Ladies? Ever cut your hair short and regretted it?

Options

Replies

• KelseyDawn84
    KelseyDawn84 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I once cut my hair short and loved it. I thought about it and really wanted it and went to a stylist I trusted.

On the other hand, one time I spontaneously cut it short after a break up. Used a random stylist. That was a total regret.
  • najla56
    najla56 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    cut off 25 inches hair last month for the halle berry look, some fly bit me next day and i had a fat lip for a week. i dreaded going out that entire week.... but love it now! its got a little messier, thinking of trimming!
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Do it! I love my hair short. I grew it out for about a year and couldn't stand all the work I was putting into it. Blow drying, straighening, products, blah. So, now I pretty much have a spiky pixie and I LOVE IT!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options

Contrary to popular opinion, I never found a short hair style to be less maintenance. You still have the blow dry, style, and shape it just like long hair. That combined with the trim schedule can make short hair more maintenance than medium to long hair (no ponytails).

If you have curly hair, maybe. Holy crap is my hair easier now! I can put some lotion in it when it's wet, put it into place with my fingers, smooth the edges with a brush and wait for it to dry. Then I mess it up and it's done. If I want it dressier, I do all of that, then add some styling paste for more refined texture.

I used to hide behind my hair my whole life and since my first pixie cut a year ago, I've also had a mohawk, and recently buzzed my head! It's freeing and has actually forced some confidence on me. Oh, I have a genetically round face AND weigh 270 something still.

Just look at Emma Watson for the inbetweens of growing it out. She does some awesome stuff with it!

If anyone is toying with the idea of chopping off their hair that much, they should just DO IT! You'll never know until you try and it always grows back. Girls who make excuses about trying haircuts are silly. If your hair means that much to you, it probably means too much to you.
  • 2April
    2April Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I have had long dark hair most of my life. For a change I dyed it blonde. I got the roots done once but I could not stand being in the salon that long. Next I got filler put on and dyed it a dark red. I let it just grow out then one day I cut all the dyed part off myself - it was fun until I couldn't get a hair appointment before I had to go back to school. I had to get my hair cut at a barber shop. Everyone said it looked great and I kept getting it cut boy short for about a year. I liked that it was so easy to look after but I sometimes missed brushing my hair. Now it has grown out to a bob. I never minded any of the between stages but my hair is very straight. I am growing it out again but I would be open to cutting it again too. I like the variety.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    Totally miss my boy hair. And I think I'd pull it off better now, with my face being thinner.

408072_10150542610268346_630193345_8744234_286328026_n.jpg

12932_188998898345_630193345_2893110_3507312_n.jpg

Oh yeah, you rock the hell outta that!
  • andivaclavicek
    Options
    Nope. I even had to get a buzz cut once because I tried to cut my own hair and butchered it. It was very liberating. Of course, I was 100 pounds lighter than I am now... But, I'm looking forward to wearing shorter hairstyles as I lose weight. :smile:
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I love my pixie cut, and have never regretted it!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    Options
    I liked that it was so easy to look after but I sometimes missed brushing my hair. Now it has grown out to a bob. I never minded any of the between stages but my hair is very straight. I am growing it out again but I would be open to cutting it again too. I like the variety.

This is how I feel too. Sometimes I'll watch my roomie longingly while she straightens her hair. But now I know I can rock it short and I'd do it again in a heartbeat!
  • Calif_Girl67
    Calif_Girl67 Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I had really lond hair and a child growing up until i was in junior high then i cust it all off and its been short ever since.
    Less hassle :)
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    Every time I cut 10" off to donate I regret it (especially this time with all the layering she did to give me a "style"). But my hair is super long before I cut it (down to my behind).

I just chopped another 10" off last Sunday for the fourth time. My hair is still long to some people (past my bra strap) but not to me. At least it is going to a good cause.

In my opinion if someone's hair isn't very long to begin with it wouldn't be as hard to get a short cut and wouldn't be regretted as often.
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I had to work more with my short hair than my long hair. Half my hair is wavy and the other half is straight...so I had to work to get it right.

With long hair, if I am in a hurry, I can braid it and it still looks cute. Now blow drying it is a bish....but my hair is easier long. Would have been awesome to have short hair that I could just mess it and it would look good....my hair was not like that. :grumble:
  • jbkunze
    jbkunze Posts: 1
    Options
    ask your hair stylist if it's a good cut for your face and if your hair type is right for it, but go for it! short hair is easy to maintain and if you don't like it it grows back! plus, the weather is getting warmer so it's more comfortable. good luck and great job! :)
  • va_va_voom
    va_va_voom Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Have anyof you girls ever chopped off all your hair...gotten a boy cut?

This is something that I have always wanted to do...but due to my size I never ended up doing so because I thought I would look rediculous having an extremly round face and the excess weight really didn't make me look any better. Last June I cut off 16 inches of hair (to about chin length). Today after a couple of trims it's about shoulder lenth but I am now toying with the idea of finally chopping it off since I've lost quite a bit of weight. I am crazy and I would like a Michelle Williams cut...like this.

http://images.huffingtonpost.com/2010-05-18-MICHELLEWILLIAMSHAIR.jpg

Any of you girls made the cut to something this short and entirely regretted it?

If I don't chop it off I definately want to do something different to it maybe like this...but im scared of these much needed changes.

http://www.fhm.com/images/media/fckimgs/emma-stone-2(1).jpg

Thank you lovely people...

From your profile pic, you look like you have the right face shape to pull it off, so I say go for it!

Me? My hair is typically long (somewhere between the bottom of my shoulder blades and mid-back, usually) - so short to me is shoulder length. lol
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    If it's something you've always wanted to do.. DO IT!!!! Hair grows back if you don't like it...
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking of cutting my hair too when I get back from vacation in a few weeks. Here is one look I really like.

haircut.jpg

Or I like this as well.

medhair1.jpg

I had my hair short for many years but now its been long for a long time. I'm scared to cut it again.
  • courtxoney
    courtxoney Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    yes! never doing it again. i like my long hair.
  • statickey
    statickey Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    YES

It was terrible :( I love my long hair!
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    It's just hair, it grows back.
  • candykay0605
    candykay0605 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    when i was about 13 and realized then that i have a FAT loooking face with short hair.... never again