progress so far! 215 to 166

Options
rugbyphreak
rugbyphreak Posts: 509 Member
I'm still not quite there, but I've come so far that I figure I should post this to make a point that anyone can do it. I would love to lose another 15-20 pounds/ 5% more in body fat and build some muscle. If anyone has any suggestions on how to achieve this, they would be highly appreciated. I seem to be stuck lately. :(

2z7pt7b.jpg

Let's hope this picture post thing works!

Replies

• DominiqueSmall
    DominiqueSmall Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job! Keep up the great work!
  • Elizabeth_M
    Elizabeth_M Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!! You are looking fabulous!
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Nice loss! Congratulations!
  • G5beauty
    G5beauty Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Great job! Our start weight is pretty close. What did u do? How many calories did you eat , how much exercise are you doing? Im just starting out. Want to make sure im on the right track.

Keep up the good work;)
  • rugbyphreak
    Options
    I eat between 1200 and 1400 calories a day before adding my exercise calories in. I try to eat back as many of my exercise calories as possible, but sometimes I'm just too full. I do cardio 5-6 days a week, moderately heavy weights 3 days a week, and stretching, ab work, and push ups everyday.

I only eat meat 3-4 days a year, so that probably has something to do with it.

The most important tips I can give are to never deny yourself something that you're craving. If you want that cookie, have one, just don't eat the entire box. And don't give up. I've been stuck at 166 for 2 months, but I know that as soon as I "give up", the game is over and I've lost. As long as you stick with it, you're winning.
  • Kayley
    Kayley Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    What a difference! You look really good~ :flowerforyou:
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Wow!!!! Sorry to be all pervy but how did u lode everywhere but your boobs!???! You look awesome girl!!!!
  • cbl40
    cbl40 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Great work! Keep it up!
  • G5beauty
    G5beauty Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much! This really helps. I appreciate the encouragement! I wont give up:)
  • cat50cando
    cat50cando Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Wow, congrats on all the hard work : )
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Wow!!!! Sorry to be all pervy but how did u lode everywhere but your boobs!???! You look awesome girl!!!!
    [/quote
    Lose not lode!!!!!^^^^^^^
  • rugbyphreak
    Options

HAH! Not pervy at all. My bra size went from a 40DD to a 34/36DDD, so I don't know if they actually grew or the muscle I'm building from all the pushups is pushing them out or if I was just wearing the wrong bra size, but now I'm up a cup size. I really hope they decide to leave soon. I'm starting to look really disproportionate...
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • sma83
    sma83 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    You look great! I wish I had your legs! lol I started at 285, am currently at 247. I get discouraged sometimes but I try to focus on how far Ive come instead of how far I still have to go. I cant wait til its my turn to post of up progress pics! lol
  • cnkorthanke
    Options
    Hey great job, girl! You're rocking it! Something that I've read from people who have great results is that women shouldn't be afraid to lift weights and do weight training. Some women are afraid of bulking up, but women don't build muscle like guys, so it should help you burn more calories after you leave the gym and build some muscle. Also, make sure you're switching it up so your body doesn't get too used to the same routine. Even if that means getting a bike to ride this summer or joining some different classes. You look great, keep up the good work!
  • rugbyphreak
    Options
    Hey great job, girl! You're rocking it! Something that I've read from people who have great results is that women shouldn't be afraid to lift weights and do weight training. Some women are afraid of bulking up, but women don't build muscle like guys, so it should help you burn more calories after you leave the gym and build some muscle. Also, make sure you're switching it up so your body doesn't get too used to the same routine. Even if that means getting a bike to ride this summer or joining some different classes. You look great, keep up the good work!

I lift weights 3 days a week and always alternate those so I don't build up too much of a routine. I get bored and my muscles don't grow if I do the same thing every day. I have been looking into dance classes though. I've always wanted to learn some sort of dance, but I have no rhythm and am super self conscious... :(
  • PtownKween
    PtownKween Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    If you don't eat meat, im guessing you don't eat eggs either and that is fine. but if you want muscle, you must must must must eat protein. So you'll have to go buy whey protein shakes from GNC. They have so many flavors and brands. Try to find one with more than 20g or protein per serving and less than 130 calories per serving. Protein feeds your muscles, so you have have protein. Have you done any lifting at all? A lot of women just do cardio and skip the weights bc they feel they will bulk. In order to bulk, a woman would have to increase her protein intake by like 5 times that amount. Lifting weights and comsuming enough protein makes your muscles burn the fat right off of your bones. You would have to reallllly over do it to get bulky. Weights are a must to burn fat. When you don't lift, and all you do is cardio, you end up with a flat chest and flab. (unless you are extremely obese, then you'd have lose skin either way) Just wait, when you start lifting it will be hard at first, but i promise when you go from lifting 10 pounds to 15 or 20 you'll feel amazing!
  • rugbyphreak
    Options
    If you don't eat meat, im guessing you don't eat eggs either and that is fine. but if you want muscle, you must must must must eat protein. So you'll have to go buy whey protein shakes from GNC. They have so many flavors and brands. Try to find one with more than 20g or protein per serving and less than 130 calories per serving. Protein feeds your muscles, so you have have protein. Have you done any lifting at all? A lot of women just do cardio and skip the weights bc they feel they will bulk. In order to bulk, a woman would have to increase her protein intake by like 5 times that amount. Lifting weights and comsuming enough protein makes your muscles burn the fat right off of your bones. You would have to reallllly over do it to get bulky. Weights are a must to burn fat. When you don't lift, and all you do is cardio, you end up with a flat chest and flab. (unless you are extremely obese, then you'd have lose skin either way) Just wait, when you start lifting it will be hard at first, but i promise when you go from lifting 10 pounds to 15 or 20 you'll feel amazing!

I do lift 3 days a week, but I agree with the protein thing. I'm under my protein everyday. :( I play rugby though, so looking cut really isn't my goal. I just want to be stronger and faster for my team.
  • monstergirl14
    monstergirl14 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    You always need protein to build muscle. If you're vegetarian (which I'll just assume seeing as how you barely eat meat) then you must find another source, i.e. protein. And it must be compound weights, such as deadlifts, try to avoid machines. Machines put stress on your joints and there's no such thing as targeting muscles.
  • omg great job
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!