C25K - week one, day one

Options
hosnowjo
hosnowjo Posts: 145 Member
Well here I am, slumped in the chair. My face is beetroot red, my hair is matted to my head with sweat, my legs are quivering like jelly and there's a river running down my back.......but....... I DID IT!!!!!! I completed week one, day one of C25K burning a whopping 425 calories into the bargain. Note to self - wear different bra next time to stop those boobies swinging around so much -especially in the morning when all the OAP's are out walking their dogs where I'm attempting to run.

Replies

• mccarol1956
    mccarol1956 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    YAY!! Good for both of us! I did the same thing last night! We rocked. It felt so darn great! Congratulations on your successful start!
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    Woot woot! Congrats! I hear that C25K program can really kick you in the bum! Good job! :)
  • courtney131
    Options
    I began last night as well! I'm doing C25K as well as P90X. Congrats!
  • Vespyr
    Vespyr Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    For some reason I found week 1 to be one of the toughest. Good work!!!!
  • eprissel
    eprissel Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Starting this weekend, new shoes coming tomorrow.
  • dianer75935
    dianer75935 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I started last night also and my knees really love me this morning. but I am ready for day 2.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Congrats...reward yourself with a good sports bra and keep up the great work!
  • paulwgun
    paulwgun Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all you new C25Kers, well done it will be the best move you've made I'm now training for a 10K
    Did 6.75K this morning on the treadmill as the British weather is not to clever at the moment

Happy running everyone :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • rchupka87
    rchupka87 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Nice!!!! For anyone interested, we just started a group this week for those of us just starting C25K. Anyone is welcome to join!!!

C25K - Get Off That Couch!!!
  • kristinakingsley
    Options
    Congrats!! My son and I started it this week too, we completed week 1 day 2 last night. It is definately hard, but feels so good knowing you made it through. Keep up the good work.
  • Sox90716
    Sox90716 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Doesn't it feel great?!
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you!!! Great job and good luck with completing the program!
  • Prettylittlelotus
    Prettylittlelotus Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Yay! good for you :)

I'm on week one Day 3. Oh! I wear two sports bras to keep the girls in check.
  • LemonBurns
    LemonBurns Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    YES!!!! Good for you! A year ago... I started this way too, and can now comfortably run 10k!! Oh, and good call on the new bra - some people feel ready for a run when they lace up their shoes... but for me... it's the lulu hot pink running bra! -- it's like Armour... My girls don't go anywhere ;)
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    congratulations..it's a great feeling!! don't give up on c25k!!!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!! It really is a great program.

Yesterday I FINALLY completed week 6. It took me three tries to complete week 6 day 3 (2.25 mi run, no walk breaks). I was so thrilled when I finally did it that after my cool down lap (I was at a local high school track) I ran the bleachers. And then I could barely walk to the car and drive home. But now I'm ready to move on!!

Don't get discouraged if you have to repeat days or even weeks. You'll get there.

ETA: I found a really great running bra (I used to wear 2 to get support). Moving Comfort Women's Maia Bra. It keeps the girls right where they should be.
  • gomisskellygo
    gomisskellygo Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Yay! good for you :)

I'm on week one Day 3. Oh! I wear two sports bras to keep the girls in check.

I need to double up as well! I do week 4, Day 3 tonight. I have repeated weeks. I love it this program! 6 weeks ago, I could BARELY run 60 seconds, and now I am running two 5 minute and 3 minute intervals with very little issue. Keep at it!

Add me if you need support!
  • beth_816
    beth_816 Posts: 19
    Options
    What is an OAP?
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Congrats on starting. I know it's super tough at first. I was there 9 weeks ago, panting after every jog interval. I was the lazy girl who walked the "mile run" in high school. Hated running. With. A. Passion. Fast forward to today, 9 weeks into the C25K program, I just jogged 5K without stopping. It took me over 42 minutes of straight jogging, and I was able to endure. It's an AWESOME program, and I guarantee that if you guys stick with it, you will have success! :) Feel free to friend me if you want support!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!