I should be happy with my results so far...

Options
But I'm not. This is going to get a little whiny, please don't kill me.

I started 30DayShred on the 15th. I just completed level 1 and went over my measurements. I didn't eat according to the plan as I've been trying to up my calories to repair my system from prolonged VLCD and Jillian wants you to eat maybe 1200 cals a day and not eat back calories.

I also didn't exercise additionally outside of the first level and I think I was one of the only people who didn't. Well, I had a 3.5mile walk one day, but that wasn't planned. lol.

Here are my changes so far:

Changes after Level 1

Weight: 255 ---> 250.5 (-4.5 lbs)

Bust: 41.5 ---> 39 (-2.5in)
Waist: 41 ---> 40 (-1in)
Hips: 50 ---> 49 (-1in)
L.Thigh: 27.5 ---> 26 (-1.5in)
R. Thigh: 26.5 ---> 25.75 (-.75in)
L.Arm: 14.5 ---> 13.75 (-.75in)
R.Arm: 14.5 ---> 13.75 (-.75in)

Unless my math sucks, I've lost 4.5lbs and 8.25 inches in 10 days. I should be happy, right?

I can't shake this feeling that I didn't do my best and I'm going to fail now because I haven't lost as much as I thought I should have. Starting tomorrow, I want to up my workouts even more. I'm hoping someone has been in this situation with the program and can advise me on what they did-- or know of a way to supplement the current workouts with either more weight training (which I would love) or cardio options.

I'm going to keep going with it-- I just don't know how to kick it up a notch.

Any advice or input is super appreciated. Thanks

Replies

• myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Unless my math sucks, I've lost 4.5lbs and 8.25 inches in 10 days. I should be happy, right?

Honestly? Truly? You should be THRILLED. Any weight loss over 2 pounds a week is very fast, especially if it's not "initial" weight loss (and since you've already lost a lot - congratulations on that by the way - your pace is impressive). That was a great job, and you should keep it up exactly the way you are doing it, especially if you're not feeling hungry all the time and you're energetic enough to be doing something as intense as a shred.

Now, having said that, a little strength training never hurt anyone. It'll build some muscle, which will keep burning calories, and it'll tone and tighten so you'll start losing inches (if not weight) even faster.

But, YOU ARE NOT FAILING!!! Don't give up, you're doing brilliantly!
  • FitBlitz
    FitBlitz Posts: 146
    Options
    Now, having said that, a little strength training never hurt anyone. It'll build some muscle, which will keep burning calories, and it'll tone and tighten so you'll start losing inches (if not weight) even faster.

Thank you very much. I know in the back of my head, I'm being silly about it, but that doesn't make me feel any better. lol

I've been slowly working my calorie intake, as I was eating far too little before. Bit of repair to be done, but I'm not hungry (other than when it's time to eat) and I managed to do the first level of the shred using 10lb weights. I'd love to get something heavier though.

As of lifting, I started reading New Rules of Lifting for Women-- hoping to start, but I'm wondering if I'm still too fat to do heavy weights. lol

Either way, thank you again for the kind words. It means a lot to me. :)
  • duhblond
    duhblond Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Those are fantastic results.
    Good for you for working so hard.
    I hope in a bit you will be able to look at your results and be very proud of yourself :)
    Best of luck with your continued progress.
  • FitBlitz
    FitBlitz Posts: 146
    Options
    Those are fantastic results.
    Good for you for working so hard.
    I hope in a bit you will be able to look at your results and be very proud of yourself :)
    Best of luck with your continued progress.

Thanks so much. :) Gonna keep reading and see what I can do.
  • miss_devon
    miss_devon Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I think that's awesome!
  • Meaganandcheese
    Meaganandcheese Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Those are great results!! Losing weight doesn't happen overnight, but you still got really fast, noticable results!

Whever you get upset about a loss, ask yourself if you'd rather have gained it.