Driving me mad

Options

Replies

• mrs_schultz2012
    mrs_schultz2012 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    You are not eating even close to your daily requirements in calories or nutrients. What is this....'as long as i eat 3 meals a day' crap? Under eating is under eating...period. Whether is 6 meals a day or one...Not enough calories is not enough calories. Hectic lifestyle bullsh*t. We all have hectic lifestyles but find time for a decent meal.

Educate yourself on healthy nutritional habits, start eating.

this ^^^^^^^^^^^ :flowerforyou:
  • blynn2708
    blynn2708 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    for just 7 cents a day you can sponsor........oh wait, nevermind, wrong thread....\m/

Although it is not funny that she is seriously causing harm to herself I found your post hilarious & busted out laughing... now everyone at work knows I"m infact not working....

This is serious, but I laughed out loud too...that mouthful of water is now all over my desk...
  • DMarkSwan
    DMarkSwan Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Don't get so hung up on the number on the scale. I get that you want to look your best for your wedding, but the number on the scale doesn't determine that. I suspect (if he is worht anything) that your fiance would rather you healthy for the rest of your lives together than being some specific weight on your wedding day.

In the grand scheme of things the amount you way is meaningless (and certainly 7lbs is not going to make or break your wedding day), but if you must focus on your wedding day appearance, focus on body fat percentage. Adding a little lean muscle (which you need to eat enough and include protein) will do more for your appearance than simply losing pounds.

I'm worried you may have gone too far on the calorie deprivation to come back on your own. If not a doctor, at least see a nutritionist to help you get back on track.
  • fraser112
    fraser112 Posts: 405
    Options
    If you do a bit of research the hole eating x meals a day thing is bull.

some studies have had people eat all there calories one day and skip the next and it shows all kinds of good side effects,

Do a little research and you will see how much you eat is the important thing, multi meals a day is just a way to manage hunger.
  • cazwillis99
    cazwillis99 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    , i eat three meals a day

Hi, you are not eating three meals a day - I have looked at your diary and a bag of monster munch is not a meal, nor is a bag of crisps and a bar of chocolate. You have very little/no fresh fruit or vegetables and you eat a lot of processed items.

You are starving your body of the nutrients that it needs to function. Most days you are actually in negative calories after exercise cals are deducted from what you eat, which cannot be good for you. If you don't want to snack thats fine but the three meals you do eat should be nutricious and balanced - protein, carbs and veg - I have looked through the whole of April and can honestly say that I haven't seen one healthy, balanced meal in your diary.

Your body needs fuel - give it what it needs - I know it can be difficult to increase your daily calories so start slowly - start with breakfast - have some greek yoghurt and fruit instead of a slice of toast - just 60 more cals but much more nutritional value. Then work up from there - good luck :-)
  • staceylouise6684
    Options
    Thanks for all the posts, i honestly didnt see what i was doing, when people say diet i automaticaaly believed you should reduce the calories to allow your body to lose weight, as eating to many calories got me to the stage where i want to lose, when i started i ate between 900 -1200 calories a day then in March i went on a stand still with my weight loss so belived i should drop the calorie count again to lose more weight. To me this was the logical thing to do.

I understand now that this is not the way and i will now up my calorie count to what it was when i first started i know people are saying it should be 1200-1500 but for me that is to much of a jump so will aim for around 800-1000 a day with three times a week exercise.

I will let you know how i get on and again im sorry if i have offended anyone with my post it was not my intention to

Love to you all :heart:
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Eating more will boost your metabolism so your body can get energy to lose the weight. I restarted my weightloss journey on the 2nd and haven't lost a lot weight cause I know I haven't been eating enough.
  • j_courter
    j_courter Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    after reading through a lot of the posts and answers, i'm sorry you had to deal with the occasional nasty comment but i'm glad to hear that you've sorted through all of that and have found the help you needed. i just wanted to apologize for all of the nastiness i saw skimming through this thread... *sigh*

best wishes! happy eating!
  • PSTreasure
    Options
    I understand how it is to not really be aware of what you are doing to yourself with such restrictive eating. The best way to fuel your body for every day activities and the extra that your body is doing as far as exercise, is to eat small meals every 3 hours or so. That way your body has the energy that it needs and you get out of starvation mode. I think that once you begin to eat (and drink water) regularly, you will realize that you weren't feeling as well as you thought. If you can't get yourself turned around asap, please seek medical attention. I wish you the best and hope to hear that you get back on a healthier track!!
  • awwwshux25
    awwwshux25 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I am sure you will be pleased with your results!
  • SVallatini
    Options
    Way to listen to all the advice. Starting slow and working into more calories sounds ok to me. By the way, just by looking at your profile picture you look like you don't need to loose any weight. But, if that is what you want then at least do it the healthy way!Good day to you!
  • mtaylor1980
    mtaylor1980 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I agree.
    Some of the responses were just downright nasty....Obviously after the first 50 people saying to eat more, she gets it!! You don't have to insult her and get nasty......

[
    uote]
    after reading through a lot of the posts and answers, i'm sorry you had to deal with the occasional nasty comment but i'm glad to hear that you've sorted through all of that and have found the help you needed. i just wanted to apologize for all of the nastiness i saw skimming through this thread... *sigh*

best wishes! happy eating!
    [/quote]
  • maggie16sweetxoxo
    maggie16sweetxoxo Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, but your diary just can't be real.

If it is, I certainly hope you're wildly underestimating the portion sizes of or calories in the foods you consume.

Yes i am not trying to be mean but your not losing weight because you are starving!! EAT MORE!!!
  • HotCuppaJo
    HotCuppaJo Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the posts, i honestly didnt see what i was doing, when people say diet i automaticaaly believed you should reduce the calories to allow your body to lose weight, as eating to many calories got me to the stage where i want to lose, when i started i ate between 900 -1200 calories a day then in March i went on a stand still with my weight loss so belived i should drop the calorie count again to lose more weight. To me this was the logical thing to do.

I understand now that this is not the way and i will now up my calorie count to what it was when i first started i know people are saying it should be 1200-1500 but for me that is to much of a jump so will aim for around 800-1000 a day with three times a week exercise.

I will let you know how i get on and again im sorry if i have offended anyone with my post it was not my intention to

Hun, I'm sure you didn't "offend" anyone....they are just trying to (some kindly...some NOT so kindly ;) let you see the error of your ways. :smile: I'm very glad that you have listened to what they have said and are willing to up your calories a bit. Aim for 1000, and still exercise (changing it up a bit, so it's not the same workout every day...) and get some more fruits and veggies in your diet. Best of luck to you!!! :)
  • maggie16sweetxoxo
    maggie16sweetxoxo Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    All your doing is losing muscle, when your body thinks its starving hear what goes. First anything left in your liver, then muscle, then fat, then your too weak and people die from this.... pluse you look thin so I don't think you need to lose weight!
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    for just 7 cents a day you can sponsor........oh wait, nevermind, wrong thread....\m/

Although it is not funny that she is seriously causing harm to herself I found your post hilarious & busted out laughing... now everyone at work knows I"m infact not working....

Me Too! LOL
  • SusanLovesToEat
    SusanLovesToEat Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I'm sure no one was genuinely offended. Everyone was concerned however. As they said the aim of this site is to encourage healthy long term weightloss. Unfortunately, the forum doesn't always provide enough information to assist people in doing so.

I agree with a great many people here when they say that 300-500 calories is starvation level and you will only succeed in reducing your metabolism to such a low point you won't reach your goal by your wedding date.

What you will most likely do if you don't change your diet to at least include healther foods such as increased fruits and vegetables and lean protein is get really bad skin and your hair will fall out from vitamin deficiency.

Try adding some steamed fish and vegetables at first and then lean protien for at least two meals per day. If your worried about gaining, don't very many peopel on this site have alternated high and low days in order to re-adjust their metabolism and begin loosing weight again.

You certainly don't want to celebrate your wedding by passing out after your first glass of champagne! GOOD LUCK!
  • mrs_schultz2012
    mrs_schultz2012 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    glad you hear you are going to boost your calories :happy: that should really help!! Best of luck to you!!
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options

No one is offended at all, just very woried for you.

You burn 1200 a day "Average" just existing, that's just sitting in your bed and not moving so any activity makes you burn even more. It adds up. Do try to eat at least 1200 but increasing some is a good start for now. If you dont fuel up, your body will eat it's self all the while holding on to any fat you intake so you are just beating yourself up and making yourself unhealthy when the goal is to be healthy, feel good and look good. You will get none of that by starving.

Good Luck!
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options

You are a gorgeous girl and obviously very sweet. Good for you for listening to the concern and being willing to change. Your body will THANK YOU...I still think 800-1000 is too low, but you've gotta start somewhere.:flowerforyou: Once your body gets used to that, try to increase more and add lots of fruits and veggies, good lean proteins and nuts. Your body is an unbelievably adaptable machine. You really CAN lose weight and eat a LOT more than you've been eating. I know it may be scary, but you'll feel SO much better if you're getting adequate fuel.