Hello Everyone!

Options
Hi I'm new to this program. I have been excercising since 6/18 and working on my bad eating habits. So far, I've lost 15 lbs and dropped 1 dress size, however am at a plateau for over a month. I'm looking forward to another new beginning. Any suggestions or advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Angelica

Replies

• deamarie
    Options
    Hi Angelica! Congrats on your accomplishment so far. Changing your lifestyle is very difficult but you have take the first step. As for the plateau, your body is extremely adaptable and will get used to any program you throw at it after 4-7 weeks. You have to change something to continue to get results. How are you eating? What are you doing for exercise? I will be the first to say that women have to lift weights. Women get scared of being bulky and stick to cardio. Big mistake. Hit those weights, girl. Shape and Fitness magazines have fantastic websites loaded with workout routines. Check them out. Good luck!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever!!!! You will love it here if you don't already. I :heart: this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • angelica0042
    Options
    Thanks, I appreciate getting back to me quickly. Well, I jog 30mins 3 days a week & have been doing 4 sets 50 crunches which includes both sides of the obliques. um, I'm considering upping the days I jog to 4 days to get off this plateau. Hopefully that works!:smile:

Thanks again.
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    Hey Angelica!

I've always been told that the best way to bust o ut of a plateau is to add some resistance training to your routine. Since muscle burns more calories than fat, you'll end up raising your BMR, which will help is so many ways.

You don't even need a gym, just a couple of free weights, and calesthenics (push ups, tricep pushes, etc). You can find a million gym-free routines online :smile:

Congrats on your success! I'm looking forward to hitting that 20 mark. I hope you took some time to celebrate!

:drinker: