Best part of being more fit/slim?

Options
There are so many great things that come with losing extra weight. For me, walking around in the Texas heat in the summer and not being soaked in sweat or panting was a huge relief, and was quite noticeable. Being able to dance again, not getting too tired to move or worrying about fat juicy love handles bouncing around over my jeans.

But! (And ladies you know what I'm talking about here) The real kicker was going shopping for clothes. After living most of my adult life dreading buying new clothes, crying in fitting rooms, squeezing into tight clothes and hoping they'd loosen up, I finally had the experience you see on department store commercials. What? It doesn't fit? BRING ME A SMALLER SIZE *****!

Oh, and wearing shorts in the summer again. I had given up hope of ever doing that again. :heart:

Replies

• Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    I literally haven't worn shorts since I was in junior high and too naive to know I shouldn't wear them... Until now!
  • iam_thatdude
    iam_thatdude Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    my junk looks bigger.
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    the less I weigh

the less i suffer from chronic lower back pain
  • FreeThotStrm
    Options
    my junk looks bigger.

My tits got smaller. You win.
  • jatiger83
    jatiger83 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I can wear sexy bras again! No more Lane Bryant for me! VS here I come...just bought 2 sexy bras last week and boy do they make me feel SEXY!
  • iam_thatdude
    iam_thatdude Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    my junk looks bigger.

yeah, but I said it only looks bigger.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Im enjoying the shopping too. I keep saying Im not going to buy much because I still have a decent amount to go... but its so cool to be able to just go in and grab something and it fits. I couldnt even shop in stores before. I had to order online. I have a shirt on that I found in the juniors department. What the what!??

My favorite part though is that Im not a couch parent anymore. I spent my kids entire lives parenting from infront of the tv. I just couldnt do much. And I wasnt happy. I out run them now. Its made me and them much happier.
  • FreeThotStrm
    Options
    I can wear sexy bras again! No more Lane Bryant for me! VS here I come...just bought 2 sexy bras last week and boy do they make me feel SEXY!

OMG YES. Half cups, how I have missed thee.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    The look on her face when you pick her up and keep your rhythm
  • ChristiH4000
    ChristiH4000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I still hate my legs and am waiting for the point where I feel like these pale white stems are acceptable for public viewing in shorts. My favorites are not shopping in the plus size section anymore and not constantly underestimating my width and bumping into everything. I'm still a clumsy arss most of the time, but that is just me not my width.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Nope, that's a pretty high high, but for me it's the sex. Sex is so much better now that my hubs and I are more in shape . . . sooooo much better.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    The look on her face when you pick her up and keep your rhythm

any day of the week, and twice on sundays
  • cristileigh
    cristileigh Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    my junk looks bigger.

HAHAHA!! Wow!
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I actually bought my first pair of gym shorts this past friday!! pretty excited and I felt great wearing them too. I haven't worn reg shorts in prob 10 years.

It's weird wearing smalls... I bought two dresses the other day and they were extra smalls. HOLY CRAP. Did i lose that much weight??? Yes, boobs shrunk but I am okay with that because so did everything else:)

Bikini season here I come!!
  • sarvalfon
    sarvalfon Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    my junk looks bigger.

My tits got smaller, and that's a win for me!
  • cristileigh
    cristileigh Posts: 158 Member
    Options

OMG YES. Half cups, how I have missed thee.

I can't WAIT until I can wear a bra and it isn't squeezing me to death..
  • TheirEllie82
    TheirEllie82 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Not having all my underwear turn into thongs
    Fitting on the kiddie rides with my son
  • hoosier_red
    Options
    I just spent three hours cleaning/dusting/deodorizing the ground floor (including scrubbing out a cat box and cage tray, spot shampooing a carpet and cleaning a bathroom), and I don't want to collapse in an exhausted ball! Hell, I may clean upstairs this afternoon, who knows?
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    there are so many things that are better now. For one being able to do things with my kids like bike riding. The first time I went bike riding with my youngest daughter she said " You losing weight is the best thing that has ever happened to our family "
  • lovemonkey143j
    Options
    while I have no comment yet this post is making me giggle!!!!!