TurboFire

Options
Ok my fellow MFP buddies!!

I am thinking about getting this DVD set but I need some input on how well this does or doesnt work!!!

Thank you guys!!

~Cil~

Replies

• kap89
    kap89 Posts: 15
    Options
    bump
  • LeslieMDoyle
    LeslieMDoyle Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I haven't done it, but my BeachBody coach is a HUGE fan of all-things-Chalene! And she looks GREAT! After TurboFire, she did TurboKick...and now is a TurboKick instructor.
  • chodgi06
    chodgi06 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    bought it about a month ago. with other fitness activities i'm not a set schedule with it, but the times i've worked the dvd's into my workouts, its been awesome. it kicks my butt every time! the "new to class feature" which is same class, but with instructional breaks in between sets is really nice. she keeps me motivated the entire time. right when i'm starting to drag she boosts me back up with some word of encouragement. music is fun, moves are never boring (hint, it is a little complicated at first, but instructions are good, just keep moving even if you mess up!).
  • mabear74
    mabear74 Posts: 248
    Options
    This is my absolute FAVORITE workout! It is fun and I love the music. Its a workout where I don't look at the clock and when it's over I can never believe it is over already. I had my most success while doing TurboFire. I lost 20lbs. doing it. Anything Chalean is amazing! I don't find her annoying like some other instuctors out there. TurboJam and Chalean Extreme are also amazing!
  • gingerlynnlove
    gingerlynnlove Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love it.. and I just bought the starter pack. Its cheaper and you get the feel of things...
  • fitnfancy80
    fitnfancy80 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    It really is a lot of fun. And you feel like you got a great workout. TurboFire is my program of choice.
  • Laylasmom77
    Laylasmom77 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I love Turbo Fire, just beware it's very addicting LOL!
  • Nix0224
    Nix0224 Posts: 8
    Options
    I'm an Independent Beachbody Coach...love, love LOVE TurboFire and anything Chalene does! Her energy is amazing and you have so much fun working out you don't realize how hard you worked. I work out with a heart rate monitor and I burn as many calories doing TF as I do running. It's that great! Highly recommend it! Feel free to message me about it, I'd love to help!
  • ejanderson
    Options
    I haven't done it consistently or exclusively enough to be able to comment on the results but it is SUPER fun! I generally do it on rainy or really hot days when I can't (don't want to) run outside.
  • poshcouture
    poshcouture Posts: 610
    Options
    I am currently on Week 4, Day 25 of TurboFire. So far I have lost 12 pounds. But that's not the only difference. I can actually FEEL the changes in my body - I feel it strengthening. The biggest change is how my clothes fit.

Believe me, you work your butt off! I've sweat until I was blinded, but it feels awesome!
  • mabear74
    mabear74 Posts: 248
    Options
    I'm an Independent Beachbody Coach...love, love LOVE TurboFire and anything Chalene does! Her energy is amazing and you have so much fun working out you don't realize how hard you worked. I work out with a heart rate monitor and I burn as many calories doing TF as I do running. It's that great! Highly recommend it! Feel free to message me about it, I'd love to help!

I workout with a HRM and my BodyBugg and I actually burn more calories doing TurboFire then I do Running. About 4 more cals a min.
  • lillypad1008
    Options
    So tell me this...How does it compare to Zumba??
  • laurastrait21
    laurastrait21 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about buying this when I need to cancel my gym membership in August.

Has anyone done both TurboFire and TurboJam??? Which do you prefer??

oh .. and why??? :wink:
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    It's an exercise program like any other. If you do the work, you'll get the results. It's a good mix on cardio, HITT, some strength and abs. I love it and have used it on and off for over a year now. I recommend it.

doesn't really compare to zumba at all. it's dancy but these are totally different.
  • ChristiH4000
    ChristiH4000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I take turbokick at the YMCA and they say it's basically the same thing. I love it! Makes for a fast and fun hour plus it really works up a sweat.
  • allysabee
    allysabee Posts: 123
    Options
    I am on week 2, day 2 of Turbo Fire and I love it! I really hate exercising - I know that's horrible but I just usually find it sooo boring. I can't stand going to the gym, or jogging on a treadmill for 45minutes, it bores me to tears. So I just bought Turbo Fire 2 weeks ago and I looove it!

It's very much like Zumba because there's great music and you do incorporate some dancing in with the kicks & punches. It's more than that though - you have different classes. Some are cardio, some are stregthening and core classes, some are stretching classes. It really teaches you to be more flexible and works out every single part of your body! I'd really recommend it! It's wonderful :)
  • Vonnie2006
    Vonnie2006 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Glad to read your reviews. I just orderd Turbo Fire Starter. Should be here any day now. Im currently doing Chalean Extreme and LOVE the changes my body has made. Can't wait to get started with TFS.
  • creative1981
    creative1981 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I'm starting week 3 tomorrow and really enjoy it. It's very high energy and I get a complete buzz from completing it!
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    bump

I have it but have not started it yet was wondering the same thing.
  • RKNR
    RKNR Posts: 30
    Options
    I love Turbo Fire it has really increased my cardio and once I got the moves down I became a total addict!