What kind of Heart Rate Monitor Do you own?

Options
I was looking into getting a heart rate monitor to help me watch my workouts more closely. I was wondering what kind of hrm you have and how do you like it? I am greedy when It comes to spending money since Im out of work after I broke my neck at the end of 2010 :) and I would like one that really is worth the money! Thanks..

Replies

• laurieagain09
    laurieagain09 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    bump
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I have a New Balance N4 - retails for about $70, but I found mine on eBay for $26 - brand new in the box. :smile: The Polar brand is very popular, I'm sure you'll get some responses from Polar users as well.
  • Eldubya488
    Eldubya488 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Believe me, I know what you mean about spending money. I can't stand it!! lol But I've owned a Suunto before and it worked pretty well but the battery needed changing like very two months and those aren't the cheapest either. The belt that came with it broke only after 9 months of use so I wouldn't recommend that brand at all. I just bought a Polar one (I've heard that they are all very good) and I absolutely love it. It's accurate, comfortable, and the battery lasts!! If I had the money, I would totally save up for a Body Bugg or FitBit. FitBit's are about the same price as a Polar heart rate monitor, so if I had to recommend one over the other, I would say the FitBit since it tracks more than a heart rate monitor does. But if you are only interested in a HRM, Polar is a very very good brand. Hope this helps!!