Shakeology vs. Herbalife

Options

Replies

• geneanroberts
    geneanroberts Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I am doing Body By Vi and have lost 35 pounds. I would not think of doing anything else :)
  • harebearva
    harebearva Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I'm all for folks using ANYTHING that helps them achieve their weight loss goals. If it works, the money is worth it. But I have to say, herbalife, shakleology, and any other supplement based product that implies the necessity of these products to succeed are looking to perform what I call a wallet biopsy. in my opinion ( and the opinion of many others) there is NO magic combination of herbs or micronutrients that accellerate weight loss at any appreciable rate over eating a proper diet. It's my belief that supplements are there to make up for diet insufficiencies. They ALL require you to eat a balanced nutritious diet in conjunction with taking their supplement in order to achieve success and they may claim to be supported in studies but the studies are typically poorly done and not peer reviewed. Shakeology for instance claims a study based formula but can't produce the specific study they refer to. There are too many variables for them to support the claims they make, this is also true for alot of supplements, not just shakeology. To say it reduces cholesterol for instance, what were the study parameters? What did the remainder of the subjects diet consist of? If they ate a bowl of whole grain oats every day, then of course their cholesterol went down. And what about a control group. Did they include a comparable group who ate an identical diet but didn't drink the shakeology?

I hate to say anything negative about something that seemingly works for certain demographics but I think it's wrong for supplement companies in general to make claims they can't properly sustantiate through empirical data. They are preying on a group of individuals who want so much to succeed that they would pump money into a product that does nothing more than ensure that they remain in a calorie deficit, which is where the magic really lies.

Now having soap boxed my feeble opinions, LOL I will say this. If it works FOR YOU, then do it because everybody is different and it's all about the end result. But my final word of caution is to be sure you are ready to continue this way of eating forever because it's about life changes, not short term results. LOL now let me have it!

Sincerely hope this helps somebody.

~hare
  • abull63
    abull63 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of Shakeology before but recently I bought Herbalife and I am already feeling better after one week of using. And best of all my weight is moving down. I am only having one shake a day but it seems to lessen my cravings. I just wonder if other protein products, for instance, those you can buy at Walmart, are of equal value?? I know they are cheaper but is the quality the same??
  • yhateme1
    yhateme1 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have tried other shakes like slim fast and EAS when i run out of my herbalife and for me HERBALIFE is the best. it keeps me full for atleast four hours at a time. I havnot tried the shakeolgy but I have only heard good things... But its to high for me so i will stick with what i know.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Shakeology is a meal replacement shake designed to assist your body’s natural ability to absorb essential vitamins and nutrients and to eliminate toxins. It’s the healthiest meal of your day! Studies have shown that people who drink a Shakeology shake daily have lower cholesterol levels by an average of 30%, increased energy, improved digestion and regularity, reduced cardiovascular risks by an average of 24%, and lose weight.

Replacing one meal a day with a Shakeology shake in either Chocolate or Greenberry flavors will help curb your hunger and carbohydrate cravings – which promotes your body’s weight loss abilities.

What’s in Shakeology?

There are more than 20 antioxidants and phytonutrients in Shakeology, which will reduce free radical damages to your body that contribute to high blood pressure, heart disease, stroke and heart attacks.

Every 140 calorie Shakeology meal replacement shake contains more a blend of 70 nutritious ingredients and powerful SuperFoods found around the world, from digestive enzymes, essential vitamins, prebiotics, minerals, amino acids, and protein. Shakeology even includes a number of rare ingredients like camu-camu, adaptogens and sacha inchi that you just can’t get from an ordinary diet.

Herbalife – made with antioxidant vitamins C and E as part of over 20 vitamins, minerals and essential nutrients, Herbalife offers a healthy meal in a glass. Along with 9 grams of protein and fiber per serving, Herbalife contains Aminogen(r) and bromelain and papain, all known to support the digestion of protein to make sure your body puts those 9 grams of protein per serving to use! Herbalife offers a variety of different flavors so you can choose your favorites or keep a variety of meal replacement shakes on hand for a more interesting menu. Choose from vanilla, chocolate, berry, fruit, coffee and others.

Shakeology – features ingredients from all over the world and more than 70 whole food ingredients per serving. The vitamins and minerals in every serving are absorbed by your body at optimum levels due to the phytonutrients, prebiotics and digestive enzymes in every serving, too. Shakeology comes in two primary flavors of greenberry and chocolate.

HOPE THIS HELPS!

Cut and paste from the company's web site - this isn't information, it's advertising.........
  • PhatShinobi
    PhatShinobi Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I can only speak for myself as an Herbalife Distributor. My research and personal experience is positive. It is not simply a weight loss gimmick. It's about all around health. It's not about starvation but changing your lifestyle. In herbalife I have learned more about improving what I eat, when I eat, importance of activity and overall physical, mental and emotional wellness. They have offered me a great support network, a way to improve every aspect of my life and a way to make a little money too. My weight loss journey is happening slowly not because what I am doing don't work but because of the lack of consistency I have had about everything including diet and exercise. I am not on MFP to sell but to have more community and support and maybe give some support myself.
    You can tell me that I can get these things other ways. The truth is so could you. We all want to promote what we believe in and many stoop to trying to ruin or destroy others to make themselves look better. The fact is anyone who is looking for something like Herbalife or Shakeology or a miriad of things outside of these types of products are simply looking for a better quality of life and are trying to find their path to achieve it. Thats just my two cents atleast. Be well on your journey!
  • FrankFatManUnleashed
    Options
    Good stuff...
  • Dulce7426
    Options
    Well I use Sunrider. There shakes are delish! plus they are filed with nutrients for the whole body. The teas help detox your body. My whole family is on sunrider. Not only do the tate good but you feel great! also the fortune teas wash away the fats from your body as well as hydrate you. really good at the gym. I feel im able to lift more and not as achy the next day.
    Hope that helps...
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Disclaimer: I am not a coach/rep/seller of any product

I have never tried Herbalife but I have tried the GNC Lean Shakes (ready to drink) and Shakeology (only comes in powder) in the chocolate and strawberry flavor. I do not expect them to aid in weight loss. Meal replacement shaes are just that...a meal replacement. They are great for people who are extremely busy and need to rush out of the door often. I can't say that I am THAT busy, but I do find them convenient for those times where I'm just not in the mood to cook or prepare something healthy.

Since I don't believe that they aid in weight loss in any way, I can only comment on the flavor. The GNC Lean Shakes in the Swiss Chocolate and Vanilla Bean flavors are excellent, especially the vanilla. The choc and straw Shakeology are good but not quite as good as the GNC. That is mostly because they are powder and no matter how much you mix (if not using a blender) you will still get some grittiness and chalkiness. JMO...
  • mtaylor1980
    mtaylor1980 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I have tried other shakes like slim fast and EAS when i run out of my herbalife and for me HERBALIFE is the best. it keeps me full for atleast four hours at a time. I havnot tried the shakeolgy but I have only heard good things... But its to high for me so i will stick with what i know.

Same here! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Herbalife cookies and cream! I did want to try Shakeology, but when I found out the price for a 30 day supply, I was like Holy crap!!!!!
  • teamfit2day
    teamfit2day Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Shakeology is a meal replacement shake designed to assist your body’s natural ability to absorb essential vitamins and nutrients and to eliminate toxins. It’s the healthiest meal of your day! Studies have shown that people who drink a Shakeology shake daily have lower cholesterol levels by an average of 30%, increased energy, improved digestion and regularity, reduced cardiovascular risks by an average of 24%, and lose weight.

Replacing one meal a day with a Shakeology shake in either Chocolate or Greenberry flavors will help curb your hunger and carbohydrate cravings – which promotes your body’s weight loss abilities.

What’s in Shakeology?

There are more than 20 antioxidants and phytonutrients in Shakeology, which will reduce free radical damages to your body that contribute to high blood pressure, heart disease, stroke and heart attacks.

Every 140 calorie Shakeology meal replacement shake contains more a blend of 70 nutritious ingredients and powerful SuperFoods found around the world, from digestive enzymes, essential vitamins, prebiotics, minerals, amino acids, and protein. Shakeology even includes a number of rare ingredients like camu-camu, adaptogens and sacha inchi that you just can’t get from an ordinary diet.

Herbalife – made with antioxidant vitamins C and E as part of over 20 vitamins, minerals and essential nutrients, Herbalife offers a healthy meal in a glass. Along with 9 grams of protein and fiber per serving, Herbalife contains Aminogen(r) and bromelain and papain, all known to support the digestion of protein to make sure your body puts those 9 grams of protein per serving to use! Herbalife offers a variety of different flavors so you can choose your favorites or keep a variety of meal replacement shakes on hand for a more interesting menu. Choose from vanilla, chocolate, berry, fruit, coffee and others.

Shakeology – features ingredients from all over the world and more than 70 whole food ingredients per serving. The vitamins and minerals in every serving are absorbed by your body at optimum levels due to the phytonutrients, prebiotics and digestive enzymes in every serving, too. Shakeology comes in two primary flavors of greenberry and chocolate.

HOPE THIS HELPS!

Cut and paste from the company's web site - this isn't information, it's advertising.........

Ok hows this for information..Ive lost 47lbs using shakeology. My migranes have stopped (have suffered from migranes since I was 9 years old), and I truly do feel better. Am I saying Herbalife doesnt work? No, Im saying that I personally dont use Herbalife simply because it has chemical ingredients in it and shakeology doesnt. You dont have to belive me, just look at the labels for both HerbaLife and Shakeology and google every single ingredient and you will see for youself the chemicals in HerbaLife supplements versus the all natural fruits and veggies used for SHakeology. Again, to each his/her own, im just thinking future here and what those chemicals may/may not do to my body. I respect everyones decisions n supplementation, I simply ask that we educate ourselves when putting stuff in our bodies thats all.
  • teamfit2day
    teamfit2day Posts: 213 Member
    Options

Same here! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Herbalife cookies and cream! I did want to try Shakeology, but when I found out the price for a 30 day supply, I was like Holy crap!!!!!

I agree with you, shakeology can seem pricey at first glance but I personally use it as my breakfast. I literally have not purchased any breakfasts foods for myself since last August so instead of spending extra money on shakeology, im simply replacing what I was already spending. When you think about it, I pay about $3.50 per shake, the average lunch can run you anywhere from $5 at Subways or more anywhere else. Ultimately I use shakeology becuase its all natural, no chemicals. Many of these shakes may help with weight loss now, but who knows the toll they will take on our bodies in 20, 30 or 40 years. Just my opinion, nothing against what anyone else is taking. Ive tried many shakes myself before shakeology so I know whats its like.
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    Neither dont waste your hard earned money.
    Eat properly and workout.

I agree. Food is good. Eat.
  • Meaganandcheese
    Meaganandcheese Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Another vote for the GNC Lean and Lean 25 shakes (I use pwdered form)! I like them as a meal supplement or quick snack or base for a smoothie. I prefer to add my own fruit, and I've found them to be very filling.
  • Nutrition1975
    Options
    I did my research before I chose the 2 - I have a degree in Human Nutrition and wanted the best nutrition - cost aside and compare the nutrition.

Hebalife is made with soy - and doing more research some of the shakes are made with Non GMO and GMO soy - which means it is genetically modified organism - where the product has been altered using genetic engineering techniques.
    Shakeology 90% whey isolate - purest form of whey and the vegan - sprouted brown rice for protein - not soy
    Soy has been shown to be heavily processed too!

Then I compared the actual mineral and vitamin list and Shakeology has more of almost every one.

Then I looked more at the ingredients - Herbalife is artificially and naturally sweetened (sucrolose) Splenda and Shakeology is all natural.

Then you look more into the ingredients and Shakeology has super foods, grasses and pro/prebiotics and Herbalife has none of these.

So taking everything I found - I found that you get what you pay for...get Herbalife and get a Ok product or get Shakeology and get a great product. So I invested my money with Shakeology
  • Christina1007
    Christina1007 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I am using Herbalife and have used it before. The first time I used it I lost a lot of weight, My mistake was that I didn't maintain. This is the thing with Herbalife you have to maintain after you reach your goal You can do this by replacing one meal of the day with a shake. Simple!

I started again last week and I lost 1 kilogram already! I am thrilled!!!
  • mabear74
    mabear74 Posts: 248
    Options
    I'm another Shakeology user......I love it. The Chocolate is fantastic. I love to combine it with a 1/2 greek yogurt and some unsweetened Almond Milk, put in a little ice and it's like drinking a milkshake. I do not like the greenberry at all, but the new tropical one they have is good also. I have not tried Herbalife, so I can't really do a comparison, just share what I like. I feel like I have more energy, don't crave sugar, my migraines are reduced, my skin is much clearer and I just feel great with my Shakeology.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Shakeology vs. Herbalife

Rip-off vs. Scam

Tell these sales reps to go stuff it, trying to make their living off your hard work. Stop using this website to pimp your overpriced drinks, vultures!

"Oh it's cured my migraines! Oh my skin is clearer! It's got nutrients and vitamins like no one's ever put in a drink before!!"

Buncha lousy salesmen. I saw one huckster saying Shakeology is so amazing they should be charging $300 a bottle for it. Shameless.

Take whatever you want to take for you. But I distrust ANY product that they won't sell in a store. Only through high pressure, MLM style marketing. There's a reason for that. No one would pay that much for a drink if you didn't have some "coach" (read: not a coach, salesman) pushing them on you.
  • Kath_21
    Kath_21 Posts: 19
    Options
    I've only done slim fast and herbalife for shake diets, I've never tried shakeology. Herbalife isn't a bad diet but I found it very inconvenient to make a shake while in college so had to have a meal bar instead which work out to around £2 each, so pretty pricey! They are more filling than an ordinary cereal bar but are more calories.
    The good thing about shake diets is that they are good at portion control for the meals you have them for. I think I may do herbalife for two meals a day for the two weeks before I go on holiday just to shift that extra couple of pounds!
    I've been able to stick to my diet of just eating better and counting calories and watching portion sizes. I didn't think herbalilfe was very sustainable.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Shakeology vs. Herbalife

Rip-off vs. Scam

Tell these sales reps to go stuff it, trying to make their living off your hard work. Stop using this website to pimp your overpriced drinks, vultures!

"Oh it's cured my migraines! Oh my skin is clearer! It's got nutrients and vitamins like no one's ever put in a drink before!!"

Buncha lousy salesmen. I saw one huckster saying Shakeology is so amazing they should be charging $300 a bottle for it. Shameless.

Take whatever you want to take for you. But I distrust ANY product that they won't sell in a store. Only through high pressure, MLM style marketing. There's a reason for that. No one would pay that much for a drink if you didn't have some "coach" (read: not a coach, salesman) pushing them on you.

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: Seriously, I don't understand why people fall for the whole "buy this amazing prduct from me" thing. Do you want to buy the miracle acai berries from the sidebar adds too?? Only $2.99 for shipping and the product is freeeee!

I buy EAS Carb control shakes from the grocery store. 100 calories and $5 for a 4 pack. I also make my own with healthy ingredients at home.