cheese....

Options

Replies

• Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    The only thing I cut out that made a difference....was OVEREATING.

Yup, this is what I aim to do too. Some days I still eat more than I need to, but this happens much more rarely that it used to.
    I can't think of any single food that I have cut out of my diet - I have reduced how many alcoholic drinks I have each week and aim to minimise my intake of chocolate/lollies (my weakness) and have desserts just on special occasions (easier than it sounds as my husband doesn't eat any desserts so we don't have them at home).

Re the Skinny Cow icecreams - try them, lots of people seem to like them - but not me! I've only bought them once and decided that they were wildly overpriced and didn't taste that good. If I want icecream, I'm going to buy a really nice single serve icecream from the deli and enjoy all those calories - I just don't see the point in eating something that (literally) leaves a nasty taste in my mouth.
  • Qatsi
    Qatsi Posts: 2,191 Member
    Options
    The only food I've cut out entirely has been fast food. With everything else I try to practice moderation.
  • prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Good luck. I cut out alcohol,fastfood and eat hardly any bread or potatoes..oh and pizza. definate health benefits not to mention weightloss.
  • myak623
    myak623 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    You're going to cut the cheese on Monday?

I'm cutting the cheese as I type this. I'd explode if I had to wait until Monday.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    cutting calories worked for me
  • CaroSeraMince
    Options
    I don't cut anything. I went to a nutritionist a few years ago before I started losing weight and she chuckled. I have a "near-perfect diet...just for two people." Whoops! So all I did was cut in half, not cut out! The Trader Joe's cheese section still sings its siren song to me and I give in. Life would just NOT be worth living without peppered toscano in it.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    cutting calories worked for me

you're too damn quick Taso!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    But seriously, these two statements:
    I love cheese!!! Starting on Monday I'm going to cut out cheese...
    do not go together, if you ask me. Cut down on cheese, maybe, but why deprive yourself of something you love? I eat cheese just about every day. Maybe try buying some fancy cheese so you only have to eat a little of it?
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I stopped eating PopTarts, but only because I enjoy a bagel with cream cheese or an English Muffin with Nutella a lot more, and both are more filling and less calories than Tarts.

But mostly... the time I wasted playing Farmville before is the time I spend running or lifting weights now.
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I cut out overeating that's it. I cut out NOTHING from my diet. I still eat sugary cereal once or twice a month, I still eat pizza, I still eat chocolate almost every day, I eat cheese, like all the time. I love it too much, it's a nice filling snack in the evening if I'm noshing... :) Only thing I've cut out 'almost' completely is diet soda, mostly water now, with an occasional diet coke, diet dew or dr. pepper 10.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    I love cheese!!! Starting on Monday I'm going to cut out cheese and Mayo.

I was going to cut coffee but.... no!

Has anyone cut out anything that definetly made the difference and helped?

Working up to cutting ice cream!!!

I cut out the extra calories that worked to make me fat. otherwise? nope.
  • gitrdone2012
    Options
    I used to put deli sliced cheese on everything, but I stopped doing that. when I do eat cheese now it's a nice aged cheddar or jarlsberg swiss from a block. I'll have a small few slices of that with some sliced pear or grapes and stone wheat crackers. I've been learning that everything is fine as long as it's in moderation.
  • ccmccoy09
    ccmccoy09 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Alcohol, soda, and wheat.

I have the most reliable results when I cut out alcohol altogether. :sad:

I cut out soda because it just feeds and increases my sweet tooth. I still have one now and then but it's not a regular thing. Also since I'm not drinking 4-5 a day, I don't feel bad about having a soda with cane sugar instead of chemicals.

I cut out wheat when I found out I was allergic to it. It isn't pleasant for anyone when I eat it, so I try to just stay away from it.

I've restricted my eating for a 1-2 weeks (e.g. no dairy, no red meat, 1 serving of grain per day, etc.) and yes, it helps me get past a plateau, but it's ridiculous for me to think that I could permanently eliminate something I love from my diet forever. That kind of thinking (e.g. "I don't eat carbs!") is part of what got me here in the first place.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Why would you cut out cheese? It's got tons of protein and is good for you.

My current favorite cheese is Calkin's Creamery Vampire Slayer Cheese (white cheddar w/ garlic). I usually eat a huge chunk of it for breakfast.
  • AngelAura777
    AngelAura777 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I try to cut out as much processed food as I can and I stick with brown bread but I have reduced my bread intake and replaced it with wholegrain rice. I cut down my cheese ALOT and I replaced it with eating lots of low fat cottage cheese (good for protein intake) I also dont drink any other drink except water or flavoured soy milk on rare occasions. I have also cut out bad fats and replaced them with good fats and I added TONS of protein it keeps you heaps full. I also doubled or even tripled my portions of vegetables. Soft drinks and takeaway make me feel so sick now I physically cant eat junk anymore!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I stopped eating PopTarts, but only because I enjoy a bagel with cream cheese or an English Muffin with Nutella a lot more, and both are more filling and less calories than Tarts.

But mostly... the time I wasted playing Farmville before is the time I spend running or lifting weights now.

what's funny is I only started eating pop tarts since I found MFP :laugh:
  • thomassd1969
    thomassd1969 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I cut out soda and anything with artificial sweetners, it has made a huge difference in the bloated yucky feeling.
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    I LOVE :love: cheese, I've stopped buying blocks of mature chedder though, 'cause if it's there I just pick at it. I have mozzarella and feta now, still have pizza, cheese on pasta, just a heck of a lot less! (I'd grate a huge portion of cheese as I was cooking, pick at it till it was nearly gone then do some more.........)
  • Ravenesque_
    Ravenesque_ Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Ive cut out all meat, fish, alcohol, smoking, soda, most chocolate, ready meals, tea, coffee and fast food.

Cut down on pasta, rice, and especially bread and upped my protein like beans, lentils and quorn.

Upped my water, my walking and my exercise.

Working so far xx
  • xobron
    xobron Posts: 4
    Options
    Cheese is good for you in moderation, there's no reason to cut it out if you love it. It's very low carb. I would focus more on cutting things out that contain high sugar.