Ladies? Ever cut your hair short and regretted it?

Options

Replies

• KickassAugust
    KickassAugust Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    This is my new favorite hair cut.. you should try it!
  • TaraFTMVA
    TaraFTMVA Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I loved my short hair! I am def going back to it after I grow it out. I have never had hair longer than my shoulders so right now I am letting it grow below my shoulder blades, but I plan to donate it next time I cut it short
    2009hair.jpg
  • SuperAmie
    SuperAmie Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    DO IT! Hair grows... <--- simple... :D
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I have cut my hair short (a bob style hair cut just below chin). I didn't regret it...I loved it. I felt chic and stylish...
  • kcdrake
    kcdrake Posts: 512
    Options
    When I was in high school I chopped off all my hair to donate to Locks of Love. I had, maybe, an inch of hair on my head. I loved it, but growing it back out was a bit of a pain in the butt. Short hair takes a LOT more maintenance than longer hair. The good thing about the experience is now anything chin length or longer is so not a big deal and I have no hesitations with cutting it. I feel like it lets me be a little more adventurous with my hair. :) Just yesterday I cut about 5 inches off and my hair is a little above my shoulders. I love it!
  • slikfish
    slikfish Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hair is just hair girl! I lost all of mine during chemo, but it grew right back! I now LOVE my short hair! It is SO easy to style and I get compliments all the time. BTW, the color is natural. So GO FOR IT!!!! If you don't like it, no worries. It grows back every time!
  • Love4MN
    Love4MN Posts: 60
    Options
    I have naturally curly hair which has been long since I was about 10. When I was 17 I cut my hair to chin length. I hated it . I cried when I first saw it ...it was just an overall bad experience. I only have my hair trimmed now it has been long ever since
  • BlueInkDot
    BlueInkDot Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I think every lady should try a short cut at least once. I mean there are probably exceptions, but it's always cool to try it out. That's what's fun about hair. It grows out so nothing you do to it is permanent. :P
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Oh God yes. More than once, too.

Freshman year of college, I thought "I'll cut my super long hair all short and cute like Reese Witherspoon's!" (it was short and cute at the time). I cried about it and vowed never to cut my hair short again.

4 years ago my hair was down past my boobs. It was awesome. BUT that Victoria Beckham short in the back long in the front graduated bob thing was super trendy, and of course I just had to have it done. I cut off over a foot of hair and donated it to Locks of Love. I felt great about donating my hair, but I was SO UNHAPPY about having short hair. I just feel like it made me look fat and old. I shall never chop it that short again!!!! My new hair rule is if it's not long enough to put up in a ponytail, it's not long enough for me.

Some girls look awesome with short hair, one of my bffs has the cutest choppy short bob, but I just do NOT look good with short hair. Not a good look, bro.
  • lauramonster
    Options
    I have trichotillomania (compulsive hair pulling), and I had to get my hair cut short, because I'd pulled it all out on one side. I hated it so much. It's taken me two years to grow it back out.
  • mmsilvia
    mmsilvia Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I say just do it...it's only hair & will grow back. If you didn't like it short you don't have to do it again.

I live in New England so, I keep my hair short in the summer & long in the winter.
  • jabdye
    jabdye Posts: 4,059 Member
    Options
    Just did it 2 weeks ago -- and LOVE IT!!!! Most women are wowed by it -- saying they'd love to have short hair but don't have the nerve. I usually cut it super short when I'm feeling confident. and it's just hair -- hair grows -- but I do love the empowering feeling. I always admire short hair on women. Long hair was so much maintenance...hated being attached to a hair dryer all morning. So post pics -- would love to see the new do!
  • xo_morgan
    xo_morgan Posts: 298
    Options
    i didnt get a boy cut. but my hair was about 20 inches long & down my back and i got it cut all the way up to my ears in an inverted cut. i honestly loved it at first. and even for the first couple of months. it was easy to maintain and i could do so many different things with it. but after that i started dreadfully missing my long hair. especially when it got to the awkward stage at my shoulders. ive been trying for about a year and a half to grow it back. Slowly but surely :frown: :grumble:

ETA: my reason for cutting was to donate to locks of love. i got about 12 inches cut off..then AFTER they cut it they told me it was color treated and they couldnt donate it :/
  • frosty73
    frosty73 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    UGH! I cut my hair short in December and it was kind of cute.... for about a month.... then it's either, grow it out or keep cutting it. I want to grow it out again but it takes FOREVER! It is very much like losing weight, it changes at such a slow pace when you are trying to grow it out. The Michelle Williams cut is cute, but..... no more short hair for me. I hate the "bedhead" look, too, which never happened with longer hair.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Just did it 2 weeks ago -- and LOVE IT!!!! Most women are wowed by it -- saying they'd love to have short hair but don't have the nerve. I usually cut it super short when I'm feeling confident. and it's just hair -- hair grows -- but I do love the empowering feeling. I always admire short hair on women. Long hair was so much maintenance...hated being attached to a hair dryer all morning. So post pics -- would love to see the new do!

See that was my thinking when I chopped all mine off, that it would be so much easier, but in fact, it took me twice as long to do my hair when it was short. My hair isn't curly, isn't straight, is kinda this weird in between wavy/not wavy thing. So when it's long I can wash it at night, let it air dry, and be good to go in the morning and it has a little wave to it. I have to do pretty much nothing to my long hair. When it was short? Jesus. I had to blow dry, and flat iron, and style, and all that crap. I think it just depends on the cut and texture of your hair.
  • Charliesuccess
    Charliesuccess Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    That cut is hot! do it! its hair...it grows back!
  • frugalmomsrock
    frugalmomsrock Posts: 1,123
    Options
    I did--and that isn't a boy cut... ;) I wore it like this for quite a while:

[img]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a6/cbms/Odds and ends/pic002.jpg[/img]

but I was having to get it cut about every 5-6 weeks because it grows so fast (and it gets curly in the back for some reason), so I asked her to take a little more off than usual, and this is what she did to me:

[img]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a6/cbms/Odds and ends/pic000-2.jpg[/img]

It was definitely the last time I ever went to her... I didn't cut my hair again, in fact, until a couple of months ago, and this happened before I go pregnant for my 6 year old!!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    OP, I think you'd look great with short hair! From what I can tell by your profile pic, you've got the right face and the right kind of hair to pull it off.

To answer your question about reget - yeah, been there, done that. Unlike some of you lucky gals, I have crazy curly fine hair and two wild cowlicks that make it a pain in the *kitten* to have a short cut. It's just way too much work and never comes out right unless I spend hella time straightening it and putting all kinds of gunk on it. Much easier for this low maintenance girl to have longer hair - just let it air dry and spend 2 minutes straightening my bangs with a round brush and fluffing up the rest.
  • kcdrake
    kcdrake Posts: 512
    Options
    I loved my short hair! I am def going back to it after I grow it out. I have never had hair longer than my shoulders so right now I am letting it grow below my shoulder blades, but I plan to donate it next time I cut it short
    2009hair.jpg

I had this style for a while and I loved it!!
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    i didnt get a boy cut. but my hair was about 20 inches long & down my back and i got it cut all the way up to my ears in an inverted cut. i honestly loved it at first. and even for the first couple of months. it was easy to maintain and i could do so many different things with it. but after that i started dreadfully missing my long hair. especially when it got to the awkward stage at my shoulders. ive been trying for about a year and a half to grow it back. Slowly but surely :frown: :grumble:

ETA: my reason for cutting was to donate to locks of love. i got about 12 inches cut off..then AFTER they cut it they told me it was color treated and they couldnt donate it :/

I have donated my hair too. And I felt the exact same...missed my long hair after a few months especially when it was growing out.