So much advice out there. Is there a bottom line?

Options
The spare tire. How the hell do I get rid of that damn thing? My weight is down and so is my waist but I can't seem to cut it down any more.

At the moment my waist hovers between 38 and 39 inches. My goal was to hit 35-36 by May 12th or June. But those 3 little inches might as well be 10. I'm having a really hard time getting down.

Any tips would be fine. I'm not looking for shortcuts. I'm just looking for results. I guess I've hit my plateau but I really don't know how to get over it.

Thanks!

Replies

• Mommyof3texans
    Options
    If you were to ask me, I'd say:

Diet - cut added sugars, watch sodium, drink lots of water, eat plenty of protein, veggies, fruits, whole grains

Exercise - lift weights, focus on large muscle groups - squats, pull downs, bench press, pushups, rows, etc
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    First, congrats on your progress so far!

I'd start doing core work - things like planks, situps, etc. Those will tone the muscles around your gut and perhaps convert some of the keg to a 6-pack. :)
  • neesono
    neesono Posts: 61
    Options
    Thanks!

I was doing P90X and following MFP log religiously....until I went on vacation for a month and it broke my routine. Now I just can't seem to get my rhythm back . Since March of last year I went from 220 and a 42in waist to where I am now 198 and a 38/39 in waist.

Needless to say I was thrilled when I cracked 199lbs! I haven't been under 200lbs in probably 10 years.

So I guess I just need to find my groove and get back on the P90X/MFP horse again and I'll start getting the results. But I just can't get the routine back. :-(