What should I do with my Hair?

Options
Hello everyone, I am thinking about getting a haircut as the summer grows hotter and it's in my eyes again. My standard practice for the last several years is let it grow for a year then cut it to about an inch. I'm wondering if people think I should just go for a trim and let it keep growing, or if I should cut it short, go messy medium. Any ideas welcome.

Excuse the beard, I've always have some scruff (fat guy protector) and I recently shaved and let it grow out during hockey playoffs. Bruins got eliminated so I can shave or do whatever with it now.

2012_04_23_20_21_29_477.jpg
free image hosting

Thanks for any ideas !

Replies

• _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I'm partial to men with buzz cuts personally.
  • courtxoney
    courtxoney Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    either a messy medium or short would look good.
    short would probably be better for the summer though.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options

You would look handsome with one. It would bring out your eyes :)
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Shave it.
  • MissNations
    MissNations Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I like the "messy medium" idea, but if you tend to get really warm in summer, short might be better. Either way, def get it out of your eyes, they are quite nice.
  • Mikelobov
    Mikelobov Posts: 44
    Options
    I'm pretty used to long hair in the summer in general. It usually gets to about 12 inches in length, curly and shaggy the whole way around. I don't have any pictures on my phone right now of it at that length.

I don't think i'm ballsy enough for a buzz cut. I've never not had hair, and seeing everyone in my family go bald except me makes me think I should embrace it. Everyone always says it's good quality thick hair.

I do like it when something "brings out my eyes" although from that picture you can't really see my eyes, or the specs of gold a midst the brown :).
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Messy medium. I like guys with hair. But def get it out of your eyes, let those peepers show.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Bzzzzzzzzzz...buzz it.
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    I think go with a Justin Bieber hairdo. Then you can swoop it over your eyes. :smile:
  • Mikelobov
    Mikelobov Posts: 44
    Options
    My fear of going too short is as follows (last short haircut) *this was back when I was 245, hence the bigger face.

Maybe it would be different because i'm a bit smaller now, but still makes me nervous.

2011_12_13_19_41_13_711.jpg
    free image hosting
  • missykm7
    missykm7 Posts: 42
    Options
    I vote for a messy medium and out of your eyes as well.
  • Laoch_Cailin
    Laoch_Cailin Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    medium messy or shaven would be lovely on you
  • Kayley
    Kayley Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    A buzz haircut would be nice in the summer. Keep some facial! :smile:
  • aprilgrl27
    aprilgrl27 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Listen, my experience is the more hair you cut off....the more "weight" you lose that week. Shave it off!:bigsmile:
  • bedoozled
    bedoozled Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    It's hard without knowing what texture hair you have, or what it does when it's short, but I love these three styles, and thing the first in particular would work well with the slight wave it looks like you have :)

http://pinterest.com/pin/2392606022248759/

http://pinterest.com/pin/2392606022210587/

http://pinterest.com/pin/223561568972650210/
  • WildFlower7
    WildFlower7 Posts: 714 Member
    Options

^^^Ditto
  • Zeromilediet
    Zeromilediet Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    You sorta look like Chris Hemsworth ... maybe google images to see if any of his various cuts appeals to you. I like the shortish cut with the groomed 3-day growth look. You could try that and if didn't work for you, then shave it off. Hey, don't hide behind hair and a beard ... be the guy you want to be when you reach your goal!
  • CountryBoy65
    CountryBoy65 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Sell it to a wig shop....
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I've always been a fan of longer hair on guys...
  • Expialidojess
    Expialidojess Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Another vote for buzzing it!