Why you're NOT seeing results

Options

Replies

• wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I love it, I hate when so many people are eating right around 1200 and so happy when they are below it and wonder why they aren't losing much!
  • bunny1006
    bunny1006 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    bump
  • marci423
    marci423 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    bump
  • KaeliManson
    KaeliManson Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    bump
  • DominiqueSmall
    DominiqueSmall Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    That was the best discussion I have seen on this subject yet! Thank you!!!
  • slange1058
    slange1058 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This is great. Thanks for posting!
  • Tracey0013
    Tracey0013 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the read :) Bump
  • JaySpice
    JaySpice Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    bump to read later
  • maggiepz
    maggiepz Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I tried eating at 1200 and my weight stalls. my BMR is 1458 and that seems like a whole lot trying to lose weight quickly. I try to alternate the higher day and 1200 day now so my body doesn't think its starving.
  • robindina
    robindina Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Angelfromokc
    Angelfromokc Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Great! thanks for sharing!
  • YoungerNextYear59937
    YoungerNextYear59937 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I couldn't have said it better! I did these things and they worked for me (and they are still working for me in maintenance as I focus on building more muscle). Thank you so much!
  • glennstoudt
    glennstoudt Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for sharing. I have been trying to stay below 1200 calories and I am now 214 pounds. I guess I need to increase my calorie intake :happy:

Perhaps you have heard this before but the calorie count you noted is well below your BMR. For example, I am at 178 pounds, at 1810 per day and still losing weight. Who needs to feel miserable and hungry all the time? I have typically 500-1500 exercise calories per day, don't eat them all back and so the trend line is down on the weight. Can't see why someone at that weight needs to be at 1200 calories to lose weight. Just saying. Good luck on your journey.
  • Koshkaxo
    Koshkaxo Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Did he say to eat to maintain and then exercise will make you lose weight?

Im confused because if I eat say 1800 a day and then exercise away 400, that nets me at 1400 and very close to his definition of starvation? Is he contradicting himself or am I just misunderstanding?

Thanks for the post though OP, I like having different perspectives to think about :flowerforyou:
  • regmcc
    regmcc Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    This is pretty good, but as a nutrition major, I can attest that almost all Americans get more than enough protein in their diet. Don't need to worry about it, and don't need to supplement if you've got a relatively normal diet.
  • Bikini_Bound150
    Bikini_Bound150 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I wish more people would just understand this!!!!!!!!!!!
  • offthedeependay
    offthedeependay Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    bump for info
  • Lmdaniels
    Lmdaniels Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    As I believe I have reached the PLATEAU, this was very helpful. Thank you!
  • aquagurl12
    aquagurl12 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I hit plateau at 138 and went back up from there :(. Its a struggle to get down. I do exercise, its just my eating and training.