How to reduce carbs?

Options
willis84
willis84 Posts: 86 Member
I want to reduce my carb intake, should I be reducing carbs completely(because cards are in everything) or should I be reducing simple carbs( bread, pasta, potatoes)?
I read to eat no more than 0.5 your weight in carbs
I haven't been losing any weight and I've been excercising/ eating healthy since April 7.

Replies

• chrisb75
    chrisb75 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Just a quick look at your diary shows you aren't eating enough calories, and you are not consistent in your food intake. I have been posting this all over the place:

Here is what you need to do:

Go to http://fat2fitradio.com/tools
    1) Calculate YOUR body fat % using the miltary tool
    2) Calculate your Goal Weight
    3) Calculate your BMR and the TDEE for the GOAL WEIGHT you wish to be
    4) Eat the Calories recommended based on your activity level (light to moderate) and NET no lower than your BMR
    5) Do strength training 3 days a week, walk 5 days a week.
    6) IGNORE THE SCALE

Watch the inches melt from your waist as you lose fat and gain lean muscle.

PM me if you want help. :)
  • willis84
    Options
    Thank you sooo much!!!!! I should be eating 2128cal/day to reach my goal weight of 125!!!
    Should I then subtract 500 from that as my defict and eat that much?
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    If you want to reduce carbs, cut added sugar and eat less grains, especially those made with flour (pasta, bread, etc.). Focus on getting the most out of your carb foods. Eat whole grains like brown rice, quinoa, oats, etc. that have more nutrients and fiber.

There is no guarantee that eating less carbs will make lose weight if your calorie count stays the same though.
  • chrisb75
    chrisb75 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    If you are using your goal weight calories (from the fat2fit calculator). The deficit is built in. You are eating maintenance calories from your goal weight. As you get closer to your goal weight the weight drop will get slower and slower. This is normal. This SHOULD be your daily calories for the rest of your life if you want to stay at 125.
  • willis84
    Options
    So why are the numbers mfp spits out so much of a difference than fat2fit?
    Mfp says I need to eat 1380 to lose weight at my current level of activity. Where as fat2fit says I need to eat 2131
  • willis84
    Options
    One other question. Since u say that f2f has already included my deficit into my goal weight calories (2132). When I burn 500 from excercise, should I eat those calories back to get up to 2132 again? Or just eat my goal weight calories and what ever I burn from excercise, leave it at that? I average burning 500 at the gym a day