, also looking for friends to help motivate me.
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I'm not new but I'm always up for good friends who are motivated for the long run!
  • llholton
    llholton Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi! I'm new, too! And I NEED to lose at least 100 pounds. Right now I'm focusing on the first 10... I think keeping smaller goals in mind will keep me from getting too discouraged.
  • xnevergiveinx
    Options
    Its nice to know there are other people like me. Ive been struggling with my weight for my whole life, but its worse now. It has gotten to the point where my co workers seem to think it is their business to tell me I should consider gastric bypass. The comments they make are pushing me to do this on my own. Ive been very hurt, discouraged, misunderstood, and just overall sad about the way I look and the fact that people are always looking at me differently because of my weight. Im hoping that with motivation and a great support system I can lose the weight I need. Soo, here is to losing weight, hope, and new friends :)
  • dudleyclan
    dudleyclan Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am new too. I find the program easy to follow. Keep positive you can add me if you like.
  • llholton
    llholton Posts: 3
    Options
    xnevergivinx - I am so sorry that your workplace only contributes to your stress levels, which of course then translates into, for me at least, emotional eating.

You're doing the right thing! The way to lose weight is slowly. We can do it this way, a healthy way. Gastric bypass is a disaster waiting to happen. I know a girl who go the lap band, which is at least adjustable, and it has been really difficult for her. She has difficulty swallowing food now.

I don't mean to judge anyone for making the decisions they need to for themselves, obviously, as I've made plenty of bad decisions which lead me to be at this terrible fat weight. But I APPLAUD YOU for making the decision to do this yourself, to work on betting yourself, and not letting your coworkers dictate your life!

I hope you find lots of supportive people to counter balance the negativity of your co-workers. Hopefully I can be one of them for you!
  • ablykins
    ablykins Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me! I log every day and love helping people achieve their fitness goals!
  • funsiiz
    funsiiz Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I would love to be your friend....You will find this is a great place for you:flowerforyou:
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm on every weekday and sporadically on the weekends!
  • funsiiz
    funsiiz Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I would like to be your friend:flowerforyou:
  • Marper8521
    Marper8521 Posts: 160
    Options
    Hey there, feel free to add me if you wish. I'm not the most knowledgeable, but I believe there is much more motivation in numbers and support.
  • Anikib
    Anikib Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hello, feel free to add me all of you if you would like. I try to be as motivational as I can and I try to be on here daily. I could use a little help and more friends too :0)
  • ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    You can add me :) I'm sorda new myself, but I have realized the more I interact with the site, and the people, the more excited I am to log in every day and stick to my goals :)
  • kolie518
    kolie518 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi - feel free to add me. I'm new to the site as well.
  • bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    You can add me as a friend, too. I'm a great cheerleader and motivator. We can cheer each other on!!! Even though my profile says I joined last August, I really just started myself, so I know how you feel. My computer crashed right after I joined in August, so I couldn't log in and track everything. So what did I do? Gain what I had just lost PLUS some more. I want to lose about 103 pounds altogether, if not 10 more. Time will tell. I didn't put it on overnight; I won't take it off overnight.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    I'm new as well....feel free to add me. We all are in this together.