WEIRD WEIGHT GAIN, help and answers PLEASE.

Options
I'm a little puzzled. On wednesday my husband and I climbed Mount Taranaki, New Zealand. It was a HUGE accomplisment for me, I have been working towards it for a long time and I 'knocked the b****d off'!!!!!! Anyways, I worked out that i probably consummed approx 2500 calories that day, and I'm sure i would've burnt more than that as it's a 5 hour solid climb to the top then 3 hours of intense downhill after that. Thursday I was back to my 1200 calories and as I was a little to sore to exercise I didn't eat any more than that. This morning I hop on the scale and, HELP, my weight is up by THREE pounds!!
Can anyone tell me why?

Replies

• jasperann
    jasperann Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Your muscles are probably holding some water weight from your climb. It needs it to repair itself. I am always heavier the day after my bootcamp days, then it goes away after a day.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Soreness = inflammation = retained fluid = temporary weight gain.

I'm up four pounds from strength training hard yesterday.
  • jennafluff
    Options
    Okay, I'm starting to feel a little better - kinda depressing when you expect a drop on the scales and it's WAY the other way!!!!
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    muscles are strange that way. but in order to repair, they need lots of protein and proper hydration.