Fed up of working out hard but not seeing any weight loss?

Options
(taken from mfp/fb)

"I read posts from people getting discouraged about working out, eating right, but not seeing the scale budge. The scale can be deceiving if you are actively exercising. Your muscles are getting stronger, you are getting trimmer, but the actual "weight" stays the same. This is why! Muscle is denser than fat. Don't get discouraged! You ARE making progress!"

374973_328389790550549_312301218826073_947918_1968499702_n.jpg

Replies

• CrazyGraciegirl
    Options
    great way to look at it. xx
  • stroken96
    stroken96 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Right! Don't get discouraged over a number on a scale, especially when you can see/feel your body changing! Take pictures and measurements!!!!!!
  • scorpiorlr
    scorpiorlr Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Wow that is a great visual
  • Gloria415
    Gloria415 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the pix. I really needed that today. I am one of the many people getting discouraged because I don't see the numbers drop but after this pix I don't really care as long as I start shrinking..LOL! Thanks.
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    When in doubt... Measure yourself!!

You would be surprised if the scale hasn't moved but the inches are coming off.. you are doing things right!! :)
  • mummma
    mummma Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    great post x
  • Flossykirk
    Flossykirk Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I needed this. My numbers don't move very quickly but I am still shrinking! Measuring is the only way I can see progress the past 3 months!!
    Thanks for the reminder!!
  • SlinkyNewMe
    SlinkyNewMe Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    "Like" button!
  • suzclark66
    suzclark66 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Wow! I needed that one! People keep telling me I look smaller and I keep telling them I've actually been gaining weight! Thanks for putting it in perspective for me! There have been times I wanted to give up because of it!
  • BeingWiser
    Options
    LOVE THIS!!
  • YummyTpn
    YummyTpn Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Wow, that really puts it into perspective, thank you for the great visual!
  • KatrinaG2012
    KatrinaG2012 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    bump
  • btwestra
    btwestra Posts: 6
    Options
    thanks for the post...burn the fat!
  • kmkizziar
    kmkizziar Posts: 11
    Options
    So what do you do if you are working hard, consistantly coming in under your calorie goal but still not seeing a difference, scale, mirror or inches? This is what I find discouraging...
    :sad:
  • Gwenski
    Gwenski Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! Finally, a visual to help explain that fat takes up more space than muscle of the same weight... which is what people mean when they incorrectly say "muscle weighs more than fat"
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,798 Member
    Options
    yep..my numbers have been staying the same, and with that, i get annoyed..i wish i had actively measured my inches, but i didnt, but all i know is i can fit into a size 6/8 pant..its true, this pic:drinker:
  • tinam76
    tinam76 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    i needed to see this today because it was my weigh in day i am only 2 weeks in first week 5 pound loss today 2 pounds going to buy measuring tape. thanks
  • Charisse1011
    Charisse1011 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I totally agree,the scale is your worst enemy.....measure yourself, let your clothes be the judge....:wink:
  • kurenaikumo
    kurenaikumo Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    That scale on the left makes me want to vomit....