alcohol

Options
Hey, I know alcohol is pretty much a dieting no-no, but my husband & I are going out tonight with old friends and I know drinking will be involved. What can I drink that will be low calorie other than light beer?

Replies

• anunknownmouse
    Options
    Hard liquor mixed with diet soda. Or straight or on the rocks.
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Vodka and club soda. :)
  • supratt
    supratt Posts: 33
    Options
    Water
  • saustin201
    saustin201 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this article.
  • Goosiesnougs
    Options
    Enjoy your friends and drink some wine......healthy! Don't overdo it, so you can get up and get in a kick *kitten* workout! BURN THEM OFF!
  • Ribena145
    Ribena145 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    wine spritzer
  • 1_Happy_Camper
    Options
    Water

LMAO!!!!!
  • Karalopolous
    Options
    Are you gonna be dancing? That helps with the calories!
    I like that article too!
  • Runs4Wine
    Runs4Wine Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Wine or light beers are my drinks of choice when going out.
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I usually drink flavored bacardi with club soda, or rum with diet coke.
    Sangria is also a decent option calorie-wise.
  • bekinator
    bekinator Posts: 103
    Options
    nice article, thanks! i try to implement a general rule of taking it easy on mixers with tons of sugar, and beer is a rotten bloater, though i still like to enjoy a good one. anything super sweet is probably not good for you, since the alcohols will be turning into sugars already, from what i understand. plus, booze hurts hydration, which gets you pounded and slows down your goals (look through my diaries and you'll see i speak very much from experience!). so if you keep a rule of a water per drink, you can party longer & keep your bod happy (-;
  • Gerry_Lane
    Options
    Alcohol are empty calories. There is no utilization of energy and they encourage fat storage. That being said, enjoy the evening out, be conservative with your drinking...drive safely and get back in gear tomorrow. It sounds like this is a treat and not a routine....ENJOY LIFE. But know its like eating cake...enjoy a little and work hard tomorrow.

Gerry
  • missprincessgina
    missprincessgina Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Vodka and club soda and a lime...Yum :)
  • rehtaeh78
    rehtaeh78 Posts: 90
    Options
    bump
  • Thesis_gut
    Thesis_gut Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Gin & Diet Tonic!

The bitterness of the tonic water might mean you'll drink more slowly. And the calorie to alcohol ratio is very good. Dry red wine also has a good calorie/alcohol ratio and is meant to be healthy in moderation thanks to resveratrol. Both spirits and red wine beat light beer because they've got less carbs.

Most importantly, enjoy the night, do a little dancing if at all possible and don't worry!
  • Amber50lbsDown
    Amber50lbsDown Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I love my beer and vodka and OJ or Malibu and pinaple. I just make sure during the week I leave eaxtra so I can drink and if I go over I just work out extra the next week.
    Ive heard skinny girl coctails are good but never tried them personally.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    ROFLMAO. Alcohol is a no-no? Then why do I continue to lose weight though I drink at least a bottle of wine a week (usually in one night), and a few straight-ups?
  • girlholiday
    Options
    flavored vodka with seltzer water with a cherry or lime/lemon wedge.
    jack daniels or jack daniels honey and diet coke.
  • gumigal82
    gumigal82 Posts: 350
    Options
    Hey, I know alcohol is pretty much a dieting no-no, but my husband & I are going out tonight with old friends and I know drinking will be involved. What can I drink that will be low calorie other than light beer?

vodka&club soda/tonic water with a twist of lime.