Options
2»

Replies

• sandown12
    sandown12 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I'm in the uk hun
    She's sounds awful at least your husbands standing by you x

Ahhhhh, well unfortunately New England, USA stole alot of the UK towns/city names LOL!

MIL or no MIL, no one should have to put up with such negative banter.... Im just a zero tolerant person when it comes to that garbage!

That's on your welcome to the names :)

Thing is she & her husband are staying her from Sunday do 'we' can look after them he can't walk he's got emphysema and nearly 80 she's 76 in June, we have 3 children and a new business her other son is unemployed and his wife works a few hours theyive around the corner no children, his wife doesn't speak to them they're son only does things for money for them and they have no friends, thing that's upset me is my partner has defended her of what she said to me then in a second breath says they are horrible ?
    He slamming the door as I wouldn't visit her with him in hospital today has really upset me, so come Sunday I'd rather be somewhere else :(
  • Lizzie2As
    Lizzie2As Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    He knows what they're like (my husband gets like this when I mention his mum & her being "devoid of human feelings") & its hard to hear what he already knows it. I'm sure he wasn't angry with you but them (as you are right)
  • sandown12
    sandown12 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    He knows what they're like (my husband gets like this when I mention his mum & her being "devoid of human feelings") & its hard to hear what he already knows it. I'm sure he wasn't angry with you but them (as you are right)

3 years ago she kept being horrible about my eldest daughters weight she was chubby but 13 (since slimmed down) she said she couldnt believe the dress size in my daughters dressing gown was so big,we had words her husband stormed in and raised his fist to me 3 times I didnt talk to them for 2 years.............They were upset I wouldnt back down but she really upset my daughter.
    I backed down after 2 years shallowed my pride and helped them paint theyre house do theyre garden clean theyre house as they were not able,changed theyre bed every week,she got told she had cancer so Ive been very supportive..............
    Thing is he doesnt speak much when we go around to them so me not being in the hospital visit for him will be hard.
    I texted me dont mention what she said he said ok,but i know he will,it seems he takes his frustrations with them by just bringing me into it when he should rally say how he feels about them .

Im not looking forward to Sunday and I know my partner and his dad will go out and leave me to look after her,but sadly I wont now,Ill help but my partner said he doenst expect me to do anything for them but I know him too well,he will findit very hard work x