4 months in and realizing I need help!

Options
I am just about to complete 4 months on MFP and have lost 15lbs. Not exactly where I saw myself when I started this journey but yes, I do have to be thankful that I am 15 lbs less and not more! I have lost and gained the same 2 lbs in the last 2 months.

I am 46 years old and have been heavy all of my life. (Lost weight in high school with Nutri-System & gained it back, then lost again after my divorce many yrs ago by not eating, working all the time and drinking but again gained it back plus more). I am ready to do this the right way this time in order to enjoy my life, my kids, grandkids and the rest of my fabulous family.

I seem to have issues with if I exercise I can eat junk. I know it's not right but just can't seem to get on the right track 100% (or at least > 50% on a consistent basis). I do log everthing I eat both good and bad which is a huge step for me. I really feel that my main issue is exercise. I want to do it, can't seem to get out of bed early before work to do it but if I put it off until later it just never gets done. I have some very serious goals that I want to accomplish this year and each week I just see those goals getting farther out of my sight.

My 2012 goals are: run (no walking) a 5K in May (I've done them in the past few years and know I can do this with a couple of weeks of consistent running), a 10K in July and a (local) 1/2 marathon in September. I am focused on running both the 5K & 10K and finishing the 1/2.

Anyone that can be a friend with some encouraging words or ideas of what works for you would be appreciated!

Replies

• Lindaendall
    Lindaendall Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Hi there - well done on losing 15lbs - no matter how long it has taken. It is not easy as we all know. I have been a member of MFP since January and I am now 1 pound away from my initial target of 22lbs - feel really nervous this week as I weigh on Mondays.

I depend on my MFPals so much, they are a great bunch and always supportive - even if the advice they are giving is not what I want to hear (not drinking enough water)!! Without a strong friendship group I would not have made it this far. I have learned a lot from them and really enjoy looking at their food diaries to see what food ideas I can try.

Feel free to add me as a friend :flowerforyou:

Linda
  • SheilahArnett4
    Options
    hey, I am Sheilah, 26 and from OKC, OK.
    Feel free to send me a friend request. I also have the goal of running a 5k!