Okay...trying this again...

Options
steadk
steadk Posts: 334 Member
So a few weeks ago I signed up for Body By Vi... (yes I know how many of you feel about this). Well anyway, I've had decent results. However, I can't completely negate the fact that there are so many reviews about "unnatural" products that are used in it. So, I've made the decision that I'm at least going to finish the product I have, but also slowly transition my household to a clean eating house. This way the whole family can benefit from the food choices I'm making because I'm the cook, and they pretty much eat anything LOL

So, I guess I need a little bit of directin as to where to start. I was planning on hitting the farmers market tomorrow for some produce, and biting the bullet and trying quinoa. Any other tips?? Thanks for your support :)

Replies

• steadk
    Options
    bump
  • mindidily
    mindidily Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I have a few of the Clean Eating cookbooks by Tosca Reno. They're awesome and the meals are really easy to make.
  • swatkins1c
    Options
    When you buy pasta make sure they are whole wheat. quinoa is actually pretty good depending on what you use as sauce to me its like bird food lol. buy fresh veggies or if you know you cant eat all the veggies get the steamer ones i love them. always get fresh fruit canned fruit has bpa in it i think. unless its in glass jars.
  • pixelish
    pixelish Posts: 54
    Options
    Get your protein from lean sources (beans, fish, chicken, etc.), keep your fats restricted and healthy (like olive oil), increase the amounts of fruits and veggies, and limit your carbohydrates to complex sources. Keep a balance of macronutrients, get plenty of water and exercise, and eat regularly so that you don't get overly hungry and binge. Watch portion sizes so that you don't eat too many calories.
  • steadk
    Options
    Get your protein from lean sources (beans, fish, chicken, etc.), keep your fats restricted and healthy (like olive oil), increase the amounts of fruits and veggies, and limit your carbohydrates to complex sources. Keep a balance of macronutrients, get plenty of water and exercise, and eat regularly so that you don't get overly hungry and binge. Watch portion sizes so that you don't eat too many calories.

I'm doing alot of this already. I could probably use more lean sources of protein. But I think the way I have my macro's set up, I should be ok. Carbs are a big thing for me... LOVE THEM... but I was planning on changing everything out this weekend. Thanks for the help. Keep em coming if you have any more ideas