Driving me mad

Options
Hi all

i have being my diet since Jan 12 and have been very happy with my weight loss up until now!!!!! the last 3 weeks i have only lost 2lbs,:explode:

i have been working out on avarge 4 times a week (intence cardio workout) and been eating 3 main meals also.

I just need to lose another 7lbs and i have hit what i call the jackpot i.e my target and i need to do this by 7th June 12.

I have opened my diary so you can view my eating habbits etc.

I have also been swapping my workouts about as i know your weight can stay still with the same workout but still no luck!!

Hope you can help :flowerforyou:

Replies

• MashaSK
    MashaSK Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    You almost don't eat at all! I'd faint
  • laceylou0702
    laceylou0702 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Girl eat some food! Seriously your body is going into starvation mode, those calories weren't put there so you could eat less than that and lose weight they were put there so your body has the nutrition it needs to bust out your workouts & function. I can promise you that if you eat your calories you will lose weight!
  • 4stephklug
    4stephklug Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Girl eat some food! Seriously your body is going into starvation mode, those calories weren't put there so you could eat less than that and lose weight they were put there so your body has the nutrition it needs to bust out your workouts & function. I can promise you that if you eat your calories you will lose weight!
    This! Eat more, get lots of fiber and water.
  • staceylouise6684
    Options
    I have a very hetic life and my main goal is to eat three main meals which i have been doing, i have been told that if you eat the three main meals then a diet should work, some days i do snack also
  • laceylou0702
    Options
    OH and as I look through your diary more, I would suggest more lean protein, I have my diary open I eat about 1300 - 1800 calories a day & I eat alot of protein. You may want to also try weights / weight lifting / resistance bands ect. That way you'll build muscle as well as burn fat.
  • maggie16sweetxoxo
    maggie16sweetxoxo Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Maybe try diffrent exercises? Not the same one every time. Just don't give up! Good luck!
  • laceylou0702
    Options
    I have a very hetic life and my main goal is to eat three main meals which i have been doing, i have been told that if you eat the three main meals then a diet should work, some days i do snack also

I work 2 jobs (average 60 hours a week), ride horses with my aunt every weekend (about 2 - 3 hours), still maintain active friendships, train 3 dogs twice a week, sleep about 7 - 9 hours a night & I am rarely home / sitting still. I always make a lot of food at once so I have leftovers & pack my meals every night so I can get up early & workout before work. You can find the time if you look.
  • awwwshux25
    awwwshux25 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    your body needs at least 1000 calories just to function a day...if you are not eating enough your body begins breaking down muscle to support your body functions then the food you do eat gets stored away...and you don't lose weight...and then when you try to just keep at the weight you are on you will see yourself gain...when you don't put enough calories in your body it can cause teeth decay, weakness, and yur immune system will not be as strong.
  • JSheehy1965
    JSheehy1965 Posts: 404
    Options
    I agree with the above posters - cardio alone isn't going to help you lose weight - try some strength training as well - you can do it at home using your own body as resistance, and eat more lean protein :) Hope that you don't get TOO discouraged - keep going, you can do it!
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Honey, are you logging everything? Many days you are only eating 300 or 400 calories? My 2 toddlers eat more than that. I understand life is hectic, but you need to fuel your body better, or you metabolism will slow down and you won't lose weight. I'm losing about a pound a week and I eat about 2000 cals a day. I'm sure that sounds crazy to you, but you need to at least eat 1200 cals, and make sure you're getting enough protein. It looks like you're starving yourself from your diary. Wish you all the best, but don't be afraid to eat. Food is not the enemy.
  • SVallatini
    Options
    Looking at your diary for this week, in my opinion you are not eating enough calories. Also, do you eat vegetables or fruit? I noticed too that you are not logging your water consumption.
  • duchesspam
    duchesspam Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Everyone's different, but I eat every 2 to 3 hours. Looks like you need to mix it up a little too. Have something other than toast for breakfast (like oatmeal, a hard boiled egg, etc) I also think you need to eat fruits and veggies. I'm no expert, believe me, but I've lost 100 lbs. It took me a couple years, but I never starved myself. Sometimes I ate when I wasn't hungry because I had calories (or points) left for the day. It also gets harder now that you only have 7 lbs to goal. Hang in there you can do it!
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Not eating enough will not allow you to lose weight, we all wish we could believe if we dont eat we will lose weight. The lack of weight loss is telling you to eat, healthy, and you will be amazed. Don't hurt your body, it is one thing that will be with you for the rest of your life. :happy:
  • SheehyCFC
    SheehyCFC Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    You are eating an extremely unhealthy amount of food... you need to literally at least TRIPLE your intake, if not quadruple. You should be netting >1200 calories MINIMUM, and thats assuming you have 50lbs to lose... its more likely >1500... and that's NET (eating back calories you burn form exercise). Please, please seek help - you are starving yourself, and going down a very bad path.

**EDIT - I just looked at your profile, and it says you have 10lbs left to go, meaning you should be set up to lose no MORE than 0.5lbs/week. that means you need to be eating significantly more than the 1200 you are set at!
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I'm going to pretend I didn't just look at your diary and see what I saw. GO OUT AND EAT SOMETHING, you've got to be freaking kidding 500 calories a day.......This is NOT a site for ED's, which is not something to joke about cause I had one, so if you're seriously eating that much and asking this damn question I think you need some serious help.
  • Jules_1111
    Options
    Did I read that you netted UNDER 300 calories yesterday? Was that correct? If so, you need to eat. Please. I'm sure since you aren't eating enough (and it doesnt look like thats only a once in a while thing) your body is trying trying hang onto whatever it can. Try eating more (much more..making sure you are netting at least your BMR) and maybe strength train. Good luck.
  • staceylouise6684
    Options
    I'm going to pretend I didn't just look at your diary and see what I saw. GO OUT AND EAT SOMETHING, you've got to be freaking kidding 500 calories a day.......This is NOT a site for ED's, which is not something to joke about cause I had one, so if you're seriously eating that much and asking this damn question I think you need some serious help.

I do not have an eating disorder and i would never encourage one, i eat three meals a day and i never feel weak or tired or withdrawn in any way, i get through my workouts just fine and feel great after them. I started reducing my calories in March 12 as the calories that i was consuming were not losing any weight. If i ever felt as though i needed to eat then i would. I feel fine within myself also
  • SheehyCFC
    SheehyCFC Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I do not have an eating disorder and i would never encourage one, i eat three meals a day and i never feel weak or tired or withdrawn in any way, i get through my workouts just fine and feel great after them. I started reducing my calories in March 12 as the calories that i was consuming were not losing any weight. If i ever felt as though i needed to eat then i would. I feel fine within myself also
    If you are netting NEGATIVE calories most days (including your exercise), it is not safe or sustainable. I know you think you are doing ok, but PLEASE see a doctor. You are doing serious long term damage to your body, even if you don't notice/see it now
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options

There is NO way you feel fine netting 400 calories a day, are you logging everything you eat? 3 meals a day smh.....what happened to snack etc? You know why you weren't losing weight before because what were you netting 800calories?? YOUR BODY IS STARVING you are not being healthy and you are just losing muscle and aren't listening to anything anyone is saying. Don't go posting stuff if you don't take ppl's advise. This whole post it utterly redic. 400calories a day....MFP should ban ppl from the site who eat like this constantly.
  • staceylouise6684
    Options

There is NO way you feel fine netting 400 calories a day, are you logging everything you eat? 3 meals a day smh.....what happened to snack etc? You know why you weren't losing weight before because what were you netting 800calories?? YOUR BODY IS STARVING you are not being healthy and you are just losing muscle and aren't listening to anything anyone is saying. Don't go posting stuff if you don't take ppl's advise. This whole post it utterly redic. 400calories a day....MFP should ban ppl from the site who eat like this constantly.

I do take peoples advice very seriously and i would never bring any ones comments or suggestions down in any way, i do not know what others eat as i do not seek through peoples diarys. I came on for advice thats all im sorry if i have offended any one i assure you that was not my intention