Second week on Induction

Options
This is my second week on induction. I have lost 13 lbs so far and I am very happy about this. Just wondered if anyone out there who has been following the low carbs diet could possibly look at my food diary and check to see if I am doing everything correctly. Have two of my kids getting married this year and I refuse to be the fat lady in the pictures. Thanks for any and all help. p.s. I have no friends either ): so if you want to mentor me so to say please friend me. Thanks again!

Replies

• Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Induction to what?
  • Llaybhs84
    Llaybhs84 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Atkins induction isn't that the correct wording?
    :smile:
  • Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    You have lost 13 lbs in 2 weeks?! Sheesh im still at 5 in three weeks! Good for you!
  • stephenatl09
    stephenatl09 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    During induction you really should not have any milk, it is too high in sugar for induction. Second, just because something says low carb it probably isn't low carb enough for induction. you should be eating meats, cheeses, eggs and vegetables. But the good thing is you can eat meats such as sausage, bacon, hamburgers (no bun), and etc. No "low carb" pizza :-). you should stay away from all bread, pasta, carrots (high sugar content) here is a link to the Atkins site to help with your decisions. Good Luck !!

http://www.atkins.com/getattachment/Program/Carb-Counter/2012CarbCounterRev3_12.pdf.aspx

edit to add..I lost 20 lbs in 2 weeks a while back on Atkins. I loved it !! I did not stick with it though. I have noticed it is difficult to do lifting when on this type of diet. No glycogen for muscle repair.. but as far as a diet goes it really can work if you follow the plan.
  • mybasset
    mybasset Posts: 2
    Options
    Great work! This was my first week. I only lost 2.5 but that is better then a gain. I am gonna start working out daily this upcoming week. Good luck on your journey.
  • Llaybhs84
    Llaybhs84 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks printed out the entire booklet. The low carb pizza I have been eating has no crust its made with cream cheese and eggs and cheese, should i still stay away from it?