Once a week, once a month?
  • lilmandy89
    lilmandy89 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Usually 2-3 days a month
  • Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Never. I know it's alright but I don't like knowing that I'm eating trans fat and too much saturated fat. Rather than go over my calories and cheat a little, I don't do it at all. It makes me feel guilty and I get upset at myself really easily.

I'd rather go to bed happy than guilty. :tongue:
  • jetswa737
    jetswa737 Posts: 28
    Options
    I do it once a week and to be honest I still dont go that crazy overboard. Anymore that is. I actually still stay below 2500 calories on average which is what an average adult male should be eating. Of course to get me back down to where I want to be I am at 1280 per day. I know that a huge jump but I only do it once a week. If I did not there would be no way I could make it. I have to have some type of reward.
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I have a cheat meal once a week and no guilt whatsoever.
    An entire cheat day is way too much for me.

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • Benson
    Benson Posts: 444
    Options
    I never plan to cheat but I don't beat myself up over a "oh s**t" why did I have those chippies! Every day I wake up and plan to do right by my nutritional plan. Big thing for me is to enter food plan for the day and stick to it not eat food and then enter it because if you are over its to late to adjust
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I believe I have had one cheat day since I started and today will my second one. I had no choice today because I am diabetic and my sugar kept dropping to low on me. :ohwell: So I have actually use up all my calories for today and anything from here on is over. I hope by not much, I have never heard how far above calories anyone goes on a cheat day. But tomorrow will be better:smile:
  • DETERMINED2Drop
    DETERMINED2Drop Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I TRY not to have them, but sometimes it's either too hard to avoid... or you are just craving that special something.

I do believe it's good to have a cheat day every once in awhile. It boosts your metabolism. Your body gets so used to eating 1,200 or how ever amount of calories each day and when you eat a significant amount more your body's metabolism speeds up.
  • BlazinEmerald
    Options
    Well , I called tonight a cheat night , but in reality its not. We are having Pizza with the kids , we do this every other friday BUT it fits in my calories. Maybe not THE healthiest thing but Im not going over calories by doing it :smile:
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I TOTALLY agree...sometimes I slip up and go over calories...but I don't believe it is ok to just throw in the towel one day and eat excessive amounts of calories. Remember it take 3500 calories less to lose a pound, so if you blow it majorly on 1 day..you could consume a lot of those calories back, and it would put you further away from losing that pound.
  • jill927
    jill927 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I slip up and go over, but generally if I am really craving something or know I'm going out for dinner or something, I try to eat lower calorie foods the rest of the day to stay in my "budget." That being said, I don't let my diet control my life, because THAT would drive me insane. So sometimes I go over. Life goes on, and I'm still losing weight because I am generally really good about it!