Any P90X Success Stories?

Options
2»

Replies

• JessLLoser
    JessLLoser Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Wow you guys must be able to eat so much with all that working out! And now I finally know what NROLFW means , I've been seeing it in threads and had no idea? Have any of you ever thought about using X Box Kinect? It really regulates how fast or slow you do your lifting and is way more fun than a video, plus others in the fam can use it too! I kept reading books about lifting the right way, but I know I didn't do it right, always too fast・ Kinect is like having a personal trainer watch you all the time.
  • Crazy4Healthy
    Crazy4Healthy Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Wow you guys must be able to eat so much with all that working out! And now I finally know what NROLFW means , I've been seeing it in threads and had no idea? Have any of you ever thought about using X Box Kinect? It really regulates how fast or slow you do your lifting and is way more fun than a video, plus others in the fam can use it too! I kept reading books about lifting the right way, but I know I didn't do it right, always too fast・ Kinect is like having a personal trainer watch you all the time.

It would be awesome to workout at home, but I don't have enough weights (or heavy enough) at home. It's also nice having a squat bar at the gym. Once you start lifting heavier, it becomes near impossible to get that much weight over your head (at least the amount you can squat or deadlift). :) Getting into the free weight area was a bit intimidating at first, but once you get past it, I just love it. It has been awesome seeing results and seeing the progress as the amount of weight I use increases. Very empowering. :happy:
  • dianacom
    dianacom Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have several friends that have done this program and I know that it works...My question is... can someone that has NEVER worked out ( until the last 6 weeks) and is 38 years old...do this program?

My goal is to get fit-period! An I want it more than anything! Any successful stories would be GREATLY appreciated- especially if you are 35 or older... Thanks!

I did px90 a couple of years ago. What's nice, is you can start at any level and work into whatever intensity you want. I have an very short attention span so I committed to 15 min a day and after abt a week I was up to 30 min. I was almost 50 at that time. After about 6 wks my physical therapist friend could tell the difference and I was only doing 30 mins a day.

I would diff recommend it.
  • AsaraFuriosa
    AsaraFuriosa Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I'm starting week9 of P90X. I'm 32yrs but I also have Fibro. I did workout before using my Wii, yoga, and treadmill first. You can always do moderated versions of the moves, I do but I'm getting better and making improvements!

Good luck on your journey no matter what path you go down!
  • Lisseth03
    Lisseth03 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Lost 27 pounds in 90 days doing P90x.

did you follow the nutrition plan?
  • teamfit2day
    teamfit2day Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Before P90X and After. The After Picture was taken in January so its a little out dated. Have lost more weight since then.

Before-AfterP90X.jpg
  • kimgettinfit
    kimgettinfit Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have done the p90x program after not working out...there were a lot of things I couldn't do completely or had to take breaks because I wasn't in shape, but you can keep going and the longer you do it the better/stronger you get!
  • kyleRowland
    Options
    JUST STARTING P90X FOR THE FIRST TIME IM ONLY TWO DAYS IN AND DIETING ON MFP SO HOPEFULLY I WILL GET SOME RESULTS
  • tararar
    tararar Posts: 27
    Options
    I would definitely say so. I was completely outta shape when I first started it and theres so many ways to modify each move [they show you how in the videos too] and you can gradually work into doing them normally. I lost almost 40 lbs so far and I just finished up p90x2 and am gonna continue it for awhile. Definitely the only thing that's ever worked for me to lose weight. Seriously, it's not just hyped up; it really is amazing.
  • delgadodelgado1120
    delgadodelgado1120 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Im starting it this weekend! I have lost 150 pounds on my own, i know so crazy, and I started working with a trainer a few months ago. A lot of stuff he does he takes it from these types of workouts. I am nervous that its not going to be as good as going to the gym...any advice?
  • madmax0412
    Options
    I'm still a work in progress but so far I've lost about 15lbs and I'm only in week 8. I think I'll lose about 22lbs by the end of the program. I plan on taking a week off (just doing cardio) upon completion and then going at least one more round.

I think the program is fantastic. If you just go through the motions then you won't get the results you're looking for imo. If you really "bring it" then you'll see a tremendous change in your fitness level as early as the second week. And by "tremendous change", I mean small wins like being able to do more push ups or chin ups or simply completing a single rep of one of the more complicated moves.

What I really like about P90X is that you're constantly challenged to do things that you probably would slough off if you were going to the gym. For example, all of the plank exercises and a myriad of other exercises that hit your core. It really is a completely holistic approach to exercise.

I've worked out at various gyms since my early twenties and this has kicked my derriere far more than any gym workout that I've done. It's made me a believer out of all these home dvd workouts -- even YouTube has many great body weight only type workouts that look challenging.
  • Tank184
    Tank184 Posts: 65
    Options
    Well im 38 I am on day 69 of the program i was stuck at a 74 pound lost rut and could not break it Since starting P90X im down 25 more and I am 1 pound away from breaking that 100 pounds lost barrier! it does work if you commit and just keep pushing play!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!