When do you weigh yourself?

Options
At almost 330Ibs, it is unnecessary to state that I hate weighing myself. But to keep track of my gains/losses, I do know that it is necessary to do. My question is how often do you weigh yourself? I do my official weigh-ins on Mondays. I weigh in at work, usually in the morning, because the school has a scale that goes up to my weight accurately. I know that this is generally after I have eaten breakfast and had coffee. My issue is, that I am beginning to want to weigh myself everyday and the number keeps fluctuating up and down and it is driving me crazy! Should I stick to once a week?

Replies

• sevencallmemom
    sevencallmemom Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    There are times that I weigh daily because if I didn't give myself that daily reality check, I'd eat stupid things.

There are other times where I have to ask my husband to hide the scale because I don't want to eat enough because of what the scale said...and *I KNOW* that weight fluctuates daily depending on a hundred different things...but sometimes my head is in the wrong place and none of that matters.

I think once a week is good if you don't need that daily accountability.
  • caseyann20032003
    caseyann20032003 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    What I do and you might try it youself is buy a good scale for home and weigh yourself in the morning....before breakfast. Only once a week is what I do unless like the above poster said I am thinking I will overeat, I may do it daily....I do this in the morning before food because I really think food, clothing, shoes all that can certainly change that number...good luck to you :) I started around where you are about two months ago and am down 35 pounds now... :)
  • mpizzle421
    mpizzle421 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Sevencallmemom...

The sweat-stain on your shirt almost resembles the Wu-Tang logo :)

Impressive!
  • phoenix8633
    phoenix8633 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I don't weigh myself I measure myself every month the week after my time of month so it gives chance for the bloating to settle
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    I weigh myself on Fridays, always in the morning before I eat or drink anything. I don't weigh myself on Mondays, because I tend to eat out and drink alcohol on Saturday and sometimes Sunday. The sodium and alcohol usually cause me to retain water. I usually weigh a lb or 2 more for a day or so, even though I've stayed within my calories. Plus, I work out almost every day and am pretty dedicated to healthier eating during the week. The results tend to show by week end.
  • MissCheese
    MissCheese Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Every morning before breakfast and evacuating my bowels without fail!

Officially record it every Monday.
  • Squeezalsize10
    Options
    Every morning before breakfast and evacuating my bowels without fail!

Officially record it every Monday.

Yeah i do that too...lol.
  • loseiteli
    loseiteli Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself on Fridays, always in the morning before I eat or drink anything. I don't weigh myself on Mondays, because I tend to eat out

I do this too
  • sevencallmemom
    sevencallmemom Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Sevencallmemom...

The sweat-stain on your shirt almost resembles the Wu-Tang logo :)

Impressive!

LOL I totally had to google that.

Evidently, my 5K was cooler than I gave it credit for. ;)
  • LilynEdensmom
    LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Officially once a week..But every morning just to keep myself on track.
  • 7funnygirl7
    7funnygirl7 Posts: 1,176
    Options
    I weigh in once a week (every Friday). I also weigh daily just for fun and also for the reality check! Good Luck :smile:
  • des02_
    des02_ Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning.
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Whenever I remember.

I don't go by the numbers too much, except for reference now and then. I prefer to go by how I feel.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Saturday mornings. I only weigh in on days when I've had the opportunity to sleep in a bit, and when I haven't had any form of cheat meals within the past 3 days, first thing in the morning. Having to wake up early by alarm clock after not getting a lot of sleep can make the numbers the scale tells you inconsistent, I've noticed, as does eating any form if processed or high sodium foods within the past 72 hours.
  • lynniesue42
    Options
    I weigh myself daily because that's what works for me, but every person is different. For me the daly weigh in does two things...1. it keeps me honest and gives me a reality check if I need it and 2. it motivates me when I see a loss, no matter how small
  • LittleMissRebel
    Options
    I weigh myself about 2-3 times a day. I'm still a little neurotic when it comes to the number on the scale.
  • comet_wow
    comet_wow Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself on a Saturday morning as soon as I get up. I do it on Saturday as I don't work on Fridays and this was my danger day. Knowing I'm weighing myself the following day kind of helps keep me on track.
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Every two weeks.
  • martyv73
    martyv73 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    i weigh in every morning. my official weigh-in day is tuesday :)
  • kristyjoy16
    Options
    Once a week on Saturday morning.