Advice on a Tattoo

Options
MinkyMoo13
MinkyMoo13 Posts: 354 Member
Hi i curerntly have a band on my left arm with a rose going through it. Although i love it i want to add to it and make it look less band like.

Here is the band

Bob001.png

I quite like this (below) but not sure if it would look ok above it or whether to add more black swirly stuff to pad it out? I want this one in black not colour as shown below

Bob002.png

Any Advice? I did think about getting the additional tatto more on the top of my arm near my shoulder??

Replies

• MinkyMoo13
    Options
    Anyone?
  • TOYGRRRL
    TOYGRRRL Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I feel bad no one has replied. I personally don't have tattoo advice but thought if I replied someone else might too?

ANYONE!?!?

anyone...

ps. on a side note I've always said if I ever get one I will get a japanese yakuza styled tiger (full color) whole back with claw reaching over one shoulder and tail wrapped around side to my front hip. "Tiger" was my nickname since I was a little girl and would wear my tiger costume every day, till it fell apart and/or it didn't fit any longer. My mother still calls me "Tiger" to this day.
  • JessieArt
    JessieArt Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Hmmm . . . .LOVE the one you already have. I don't think you need to add to it. Like the one you want to add, would put it somewhere else.
  • Hernandeak11
    Hernandeak11 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Maybe not the route you want to go, but if you want to make your current one "less band-like", maybe you can have an artist transform your current one into the second photo?

I've seen some really amazing re-do's by artists, but if you like the original and want to add the second one, go for it!
  • tjones0927
    tjones0927 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    That second one would make a great shoulder cap. The thing about smaller are tattoos is you can add several different ones to one arm and then get filler done in the background that ties them all together. Good luck and have fun whatever you decide to do!
  • 986savvyt
    986savvyt Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    stop!! nothing will be as beautiful as your perfect skin
  • Pinoy_Pal
    Pinoy_Pal Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Definitely above and closer to your shoulder, and maybe a little color to it as well...at least some red.
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    It comes down to what you want on your body, I'd talk to your tattoo artist and have have him draw out some ideas for you and then play around with placement. :happy:
  • AvonLucyR
    AvonLucyR Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Two thoughts: 1) I like the one you have as it is...maybe a different location is better for the new one? Do you have others in different locations? I would personally put the new one somewhere away from the one shown here. 2) I would recommend you think about waiting until you reach your goal weight. Tatoos tend to distort with weight loss. Whatever you decide, I'm sure they'll come out great!
  • korsicash
    korsicash Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I would do the black rose and the swirly stuff and while they are in there doing the work have your artist add white to the negative spaces in the existing one and one the new one, helps keep your black from seeping and keeps lines crisper longer. A little hint from my tattoo guy!
  • Kelly50054
    Kelly50054 Posts: 141
    Options

100% agreed!! So many regret getting them later in life.
  • Vi0l33t
    Vi0l33t Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    if I were doing your tattoo, I'd suggest incorporating the second rose below the first using similar aspects of the first, possibly having it twining around and under the other. you could use blk/white if you did it this way and the contrast would be nice.
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Find a tattoo artist and see if he'll work with you on finding a piece of art. The artist we use works with us to find the perfect piece before we do anything. He draws up ideas and emails it plus allows us to sit down with him to brain storm. Google different tattoos online for ideas to show an artist. It will help them find direction to what you're interested in. Be sure to take your time and find what you want so you don't rush into something. I love tat's. I personally like meaning behind them but everyone has their own reasons for tats if they get them.
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options

I don't regret any of mine. Each one has personal meaning. I truly think in 30-40 years even if they don't look perfect I'll look at them knowing what they mean and I'll still love them!
  • butterflymarks
    butterflymarks Posts: 97 Member
    Options

I've never met anyone who regretted a tattoo they got. Although, I think fad tattoos or tattoos of someone's name (Except children) are silly..
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    My husband suggested 5 small roses, the current rose as the central rose, then 4 new roses in a box with that one in the middle. Then stems/designs going off in each of the directions of the 4 new roses to form a 6 point star look.
  • MinkyMoo13
    Options
    if I were doing your tattoo, I'd suggest incorporating the second rose below the first using similar aspects of the first, possibly having it twining around and under the other. you could use blk/white if you did it this way and the contrast would be nice.

I did think about having the new one under the current one it's a bit different to it climbing up my arm it could climb down..
  • MinkyMoo13
    Options
    As you probably al guessed i love roses i'm getting one designed as a climibing rose up my thigh as well.. I also have a black heart on my wrist and a tiger with the chinese symbol for tigerabove it on my right shoulder..

Thanks for some good dieas.. i think i would either have it more on my shoulder on the same arm or have it below the current rose. There is an AMAZING tattoo artist where i live i keep meaning to book some time with him he has a 1year waitingl ist he's that good!