Best protein powder?

Options
Which brands have the highest protein per serving? What flavors taste best? Are protein shakes worth it?
I do strength training about 4x a week 20-30 minutes at a time.
With what I'm eating now, I don't usually meet my protein needs without going over my calories/fat.

Replies

• SlimSammy2012
    Options
    Check out Visalus Soy Protein drink....Go to Visalus.com
  • Fit_Canuck
    Fit_Canuck Posts: 788 Member
    Options

You're joking...right?
  • Foxefabuluz
    Foxefabuluz Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lorraine311
    lorraine311 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    ViSalus Body by Vi!!
  • SlimSammy2012
    Options

You're joking...right?

why would you ask that? I have had great success with it..I don't even sell it...
  • Fit_Canuck
    Options
    Wow the Visalus sales people are out in full force today, must be end of the month quota time.
  • SlimSammy2012
    Options
    ViSalus Body by Vi!!

Lend me some support... :)
  • lorraine311
    Options
    I started as a customer and had great success!!!
  • EPhinn
    EPhinn Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I use protein shakes on the days I don't meet my protein needs. I use Jillian Michael's Whey Protein. It's not super high in protein, only 15g per scoop, I believe, but it tastes good. I'm not able to do soy because of the estrogenic properties. I'm very sensitive to estrogen, and it wreaks havoc on my liver.
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I'm still researching what is best but I use Body Fortress. You can get it at Meijer and Kroger. Has some sucralose which I don't like but its low in carbs and 30g protein per scoop. I have the vanilla Creme and its ok with water but better with skim milk. I'll be trying it with almond milk later today.
  • beganwalsh
    beganwalsh Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am pretty happy with Trader Joe's Protein Powder mix. I buy the chocolate and typically mix it w/ cold water. If I need more fuel I'll mix it w/ skim milk.
  • lorraine311
    Options
    No trying to sell. It's a wonderful product!
  • mrswright71
    Options
    I use the BSN Lean Dessert Protein powder. I mix it with almond milk and I LOVE it. I get the whipped vanilla, but they have lots of flavors. I suggest looking at that line! :)
  • SlimSammy2012
    Options
    Wow the Visalus sales people are out in full force today, must be end of the month quota time.

<~~~~~~Again, I don't sell it. I don't do that....I use the product because it works for me...

I should of know a Canuck fan would be so negative. I would be to if my team won the Presidents trophy two years running and nothing to show for it. Go Blackhawks!! We got the cup in 2010-2011.
  • bobghenghiskhan
    Options
    Trutein has the best flavors and it's a great combo of egg, casein, and whey protein. the Cinnabun flavor is unreal, like eating a real cinnamon bun!
  • Fit_Canuck
    Options
    I love GNC ISO Burst - almost 22g of protein per scoop, dissolves well and tastes great especially the chocolate and also the Raspberry Swirl one.
  • cerixon
    cerixon Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I use the Jillian Michaels Whey protein also. It doesn't have the most protein (15g/scoop), but it tastes great!
  • Fit_Canuck
    Options

<~~~~~~Again, I don't sell it. I don't do that....I use the product because it works for me...

I should of know a Canuck fan would be so negative. I would be to if my team won the Presidents trophy two years running and nothing to show for it. Go Blackhawks!! We got the cup in 2010-2011.

Swing and a Miss - Canuck in this case means Fit_Canadian , not the hockey team :)
  • brendanstallard
    brendanstallard Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Ryn,

This one will run and run, but for highest protein/lowest carb/easiest mix/decent taste I think you'll find Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard is the best. I like the double rich chocolate, mixed with 1/2 almond milk and water.

This is an Amazon link for what I get, but I'm not affiliated with either Amazon or OM, I just use 'em.

http://amzn.to/IkCbMO

There's a lot of total phooey out there, and some are very expensive indeed.

brendan
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I <3 GNC Pro Performance 100% whey Cookies and Cream - YUMMY! It might be expensive but so well worth it if it makes me smile every morning