Chipotle!!

Options
What is on your burrito or in your bowl? Have you made any changes to it since you started eating healthier?

I used to get a burrito with...
Rice
fajitas
barbacoa
Green salsa
corn salsa
sour cream
cheese
quac
lettus
have chips and salsa
and a soda

Over the months of getting healthier I have modified my choices.
As of today my new meal is a bowl
1/2 brown and 1/2 white rice
fajitas
fresh salsa
green salsa
Corn salsa
guac
lettus
with a water glass

Still filling and yummy but a whole lot healthier than it used to be
I also found myself only able to eat half the bowl at Chipotle and the other half a few hours later instead of downing the whole burrito in one sitting like I used to

Replies

• bjfrezell
    bjfrezell Posts: 241
    Options
    I ended up having to skip the burrito bowl and switch to hard shelled chicken tacos at Chipotle... but I definitely miss the burrito bowl and I love their guacamole!!!
  • ADHar10
    ADHar10 Posts: 18
    Options
    You're doing an awesome job making changes to your choices at Chipotle! Chipotle is one of my favorite "fast" food places to eat and I use to eat there at least once or twice a week. I would get a chicken burrito bowl with all the fixin's but now, I still get the chicken bowl but leave the cheese and sour cream out. It looks like this:

Chicken
    White Rice
    Black Beans
    Lettuce
    Pico de Gallo
    Hot Salsa
    Guacamole

According to their website, I'm consuming just over 650 calories from my choices.

I use to get chip as well but stopped complimenting it with my meal. Now, I only go to Chipotle once a month and eat it on a cheat day. LOL! I need to start choosing brown rice but the Asian in me is so use to eating white rice. That's no excuse, right! :)

Best of luck to you!
  • hufflypuff
    hufflypuff Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    You're doing an awesome job making changes to your choices at Chipotle! Chipotle is one of my favorite "fast" food places to eat and I use to eat there at least once or twice a week. I would get a chicken burrito bowl with all the fixin's but now, I still get the chicken bowl but leave the cheese and sour cream out. It looks like this:

Chicken
    White Rice
    Black Beans
    Lettuce
    Pico de Gallo
    Hot Salsa
    Guacamole

According to their website, I'm consuming just over 650 calories from my choices.

I use to get chip as well but stopped complimenting it with my meal. Now, I only go to Chipotle once a month and eat it on a cheat day. LOL! I need to start choosing brown rice but the Asian in me is so use to eating white rice. That's no excuse, right! :)

Best of luck to you!

I do half and half on the rice and even then i prefer more white than brown. Their brown rice just doesn't taste all that good to me.
  • elevatorguy925
    Options
    I used to go to Chipolte, until I looked up my "normal" burrito.. YIKES! I haven't been back since, almost 6 years now. I am glad you found some good choices, I didn't think there was any to be found.
    I avoid almost all fast food due to fat and salt content, and my health concerns. I do miss Chipolte...
  • hufflypuff
    Options
    I used to go to Chipolte, until I looked up my "normal" burrito.. YIKES! I haven't been back since, almost 6 years now. I am glad you found some good choices, I didn't think there was any to be found.
    I avoid almost all fast food due to fat and salt content, and my health concerns. I do miss Chipolte...

I'm a college student. I go to school in the morning and go from class to work with at max an hour in between. (not enough time to go home and eat) this leaves me eating fast food a lot. I also get off late and don't like to cook late at night when I will bother my family. So another fast food meal when I get off work. Long story short. I'm stuck eating fast food and I have accepted that and do my best to not eat the worst thing on the menu. No fries. Light on sauce. vegetarian options. water instead of soda. Ect. Its not perfect but its realistic for me.
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Love Chipotle! Our big change was to go from the burrito to the bowl. The burrito shell is 290 calories by itself! The brown rice was a great addition. I'm in the 600-700 calorie range for my bowl, but love every bite. I make sure I eat it on a good exercise day and/or when I have lots of calories left... Usually once a week.
  • simplysassi
    simplysassi Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I L.O.V.E Chipotle !

My new dish is a burrito salad - I skip the rice, guac, sour cream, and cheese.

Mine has:
    Lettuce
    pinto beans
    chicken
    tomato salsa

335 calories - and I love every single bite !!
  • hufflypuff
    Options
    I L.O.V.E Chipotle !

My new dish is a burrito salad - I skip the rice, guac, sour cream, and cheese.

Mine has:
    Lettuce
    pinto beans
    chicken
    tomato salsa

335 calories - and I love every single bite !!

I know it would be good if I could skip rice but with my dislike for beans and not liking chicken much its the last substantial filler left for me.
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    I LOVE CHIPOTLE!

The only change I made is rice. I order it as a salad now and no dressing because the veggies really season the salad.

- Romaine
    - Black Beans (just half a scoop)
    - Fajita Vegetable (I ask for extra)
    - Chicken
    - Tomato Salsa
    - Corn Salsa

It keeps me full for a long time.

Before, I would order the burrito bowl and will be the same way except I would have rice instead of lettuce. Back then I only managed to eat 1/2 of the bowl because the rice I guess made it so freaking huge.

I think Chipotle is a great place to eat healthy
  • pat6250
    pat6250 Posts: 90
    Options
    How ironic- I just finished a burrito bowl with chicken, brown rice, black beans, salsa, lettuce, tomato, and guacamole. It was too big to finish, so I saved some for lunch tomorrow. That's one way to cut the calories, haha, eat only half!:tongue:
  • SWilland
    SWilland Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    What is on your burrito or in your bowl? Have you made any changes to it since you started eating healthier?

Fajita Burrito:
    Brown Rice
    Fajita Veggies
    Chicken
    Salsa Roja (the HOT stuff!)
    Sour Cream
    Cheese

Haven't modified it one bit but instead of scarfing down the whole thing in once sitting I savor the flavor, stop halfway, and save the other half for the next day. Go Go Portion Control!
  • Laura_Suzie
    Laura_Suzie Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Veggie Bowl:
    White Rice
    Pinto Beans
    Black Beans
    Hot Red Salsa
    Sour Cream
    Cheese
    Lettuce

Sometimes, I don't get cheese if I want to save a few extra calories that day.
  • Jules0336
    Jules0336 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Oh, I miss Chipotle. I was in the US for 8 weeks and got it a few times. We don't have it in Canada :(
  • JessieArt
    JessieArt Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Now I'm craving Chipotle. Yum!

I have to fast Friday AM before my physical and bloodwork. I think I just might have to go have Chipotle for lunch. I miss it so much!
  • jobryan4
    jobryan4 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I love chipotle! - except for the calories and price. We don't go as often as we used to but I've always found that their portions easily make 2 meals - even when I overate. So for 2 portions the calories and price aren't too bad (for eating out). I have changed from the burrito to soft tacos so that I'm skipping the rice but I know the tortillas still add a lot to the calorie count. Now I only get either cheese or sour cream instead of both.
  • StarkLark
    StarkLark Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    My main change is that I no longer go to Chipotle :laugh:

I do miss it... but not as much as getting skinny. I treat myself occasionally every couple months with a chicken burrito (no beans, corn salsa, sour cream, cheese and lettuce. Please stir it up before you wrap it!)
  • vixkeri
    vixkeri Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I was horrible with chipotle.

I used to get:
    double wrapped burrito
    rice
    fajita veggies
    corn salsa
    mild salsa
    cheese
    sourcream

I haven't been back since my husband deployed, but the last time I went I transitioned to:

rice bowl
    fajita veggies
    corn salsa
    guac
  • trinitrate
    trinitrate Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Love it, have definately modified my selections though:

Burrito bowl (tortilla is very expensive)
    NO RICE (their rice is almost as bad for you as the tortilla)
    Black Beans
    Chicken or Carnitas
    Hot sauce (the hottest one)
    corn salsa
    lettuce
    Don't forget the SMOKE flavored tabasco.. Only place I ever see the stuff and it's awesome.

Comes in around 500 - 600 depending on how generous they're being with the ladel
  • CHEFCH♥ZZ
    CHEFCH♥ZZ Posts: 127
    Options
    i love mexican cuisine but i am NOT a fan of this place.
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    there's not a chipotle anymore around me *tears* but i used to get the crispy chicken (sometimes steak) tacos with lettuce pico sour cream and cheese, and squirt a lime over them...then get a root beer and usually chips and guac ugh I dont even WANT to know the calories on that haha! Now I'd probably just get the tacos minus sour cream, no chips/guac, and a water lol