Am I a potential stalker?

Options
rml_16
rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
Am I the only person who thinks this way? When I'm at the gym or running in the park and I see a woman there working out who has the kind of body I wish I had, I have this overwhelming urge to follow her around and copy everything she does.

Replies

• rml_16
    Options
    I see how it is. You're all afraid of me now.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Yes, you are a huge creepy stalker.

Not like I've ever done it... I mainly look at people who are making fools of themselves.
  • rml_16
    Options
    I notice those people, too. But that's more often when there aren't as many people in the gym. When I go during busier times, and especially running in the parks, there are always these women with amazing bodies and I just want to follow them! lol And not just in the gym, because I need to see what and how they eat and stuff.

Maybe I should just ask one if I can be her shadow for a couple weeks. I have vacation time saved up ...
  • MarincicS
    MarincicS Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I'm not afraid of you as you surely don't wish you had MY body!

You should consider telling her you think she is attractive and find her looks inspirational. Might make her day.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I notice those people, too. But that's more often when there aren't as many people in the gym. When I go during busier times, and especially running in the parks, there are always these women with amazing bodies and I just want to follow them! lol And not just in the gym, because I need to see what and how they eat and stuff.

Maybe I should just ask one if I can be her shadow for a couple weeks. I have vacation time saved up ...

That would be awesome.. Can I just move in with you for three weeks so I can see what you do and what you don't do?

Or just do a shameless MFP plug, friend them and then stalk them that way...
  • rml_16
    Options

That would be awesome.. Can I just move in with you for three weeks so I can see what you do and what you don't do?

These aren't MFP people. They're people I see around town. I have no idea their names or anything. They are inspiring, though.

Oy. Never mind. I get what you're saying. lol But that still isn't the same as being with them 24/7!
  • lniffa
    lniffa Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    lol, I actually have 2 of those from my gym. The 1st one actually told me she wanted to do my workouts and I was actually flattered and showed her what I did and if she couldn't do it, I modified to fit her. The other one, she is creepy, she follows me around without saying a word, watches me and when I am done will do the same thing. That I don't like and want to say something to her, but not sure what.
  • rml_16
    Options
    lol, I actually have 2 of those from my gym. The 1st one actually told me she wanted to do my workouts and I was actually flattered and showed her what I did and if she couldn't do it, I modified to fit her. The other one, she is creepy, she follows me around without saying a word, watches me and when I am done will do the same thing. That I don't like and want to say something to her, but not sure what.

See? Creepy! lol

I don't actually follow anyone. I do my thing and if they're in my line of sight, I notice but I try not to stare or anything. They either don't notice or aren't creeped out because I'm usually there first and they start working out near where I already am.
  • lilbpixie
    lilbpixie Posts: 51 Member
    Options

yes!!!! this ^^^^^

But seriously if you see a women with your Ideal body ask her how she does it. I did that with a girl at my gym, not only did I make her day (turns out she had just lost over 80lbs) she told me how she worked out and how portion control helped her she was a weight loss member. I can't deal with the point counting my mother does that and loves it but for me finding this sight works. So there is no harm in asking. the worst that can happen is that she does think your crazy :) best of luck!!!!
  • DavidOfOz
    DavidOfOz Posts: 225
    Options

F off might work!!!! quietly and politely of course!!
  • emyishardcore
    emyishardcore Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Haha that's funny.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    I watch what other people do and will incorporate elements of what I see into my routine, but I don't out and out copy what they do....that is a bit much....and yes, you're a stalker if you have to ask....you know that sarcastic peeps here will tell you so \m/
  • rml_16
    Options
    I watch what other people do and will incorporate elements of what I see into my routine, but I don't out and out copy what they do....that is a bit much....and yes, you're a stalker if you have to ask....you know that sarcastic peeps here will tell you so \m/

Sarcasm is always welcome. :-) And I don't ask a question if I don't want the answer.
  • Love4MN
    Love4MN Posts: 60
    Options
    Lol I if your a stalker then I am to. My attention towards to gravitate towards those people. There was this girl on the treadmill in front of me yesterday who had the PERFECT body I just kept looking at her like.. those are gonna be my abs one day.
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    there are definitely people i wish i looked like. and i do like to know their secrets. i'm sure it woudl be ok to ask them.
  • roachtg
    roachtg Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I do it! There is one woman at the gym, she is there everyday and she does her cardio and her weights and i just want to ask her to be my trainer for just a week! I think she is in her 40s or 50s and she looks amazing. But then I see some people there that are working to get there like me and want to follow them around and ask if they want to be workout buddies.
  • rml_16
    Options
    Well, perhaps one day I will have the guts to ask one of them. I know it makes me feel good when people compliment me, so I would hope others would feel the same. But I'm a very shy person in the real world, so it's tough.
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Am I the only person who thinks this way? When I'm at the gym or running in the park and I see a woman there working out who has the kind of body I wish I had, I have this overwhelming urge to follow her around and copy everything she does.

Well, even though imitation is the sincerest form of flattery - In order not to be too creepy, why not just talk to them? Ask them what they do and that you wish to model your workout routine to theirs, b/c you like the results.

Or, you can hide behind bushes and wait for them at the park... >:)
  • lniffa
    lniffa Posts: 718 Member
    Options

F off might work!!!! quietly and politely of course!!

LOL, if only I could say that. I am too polite and want to handle it in a nicer manner.
  • rml_16
    Options
    Or, you can hide behind bushes and wait for them at the park... >:)

And jump out as they run by? I may do that just for fun.