Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Boob support for large breasted women who run

Spring is here and I'm considering adding jogging to my exercise routine. The problem is that I am very large breasted and the girls just don't like to stay in place. Surely there must be other large breasted women who run/jog that have found ways to keep the breasts from giving them black eyes.

On a side note, I am not looking for volunteers to hold them down. :laugh: :tongue:

Replies

• Devlyn_P
    Devlyn_P Posts: 294 Member
    Yes Its rather distracting :wink:
  • jam3114
    jam3114 Posts: 250 Member
    I invested in a sports bra frm 'Shock Absorber' - gotta love the name :laugh:
    Totally feel 'strapped'
  • stuey39
    stuey39 Posts: 159
    Obviously I'm not a woman but a running buddy of mine has the same problem, check out..
    www.movingcomfort.eu

good luck with the running
  • Title Nine Sports has a huge selection of sports bras for the well-endowed. Changed my life.
  • kspoon5
    kspoon5 Posts: 239 Member
    I just recently bought a sports bra - moving comfort maia with under-wire - I am an 36E so I too have issues finding support. I got mine from amazon.
  • Rhami1
    Rhami1 Posts: 23
    I have no answers for you, but will be watching this thread...lets just say my girls are a "little" farther along in the alphabet than most... :ohwell:
  • k9runner1963
    k9runner1963 Posts: 108 Member
    Some running stores also sell and fit sports bras.
  • nmb0717
    nmb0717 Posts: 130 Member
    I was actually just talking about this before Zumba class the other night with some other girls. I feel your pain. I'm doing 30DS and the jumping jacks and jump rope portions are killing me. I feel like I have to hold them down just to be able to jump around. It's not working for me!

I went into ****'s last weekend and tried on an Under Armor bra ($67!) for high intensity exercise but even that didn't work. I tried on a few other but either they were too tight and I couldn't get them on or they didn't provide enough stability. If I'm going to spend $60 on a sports bra, I better not be moving in it!

Don't really have much advice but I appreciate you posting the question and will certainly be following the thread to see if others offer any useful tips.
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    I run a lot and have varying degrees of jog bras. The ones that aren't as supportive, I augment with another bra. (I wish I could just go out and buy a bunch of them, but the good ones are really expensive. so I am slowly replacing the less supportive ones.)

I find the double bra method works just fine. Good luck!
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    I invested in a sports bra frm 'Shock Absorber' - gotta love the name :laugh:
    Totally feel 'strapped'

This - the high level Shock Absorber works perfectly on my F cups.
  • I have no answers for you, but will be watching this thread...lets just say my girls are a "little" farther along in the alphabet than most... :ohwell:

I can resemble that remark!
  • kateopotato
    kateopotato Posts: 215 Member
    Not sure how large you are talking, but I am rather top heavy (36DD currently) and was able to fit into a Tata tamer bra from lululemon. I love it and feel it was worth the investment! I don't know how large they go though.
  • HIND sports bra changed my life!
  • lastchance2010
    lastchance2010 Posts: 494 Member
    Ah yes...I just wear an old bra with a sports bra over it or an old bra with a tank that has the "bra" built in. It seems to work pretty well. I still got that lil shake, but I'm ok with that. :blushing: good luck. I have been jogging and I use that term loosely...more jog than walk on most days and I LOVE IT!! :love:
  • redlion45
    redlion45 Posts: 155 Member
    Spring is here and I'm considering adding jogging to my exercise routine. The problem is that I am very large breasted and the girls just don't like to stay in place. Surely there must be other large breasted women who run/jog that have found ways to keep the breasts from giving them black eyes.

On a side note, I am not looking for volunteers to hold them down. :laugh: :tongue:

Sorry, that was my only helpful idea. :sad: LOL!
  • Bump! Thanks for all the info... I have the same problem.
  • Vonnie2006
    Vonnie2006 Posts: 246 Member
    I don't run but I purchased a bra from Title Nine, Donna Karan. Trust me your ladies won't go ANYWHERE in that thing. I'm large breasted and it holds like nobody's business and is super comfortable.
  • I bought a moving comfort Juno bra. I got it off of amazon because some of the colors are cheaper on there than other places. It works really well for my D's. I've been thrilled with it.
  • brandipoo
    brandipoo Posts: 58 Member
    I wear two :(
  • london_running
    london_running Posts: 7 Member
    Thirding the Shock Absorbers. I did jumping jacks in the dressing room, and my boobs didn't move at all. Running Couch to 5k has been absolutely fantastic with it.