New Rules of Lifting For Women - Feedback Needed

Options
Has anyone tried this approach, what is it exactly, and are there good results? Should I spend the money to learn about it?

Replies

• jshaps7
    jshaps7 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it for 3-4 weeks and I'm a fan. I've done weight training before and wanted a better approach.

The book is on amazon for ~$12 so it's not a large investment. Or head to your local bookstore and read a bit of it to see if you like there. NROLFW also has it's own forum on here.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/119-new-rules-of-lifting-for-women-nrol4w-

Good luck!
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    depends on your goals. i love it but i mean if you've got lots of weight to lose you might not see visual changes for quite some time.
  • sedelagarza
    sedelagarza Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Is it easy to follow? I'm not a big fitness book fan because I hate reading technical books lol I don't have a whole bunch of weight to lose but I really want to get this layer of fat off my body before the end of the summer.
  • KClarkBar
    Options
    Thanks ladies, I'll check out the forum too. Appreciate your feedback!
  • jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Is it easy to follow? I'm not a big fitness book fan because I hate reading technical books lol I don't have a whole bunch of weight to lose but I really want to get this layer of fat off my body before the end of the summer.

It depends. How much background do you have in lifting? You will have to do things like squatting and deadlifts -- and form is important. Some can get the idea from watching youtube but some can't. It's easy to grasp...but you may need someone to point you in the right direction.
  • keggen
    keggen Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm considering this too. Weight is not my issue, I'd like to tone my legs and rear and lose some size/fat in those areas. I have been doing 2 Jillian workouts a day and it's just not getting me very far. It has improved my fitness and gotten me back into working out, but that's about it.
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I just got this on Friday. I haven't had a chance to go through it yet.