200 sit ups challenge

Options
Hey guys

I'm not sure if there is a 200 sit ups challenge about to start? If not, does anyone want to join me?

I was thinking of starting it on 1 May. For those of you that don't know what it is, it's a 6 week training course focusing on core strength. My little girl's 1st birthday party is in 7 weeks and I'm doing abs exercises but I want to up the ante and try this challenge.

Here's a little more about it: http://www.twohundredsitups.com/index.html

Please let me know if you would like to do this with me. I need all the help I can get!! I don't want to have horrible loose skin as a memory when I look back at those 1st birthday pictures. Sounds horribly selfish I know but I want to be able to enjoy my girl's party without wondering if I look horrible in my outfit.

Don't forget to do the inital test so we all know what week we can start at! I managed to do 45 which puts me in average and a start of week 3 ;(

Replies

• mccarol1956
    mccarol1956 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I am thinking I can join you in this challenge. I will talk to my Dr first as I have had 2 back surgeries and continue to have back pain. Very interested though!
  • tanyakay87
    tanyakay87 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I am thinking I can join you in this challenge. I will talk to my Dr first as I have had 2 back surgeries and continue to have back pain. Very interested though!

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that ;( I hope your Doc gives you good news. He may be able to offer you a different kind of sit up instead of the normal crunches?! Let me know, will be very exciting to have you on board!
  • gailoatley
    Options
    I'll give this a go with you, starting on 1 May. I managed 11 so I am poor!
  • jk262
    jk262 Posts: 1,598 Member
    Options
    I'm down, let's do this! When do you want to start?

whoops.. obv may 1. absolutely, I'm in!:bigsmile:
  • tanyakay87
    Options
    I'll give this a go with you, starting on 1 May. I managed 11 so I am poor!

Yay!! Don't stress anyway, when I first tried this a few months ago, I did like 5 and I was dead, hence the reason I didn't carry on with it!! Just think: by the end of 6 weeks, you'll be able to do 200 :D
    I'm down, let's do this! When do you want to start?

whoops.. obv may 1. absolutely, I'm in!
    Awesome!! I'll be starting a group and adding people as and when they want to join us and then come 1 May we can start :)
  • chickiebabe2
    Options
    im keen to join in too, please add me :)
  • pmaxson
    pmaxson Posts: 137
    Options
    I'd like to join!
  • tanyakay87
    Options
    im keen to join in too, please add me :)

Done! Great news, can't wait to start!
    I'd like to join!

Awesome! Thanks for your support!!
  • amortize20
    amortize20 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    sounds good to me :) count me in
  • bubblesburst80
    bubblesburst80 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    i'm in too, i started this a while ago then had internet issues and never got round to picking it up again.
  • caligirl2802
    caligirl2802 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I'm in for sure!!! Please feel free to add me!!
  • Jade17694
    Jade17694 Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I'm joining! Can do 50 atm so would be wicked if i can get it up to 200 :D
  • tanyakay87
    Options
    sounds good to me :) count me in

Awesome! I've just sent the invites out for the group :)
    i'm in too, i started this a while ago then had internet issues and never got round to picking it up again.

Nice! Same with me, although I gave up because I sucked lol.
    I'm in for sure!!! Please feel free to add me!!

Done! Look forward to working out with you :)
    I'm joining! Can do 50 atm so would be wicked if i can get it up to 200 :D

Wow!! Nice work!
  • tanyakay87
    Options
    I've sent an invite out for the group to everyone who has joined up so far - please let me know if you haven't received it!
  • h20fan
    h20fan Posts: 17
    Options
    I would like to join. Yeah!! Six weeks to focus on the loose flabby belly. I will post my starting number. I might take some measurements too just for fun.

Stef
  • x__abbi__x
    x__abbi__x Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    im starting this today :) I did 23 yesterday so im in column 3 lol..... Mums down this weekend so getting her involved too xx
  • dtiff
    dtiff Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I want to do it too. No idea how many I can do but will check when I get home later
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Count me in
  • nikig7
    nikig7 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Please add me as well....I'm nervous because sit ups are not my forte at all!!! But I've looked at the challenge before...just never tried it...maybe it's time to jump in and give it a go!
  • Rabbitfeet
    Rabbitfeet Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I am in! I am just finished my workout for the day so I will do the initial test tomorrow and then get going :)