Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

30 day shredders...when did the pain stop...

I'm on day 2 and my thighs and butt are killing me! Stairs are NOT my friend at the moment :sad: They were sore this morning after doing day 1 yesterday but I sucked it up and did the video again today. For the most part i can make it through the video with only a few pauses of 5 seconds so (the jump rope bothers my knees a bit) but I think i'm doing pretty good. Just wondering how many days in until the muscles stop screaming at me afterwards, lol.

Replies

• lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 2,951 Member
    for me it lasted 3-4 days if i remember correctly. I pushed through it and kept exercising...
  • AshCakes88
    AshCakes88 Posts: 123 Member
    I just finished day 2 today and I have wobbly legs still. I've heard after 3 or 4 days it starts to get better
  • googsgirl
    googsgirl Posts: 76 Member
    By day three I was fine, but I hear your pain!
    I am on day 2 of No More Trouble Zones and am doing it with 8 pounds weights and I am DYING! ( In a good way...)

JM knows how to kick your butt, but hang in there, it is totally worth it!!
  • beckers80
    beckers80 Posts: 133 Member
    Do you want out the next day even when sore. When do your recover?
  • 3 or 4 days. The first few were really bad in legs and arms. I started level two today (11 days). Don't feel too bad anymore. Several days I couldn't finish the jump rope or jump jacks. I still hate jump rope but I can do all jump jacks.

Hang in there.
  • AScarbrough19
    AScarbrough19 Posts: 124 Member
    I just ordered the dvd and am anxiously waiting for it to arrive. I dont know anything about it. I only have 3 & 5lb weights. Are there other things taht you need to follow along?
  • Ttopeka
    Ttopeka Posts: 151 Member
    I think Day 3 was the worst for me.

Make sure you stretch more before/after the work out -- her cool down stretches are not nearly long enough. My muscles felt a lot better when I started stretching more.
  • Ttopeka
    Ttopeka Posts: 151 Member
    I just ordered the dvd and am anxiously waiting for it to arrive. I dont know anything about it. I only have 3 & 5lb weights. Are there other things taht you need to follow along?

A yoga mat, if you have hardwood floors. I do it on my carpet just fine.

Otherwise, nope! The weights you have are fine.
  • AScarbrough19
    AScarbrough19 Posts: 124 Member
    Cant wait - thanks!
  • fruitloop2
    fruitloop2 Posts: 437 Member
    I'm going to stick with it although I might take the weekends off as a rest period. I haven't decided yet. I'm still using my treadmill too so getting in lots of caret and my body will need a bit of a break. When do you move to level 2? Does it have to be after the 10 days of level 1 or is it more when you're comfortable moving to the next level?
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    I took a rest day after Day 2 and before going on to Day 3. After that the pain lessened.

Actually Jillian recommends that you do 2 days shred, then 1 day cardio of your choice, then 2 days shred, 1 day cardio, then 1 rest day.

Some do just do it straight with no breaks, but your muscles do need repair time.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    I was so sore after the first day that I took three days off to recover. We're talking pain going up or down stairs, sitting down or getting up, climbing in and out of our truck - it was beyond basic sore muscles from working out! I remember thinking that if the house caught fire I'd be a gonner because I'd never be able to get out in time! :tongue:

Anyway, once I got through that and started the workout again (with lighter dumbbells!) the soreness wasn't so bad, and I was able to do the workout on a regular basis. If you're super sore, don't be afraid to take a day or two off to let your muscles heal - it will get better!
  • tanyakay87
    tanyakay87 Posts: 223 Member
    Mine took about 4-5 days and now I am fine, even on level 2. Hang in there, you will see results soon and it'll all be worth it ;)