sandwiches

Options
what kind of things do you put on your sandwiches?

Replies

• kitinboots
    kitinboots Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    A big ol' piece of ham, a little blue cheese.
    Cucumber and tuna.
    Prawns and a little aioli.
    Shredded roast chicken with avocado.
    Tomato and mozzarella.

I'm a big fan of open sandwiches.
  • oldmanstauf
    oldmanstauf Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Pretty much anything. Tomatoes, onions, olives, banana peppers, jalapenos (fresh-no heat from the pickled variety). Oil and vinegar sometimes.
  • bmkx0
    bmkx0 Posts: 308
    Options
    thanks all :) im trying to change up how i make mine. thanks for the ideas !
  • chrisb75
    chrisb75 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    My new favorite is Turkey, Swiss, Spinach, Avocado. Avocado instead of mayonnaise is FANTASTIC :)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Most of my sandwiches are wraps. I usually start with 1 - 1.5 cups of chopped greens (kale or collards usually), a protein (usually leftover fish or chicken, canned tuna or hummus) and add and/all of the following - onions, cucumber, shredded carrots, sliced radish, tomato, jarred jalapeno or banana peppers, fresh herbs, reduced fat cheese. Then I usually make a dressing of vinegar, mustard, olive oil and Mrs. Dash garlic & herb seasoning. I mix up the mustard and vinegar flavors and sometimes add hot sauce. I don't usually put any dressing on if it's a hummus wrap.
  • bmkx0
    bmkx0 Posts: 308
    Options
    My new favorite is Turkey, Swiss, Spinach, Avocado. Avocado instead of mayonnaise is FANTASTIC :)

i really wanna try avocado on my sandwiches but it sounds so weird! i think ill try it anyway lol
  • chrisb75
    chrisb75 Posts: 395 Member
    Options

i really wanna try avocado on my sandwiches but it sounds so weird! i think ill try it anyway lol

Its SOOOO good. :)
  • ksanterre12
    Options

If you don't have an aversion to black pepper this sandwich is amazing with black pepper turkey (keeping all the other ingredients the same). So good!
  • kitinboots
    kitinboots Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Also, some people use light margerine or mayonnaise on their bread but I find viniagrette is a great low calorie alternative.
  • dandybug
    dandybug Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been into taking a whole wheat wrap and smearing it with a tablespoon of sugar free apricot jam, then a few slices of turkey, and a piece of Kraft fat free swiss cheese. Roll it all up then devour!!
  • phoenix8633
    phoenix8633 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Tuna and cucumber
    Mackerel and cucumber
    Ham and tomato sometimes
  • clairegogogo
    Options
    Turkey breast, lettuce, tomatoes, american cheese and honey mustard. Very plain but I love this combination.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Tuna, peanut butter or turkey. Have been trying to stay away from bread. UGGGGGG
  • trinoc
    trinoc Posts: 73
    Options
    Avocado is amazing on sandwiches! You won't be disappointed.

I like flatbreads. I do avocado, lettuce, tomato, spinach, jalapenos, black olives, bean sprouts, red onion. Sometimes w/ pepper jack or swiss cheese...sometimes no cheese. YUM
  • eriemer
    eriemer Posts: 197
    Options
    It depends. If it is turkey...sometimes mustard
    If I feel like having a veggie burger, lettice, tomato, onion, pickle, bacon, ketsup, bbq sauce, dash salt, mustard
    On my subsandwhiches Lettice, Tom, Light Mayo, Fat free thousand island

I can eat my sammies with mayo, lettice, tomato or just meat and bread. The only thing I don't like on a sammie is cheese.
  • ingalynn
    ingalynn Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Avocado is a good mayonnaise substitute! So is hummus!
  • dvisser1
    dvisser1 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    ham, lettuce & tomato with only a little mustard on a kaiser roll

bacon, lettuce, tomato on toasted sourdough with some mayo (drool.....)

pita pocket with hummus, tomato, red onion (raw or sauted / caramelized), slices of red bell pepper and possibly some cucumber.... makes a nice light and refreshing sandwich for lunch in the summer heat.